Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

I noticed someone else got this for a first panel, so clearly it knows I'm in Canada:
Others seem to get a completely different comic with a snake. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I noticed someone else got this for a first panel, so clearly it knows I'm in Canada:
Others seem to get a completely different comic with a snake. :laughing:
I get the one with a snake when I use safari, but I get a different one about there being a hurricane in DC (where I live) when I use firefox.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For the snake comic, if you resize your browser window at different resolutions you see different panels (seen through an atlanta proxy). Large enough and you see a guy riding its back and going through portals (like the ones from the game)

Miami proxy gives the solar storm one with the 'it's cold out' line, Canada proxy gives me the hockey line.

St Louis gives me a wise-crack about Chrome looking for a missing piece that Chrome thinks attaches to a corner piece (lol), so it does know what browser I'm using.

HAHAHA the British one has the xkcd character with the hat having a lie detector test. Dialogue goes:
Tester: "You come across a tortoise in the desert. You flip it over. It struggles to right itself. You watch but you're not helping. Why is that?"
Hat guy: "It KNOWS what it did."
Haha then they just stare at each other in the last panel.

Netherlands proxy shows the same as the British one. As does Brazil. As does Australia.

Lol Germany has a panel of a guy on a ski lift dropping cans of food as he ascends. Caption reads: "June 1948: In response to the Soviet blockade of East Germany, the western allies construct the Berlin chairlift."

France gives the snake one. Was the guy riding the snake wearing a beret in the US accessed one? (Yes.) Switzerland also gives this comic. As does Serbia. As does Japan. As does Hong Kong. As do Malaysia, Phillipines and India.

The Israeli one has a girl talking on a cellphone. It's in Hebrew (I assume that's what that is) so I can't read it.

I'm tired of switching my VPN around now :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
HAHAHA the British one has the xkcd character with the hat having a lie detector test. Dialogue goes:
Tester: "You come across a tortoise in the desert. You flip it over. It struggles to right itself. You watch but you're not helping. Why is that?"
Hat guy: "It KNOWS what it did."
Haha then they just stare at each other in the last panel.

Netherlands proxy shows the same as the British one. As does Brazil. As does Australia.
Got this too. It's a Voight Kampff test, from Blade Runner.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I got one about two people; one was from San Francisco and the other was from Minnesota (where I live). The individual from MN was freaking out because there was a small earthquake, and then the person from California thought Californians were tougher than Minnesotans... until winter, where the person from CA was freaking out over our winter.

Yes. Winter makes you tough ;)

JUST THREE MORE MILES!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I got one about Abraham Lincoln and nanobots.

·
Registered
37 Posts
"Police divers searching the bay say they have recovered the body of another victim of the 'Lake Diver Killer.' During the search, three more divers were reported missing ... "

I'm in Florida on Mac, Chrome

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a one about earthquakes in CA and hurricanes in FL.
I got this one in Firefox.

"Stop jiggling your leg."
"I'm not ji-...oh!"
"What?"
"You'll get it ..."
*rattle rattle*
"HOLY CRAP IT'S AN EARTHQUAKE!"
"Just a little one. Happens all the time back in San Francisco."
"But this is Florida! That was HUGE!"
"Seriously? That's the worst this place can do? Wow. I guess we grow up tougher in California."
"Oh, REALLY..."
*six months later*
(Californian is hanging onto a street sign in a hurricane.)
"AAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE SHIIIIIIIIT!"
"Calm down - this is barely a category 2."

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What a fun idea!

And this 'Umwelt' thing seems pretty cool too. :proud:

·
MOTM Mar 2012
613 Posts
I got one about two people; one was from San Francisco and the other was from Minnesota (where I live). The individual from MN was freaking out because there was a small earthquake, and then the person from California thought Californians were tougher than Minnesotans... until winter, where the person from CA was freaking out over our winter.

Yes. Winter makes you tough ;)

JUST THREE MORE MILES!
Mine was identical except it said Pennsylvania (my location) instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts