Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What careers have you though about doing in the past?
What are career are you interested in now? or currently do?

I used to want to be an actress when I was younger and also a tv presenter at some point then for long time I wasn't sure what I wanted to do , before deciding I want to do something based in the IT/business sector.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
ive always wanted to be a racecar driver... but then reality hit me when companies go "You must be this tall to ride this attraction."

Son. of. a. goat.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Oh jeez, I had a list of careers I wanted to pursue. But it was mainly because I wanted to take over the jobs of people who I saw were incompetent through my experience with them. So over the years I've wanted to be a pediatrician, a neurologist, a surgeon, an architect, a lawyer, a teacher, an accountant... I'm sure there are more but I can't really think of them now. My current interest is in psychology though, so hopefully my interest will stay alive long enough for me to pursue such a career and be happy about my choice.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Supreme Chancellor Barry has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I wanted to be a film director/writer still sort of do, but the effort i would require is something i do not poses. but use to work at a small indie film studio.

criminal profiler - i like psychology and trying to get into the minds of criminals is always appealing to me

But mainly i see a job as restricting, it is something that prevents you getting on with life. I just want something that gives you a lot of money, so when i am not working, i can do all the things i would love to do and enjoy,instead of a job i hate, and spending every day out of work, wishing i could do those things, but cant.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I wanted to command an army, be the ruler, a racecar driver, entrepreneur: wanted to do something that will kill Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, etc.

Now, I am in Law. Woo.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I wanted to command an army, be the ruler, a racecar driver, entrepreneur: wanted to do something that will kill Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia, etc.

Now, I am in Law. Woo.
Wow, I've seen quite a few INTPs on PerC mention jobs in law.

I couldn't imagine myself imposing or enforcing (what I see as) arbitrary morality. I don't consciously oppose the law, as I do not like to be in any sort of trouble, but I also don't consciously obey it. I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist and keep everybody out of my hair, by being mild and in my own world.

I hate the restrictions I come up against, usually put on me by SJ types. I hate to call them out, as they are often demonized on these forums, but in my job the majority of my superiors are SJs, and I have to smile at them as I choke down my fury for having their arbitrary ideas of how things should be forced upon me. I most often ignore these ideas, or meet their requirements very minimally.

I'm sorry... Ranting...

I have thought about:

• psychologist
  • philosophy professor
  • psychology professor
  • English teacher
  • author/poet/some sort of writer
  • suicidal fry-cook
  • EMT
  • crisis counselor

But really, I have no idea what the fuck I'll do. I feel pretty useless in most ways--can't imagine myself being successful at a "job".

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Wow, I've seen quite a few INTPs on PerC mention jobs in law.

I couldn't imagine myself imposing or enforcing (what I see as) arbitrary morality. I don't consciously oppose the law, as I do not like to be in any sort of trouble, but I also don't consciously obey it. I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist and keep everybody out of my hair, by being mild and in my own world.
This is how I came up with the idea of doing Law:
Almost everything said here.

No fucking willpower and drive to do something. I still haven't found something that might interest me as a career. I decided upon Law because nothing else interested me that much. This is a 5-year-dual degree, a bachelors in Law and Arts. I hope I do well, even when I know the repercussions of not working hard, I cannot work hard.

With my country's education system, you need to be hard working and not smart or intelligent. Makes me want to cry in a corner if I could.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I wanted to take over the world... Still do!

I also remember when I was very young wanting to make computer games, I guess it's the only place where you can create the world as you see it (besides taking over the actual world!). I'm still trying to find the spare time to pursue that goal!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts