Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed with my sleep recently I've been waking up a few hours before I want to and sometimes I can't back to sleep and feel tired during the day because of it.

I'm not sure what the reason is. Maybe I think of a few things before sleeping and it wakes me up. I'm not really a deep sleeper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are a lot of factors that can effect your sleep, some general advice would be to stick to a sleep schedule, get rid of anything in your bedroom that might distract you from sleep and avoid a lot alcohol or food before bed.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
I've noticed with my sleep recently I've been waking up a few hours before I want to and sometimes I can't back to sleep and feel tired during the day because of it.

I'm not sure what the reason is. Maybe I think of a few things before sleeping and it wakes me up. I'm not really a deep sleeper.
There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things, it's not really possible to help you without more information.

I will say these general things in passing:

Regular physical exercise is critical to proper sleep. If you are not a physical person, eventually your body will rebel on you. It will deny your mind rest if you deny it exercise. Get up, get out, do some running and push-ups. If you think you can fool it, you can't. Taking sleeping pills is a huge psychological and maturity error, in general. Not being able to sleep is a symptom you SHOULD listen to and address properly.

Diet is critical to proper sleep. Chocolate, caffeine, and sugar are BANES to proper sleep. Not addressing these issues will cost you, and they will cost you a LOT long term. Aspartame is also a bad deal as it is linked to tendinitis, long term.

Stress management is something critical to sleep If you let excess worry build up in you, you are going to lose sleep. Sleep loss when exercise and diet are properly controlled is often due to stress. Stress management techniques should be used to mediate or alleviate stress levels to bring sleep back to normal. Meditation is particularly useful. It balances body and mind BEFORE you try to sleep, resulting in better sleep quite often.

Hormone issues related to all the above affect sleep. Practicing releasing your 'chi' as they say is the conscious decision to release adrenaline and other hormones in the body. Do you sense a pattern here? You should be releasing hormones like adrenaline during the day doing what you do. Exercise is a great way to USE a regular dose of adrenaline. You can also learn to provoke your own adrenal response and assist in healing and personal physical empowerment. This provocation, regularly done, such as in meditative states, can balance your whole body and assist in sleep (and many other physiological issues).

Reactions: brightflashes

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,777 Posts
Eat less spicy and oily foods, while consuming more fruits and leafy vegetables

Exercise an hour, or walk for at least 20 minutes each day

Talk and socialize with friends for an hour or two. Conversations can make you feel tired, and chatting with friends will help you let go of worrying thoughts, so you can sleep better at night. This is preferrably done in person, not online

·
Banned
307 Posts
Generally it's the cat passive aggressively headbutting me because he's hungry or something.

Also I make sure to have both my phones on during the night in case anyone is trying to get in contact with me so those get me a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts