Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, you're not dreaming; An INFP asking advice from fellow ESTJs. No, I'm not suicidal. :) (I'm just playing, you guys don't sound that horrible, haha!)

What could I learn in life and love from you guys? Thank you. :D

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would you like to know?
Hmm. Good question.

I would perhaps would love to learn how to use the "Sensing" part of my personality (As you can see from my signature, it's pretty low.) and I would like to know how to be more "in the moment" and enjoy the present life rather than brooding over the past or worrying so much about the future.

Any tips on how to focus more on what is real and actual?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Ummm...

1. I like to dance. Whenever I dance, I feel free, happy, excited, and liberated. Perhaps you can try to train your confidence and your sensing function by dancing. Dance can also stimulate your reflex and flexibility.
  2. I don't sweet the small stuff.
  3. I don't care with what others think about me. I believe that what others think about me is not my business.
  4. I love my friends. I know they aren't perfect. Sometimes they talked behind my back too. But I still love them anyway. The key is to have tons of friends. The more friends you have, the more you will understand that no one is perfect, the more you will be able to accept people for what they are, the more you can tolerate different perspectives, and the less you care about the imperfection/bad sides of each person.
  5. I never give up, no matter what happen.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummm...

1. I like to dance. Whenever I dance, I feel free, happy, excited, and liberated. Perhaps you can try to train your confidence and your sensing function by dancing. Dance can also stimulate your reflex and flexibility.
  2. I don't sweet the small stuff.
  3. I don't care with what others think about me. I believe that what others think about me is not my business.
  4. I love my friends. I know they aren't perfect. Sometimes they talked behind my back too. But I still love them anyway. The key is to have tons of friends. The more friends you have, the more you will understand that no one is perfect, the more you will be able to accept people for what they are, the more you can tolerate different perspectives, and the less you care about the imperfection/bad sides of each person.
  5. I never give up, no matter what happen.
I love this answer so much. :) Thank you!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Lesson 1:

Be specific. Emulate their use and expected use of S, and Si in particular. Which means you'll need to clarify down to the decimal.

·
Registered
453 Posts
WickedQueen:

> I don't sweet the small stuff.
> The more friends you have, the more you will understand that no one is perfect, the more you will be able to accept people for what they are, the more you can tolerate different perspectives

Wow, are you sure you're ESTJ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ummm...

1. I don't care with what others think about me. I believe that what others think about me is not my business.
  2. I love my friends. I know they aren't perfect. Sometimes they talked behind my back too. But I still love them anyway. The key is to have tons of friends. The more friends you have, the more you will understand that no one is perfect, the more you will be able to accept people for what they are, the more you can tolerate different perspectives, and the less you care about the imperfection/bad sides of each person.
One of the best posts I've read thus far.
I have never thought about this line before: "I believe that what others think about me is not my business."

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have never thought about this line before: "I believe that what others think about me is not my business."
That's really easy to get my ENFP head around...thanks!I will certainly keep it in mind from now on...well till I react emotionally that is!:cool:Actually we can learn so much from you guys it's amazing. You are usually very wise; bossy but wise none the less.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
WickedQueen:

> The more friends you have, the more you will understand that no one is perfect, the more you will be able to accept people for what they are, the more you can tolerate different perspectives

Eh? What do you mean?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
i don't like to stereotype.. but most ESTJs i know are kinda closed-minded. but hey, INFPs have tons of bad stereotypes and lots of them don't apply to me :tongue:
When it comes to other people, I'm pretty open minded. I don't care what other people want to do or choose for themselves. But when it comes to me personally, I must say I'm very rigid, extra decisive, and very stubborn, to the point where I lead people to think that I'm a close-minded person.

So you can say that externally, I'm very open minded. But internally, I'm very close-minded. I don't apply the same values on myself for what I apply to other people.

·
Registered
29 Posts
WickedQueen:

yeah thats true actually, that is more what ESTJs learned and most have to learn just like she did :)
your type normally knows that anyway )
so there probebly were other things that you wanted to lean from ESTJs...
such as the comment about "dont care wha others think about me"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like what my mom would say..I now think my mum is ESTJ...
same as for extreme ESTJs it would be: start daydreaming!
everything around you was once imagined, if you completely stop daydreaming it will easily lead to lack of vision!
if you feel however that you are daydreaming TOO MUCH (not acording to your mom, acording to you)
then either be a little more earthy (but keep dreaming! who doesnt dream doesnt live!), or do what many visionary people (big thinkers) do: have a few admin types around, who willget practical stuff done

·
Registered
208 Posts
I totally agree! The thought of "I believe that what others think about me is not my business" is such an interesting concept that I have never even once thought about before. It's something that I will try to keep in mind from time to time because I think it could benefit those of us who tend to worry too much about what others think of us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well people always say I get stuff done right and I think it comes from the idea of carpe diem, when you seize the day! I basically have a "just do it" attitude and do whatever it takes to get something done whether it's that 5 page paper due the next day (I'm a huge procrastinator) or going to that interview, I simply do it. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts