Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've been lurking these forums for a while, and this is the first time I've decided to post. As for right now, I've always wondered what my personality type is, and while I've had my thoughts, I'd rather leave it to a third party to see things objectively, as I don't trust myself completely with typing.

Here it goes!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not really. I mean, I I did go through a whole getting bullied phase, but I'm not sure if that plays any role here. It might've played a role in the sense I was depressed until that situation ended, and really shut people out of my life for a few years to save myself from pain, but nothing clinical. Currently, I'm fine, am a guy, and am heading to college soon.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
ENFP, ENTJ, ENTP

4 .You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
I would be glad to have a friend next to me so I have some company, but definitely irritated by the distraction. I'd tell him right off that I like his ideas, but they're not helping, and then I'd ask him to kindly let me be and we could talk later, so either sit quietly next to me or be with someone else who can be of more fun than me at the moment. We could still have small conversations, but I'd really have to get that project finished, so conversation must be limited. It's my priority and mission to finish the fixing, and that's what I got to do. Although, if I weren't taking the mission seriously and saw no real benefit or personal liking for it, I'd be more apt to talk more to my friend than work.

5a . What are some of your most important values?
Freedom, Intelligence, Efficiency, Open-mindedness, Honesty, Logic, Being Trustworthy, Being Genuine (and if fake, at the very least useful in some way), Being Respectful and Courteous (people who don't do this, even friends and family, get on my nerves and I almost always correct the misbehavior), Being Nice (this is very hard for me at times, but I always push to do this as it's very beneficial for both my life and others)

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
I could probably end up valuing other traits, but generally, these are my inner values and there is 99% chance they are permanent. They will probably never change, but hey, who knows. Something might happen, like a mad scientist changing my brain chemistry in an experiment. Or I might get hypnotized *shrug*

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
I'd be a bit shocked or taken aback at first. Then I'd jump right into my zone and question them on it, or at the very least understand why they said that. After challenging the idea, I'd also probably have them consider how other people would feel and being more sensitive.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
I like being around people, even if I don't do much with them. Psychoanalyzing people is also a great pastime of mine that gets me all hyped. I just get energized out of nowhere. It's kinda weird haha. Performing on stage (I'm into theater), parties, and leading a group in an activity or organization are definitely three activities that get me very excited and energized, though.
I also like video games, soap operas, and movies, as they get me involved in some way and I get energized. Actually, they usually get my imagination stirring, and I imagine new situations or myself in the experiences presented in those media outlets. Hanging out with friends also energizes me, though it can wear me out if we go on for too long. I'll need like a 10 minute break, and then march on again. I also like debating, like imagining ideas and then thinking it out with other people, though I unknowingly wear down other people's energy with this at times. Finally, daydreaming and traveling in my imagination tend to be fun and energizing for me as well, both when I'm alone and zoning out among people.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
Reading, doing a solo activity for way too long, and dealing with useless, inefficient routines for sure. And dealing with inefficient people with inefficient systems/routines, and when told gently and kindly that what they're doing can be adjusted for better results, they react badly. All that wears my patience and energy thin.
Oh! And dealing with illogical people, way too emotional outbursts, and people who fail to understand other people's feelings or thought processes makes me want to stab my knee. All of this drives me nuts, and wears me out if I'm exposed to it too much.

Sorry for the disorganization. It really bothers me, but I'm a bit lazy to remodel everything right now.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I'm weird. Like, in a Myers Briggs sense, I think I get my energy from outside my head. I can be alone for long periods of time and enjoy it, but what really pulls me into a great mood is talking with people and interacting with them. That's how I pick myself up.
In a definitional sense of I/E, I guess I'm more ambiverted. I'm not always in the need to be outgoing and smily happy all the time (actually, people say I'm quite intimidating, though I don't do that on purpose), but I don't like just being by myself all the time. I'm more in the middle. If the job requires it, though, I can keep up an extraverted or introverted front as needed for longer periods of time.
Being bullied and having some really bad childhood experiences has also made me a more quiet and cynical as person, so that could play a role in why I could be a lot more reserved as a person by the definitional sense of extraversion/introversion.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
Some of my greatest strengths are (I don't like to brag but...) intelligence, a natural capacity for leadership, being honest, ability to adapt to situations and people quickly, creativity, being responsible, being realistic, able to get on good terms with just about everyone, being a go-getter, level headedness (90% of the time), and my ability to read people and their motives.
Some of my weakness are that I can be intimidating, be insecure when things cuts through both my logic and feelings, at times too blunt in words (I try to control that so it's productive but not hurtful), having a difficult time taking orders from people, hating to lose and admit defeat, competitive, jealousy/envy (rare, but it happens, and I hate it) and failing to take into account people's feelings once I'm in "the zone" or am in a tight situation.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm stressed, I desire to be left alone. And I make it obvious. And if you don't notice and approach me, I will tell you. And if you don't listen, I'll warn you. And if you keep going, I will cut to a weak point to shut you up. A few icy, sharp words usually do the trick, though I do feel a small bit regretful later.
I get very moody and irritable, and it becomes impossible for me to think rationally. It becomes the whole world against me, and I go into a corner alone to think and mostly feel things out. I become an emotional mess if I lose my cool, and if other people aren't careful with the words and actions they use in helping me out, I freak and become angrier/moodier. Very few people can help me out when I get like this.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
I have a soft, fragile, gentle inside filled with my emotions and stories and ideas and plans/strategies for my life that I let very few people ever get to. So when just anyone is insulting me or trying to get at me, I don't take it seriously. If they press forward after I brush it off or they push things very far, I can also battle back with an insult or action of my own, since I have a knack for pinpointing people's weaknesses, targeting them, and firing a missile. And all this usually just rolls off my back.
If a friend or someone who knows my inner side messes with it or offends/insults me with my personal points, though, it upsets me badly. I think of friends as people who I can let my guard down with, so when something is aimed at me in my unguarded state, it really makes me both mad and sad. I trust they know what matters to me, and if they use my inside against me, I take it very offensively. And I don't fire back like normal because... Well, the person is my friend. I don't want to hurt them, and I expect they won't stab me where it really hurts, either. In fact, I almost never stab friends like that, even after they've hurt me. I can't hurt the people who actually mean something to me, so I end up losing the battle in these situations.
I can get over it if they're truly, truly sorry (and a long amount of silent treatment and generally not so nice treatment from me), but what usually happens is I lose a certain degree of respect and trust and a falling off my very small list of true friends. At times I can try to get even (even then, I don't stop there), and I reveal the very dark side inside myself, but I try to be mature and not do this, as it really doesn't help anyone. And when I say you're gone from my life, you're gone. It'll almost be like we never met.
Also, seeing people receive injustice riles up a passion in me that makes me mad. I won't stand for it and will fight against it, unless I find fight may not be the best move and it is best to take another course of action. But even this doesn't compare to the hurt I feel above ^^

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
Most of them are theoretical in nature. Rarely am I thinking about merely day-to-day activities. I often think into universal principals, like why are we here and what is our purpose? Could there be a God? I ponder this alone, and when I rejoin society, like to debate these ideas with people for more points of view. I tend to keep these thoughts rational and logic based. I also like to reflect on past situations and seeing it from a new light, so I can see how I can better handle it in the future. I also reflect on any of my feelings to see why I had then and how I can better deal or experience them. I also tend to get random bursts of ideas out of nowhere, some linked to something I know, some brilliantly random out of nowhere.
Also, this part is a secret... I like to swim in my imagination. I will create new situations based off of the ones in my life to see alternate realities. I also put myself in situations such as those in video games and shows like Survivor and seeing what I would do there, or if I could make a new show like that and see how that story would unfold based on the characters I create. I like to make up new universes in my head that I live in and experience. Inside, I'm also a deep romantic, though it never really shows outside. I imagine relationships with made up people in my head, and see how actions could affect my emotions and thoughts, particularly the bad moments and break ups. Often, I've swum so much in my imagination that I forget what's in my head isn't always what's in reality. I also tend to envision what I could do or be in the future, and how I could work to get there. Nobody ever knows about this but me, though.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
I love feedback and almost always want it! I can't stand people who won't tell me the truth and like to keep faux complimenting, so straightforward, honest people giving me feedback is valued.
After I've gotten a lot of feedback, I like to retreat to myself and look at my take on the performance, and compare it to what other people saw. Then I mend all of it together to see exactly what I think should improve and how I'll get better.
However, when I get feedback, I expect you give me positives/negatives, and where I could improve. If all you give me is positives, I'll appreciate it, but I'll still be poking for improvement points. If someone just criticizes me harshly and seems to do so without giving me an area of improvement or has no reason for it whatsoever, I'll find it insulting/irrational and dismiss it, though later, I'll look at what they said and see it in a new light, just to see if it had any merit. It usually doesn't, just saying.
Basically, the feedback must have a purpose and not require me to take periods of time to rationalize what someone said or it's of no true value to me... Not sure if that made sense :/

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
At the time of being written, nopeamundo.

If anything needs to be clarified, delineated, or information on another question is needed, please let me know and I'll get on it :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've always wondered what my personality type is, and while I've had my thoughts, I'd rather leave it to a third party to see things objectively
Just to start this off, what do you think could be your personality type? You wrote that you test as most of the ENxx types - do you agree with that? What parts of each do not sound much like you?

(I do think you're an Extravert. I'm not much a fan of the "ambivert" designation, because then the vast majority of people would probably call themselves that. People do both extraverted things and introverted things, but they prefer one or the other as their primary source of energy, and that's what makes them an Extravert or Introvert.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Yes, I do agree about most of those types. In terms of what I think, I am a bit unsure. I'm fairly certain about the E and N (I slip off into lala land a lot). The T/F and J/P have me mixed, though, especially the T/F. I like logic and being truthful, but also remember to be gentle for people's feelings. I also tend to be open to things and can improvise well, but I absolutely hate having my shedules or plans thrown off and like to sick by them unless it proves futile. So any type with at least an N (just in case my dominant cognitive function is actually introverted) is probably my type.

In terms of what I listed:

ENFP: I can be quite friendly, and I can he weird and out there at times with my ideas. I do get my feelings hurt and take people's feelings into considerations, as well as my own. I don't have a thing for leaving unfinished projects, however, and I usually don't abandon what I start. I also tend to categorize and judge in my hand (leading to being a little less open to new things), but that's also something that happens to be part of human nature, IIRC.

ENTJ: The leadership-striving, organizational skills, leadership ability, and most parts about being honest/blunt match me. However, I'm not conpletely rude/insensitive by nature, nor do I look at people in a objectified, non-human way. And I can be lazy at times, though anything that matters to me gets finished right away and efficiently. I am confrontational, but at times, if my feelings are really hurt, I won't tackle the situation and be passive.

ENTP: I can be quite zany and can brainstorm very well. I do like to make people laugh and can connect things very fast. However, I can note if my joke will be insensitive and may avoid it unless I find it is the right time to do so. I also don't abandon projects and usually pursue them fully unless they're the free floating reveries in my head. But I do tend to poke at people and annoy to find what works and doesn't work on people.

Sorry if these are based on stereotypes (they more than likely are and will offend some people, if I'm thinking correctly). I'm not really sure about using the cognitive functions on myself. I see it much better in other people, as I feel like I use all of them to a nice extent.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My observation of your post.

Ti IIII
Te IIIII
Ne IIII
Ni III
Se III
Si I
Fe IIII
Fi I

Ne Ti Fe Si(ENTP)
Te Ni Se Fi(ENTJ)
Ti Se Ni Fe(ISTP)
Se Ti Fe Ni(ESTP)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply!

But how did you arrive at ExTP? I'm curious to know.

My observation of your post.

Ti IIII
Te IIIII
Ne IIII
Ni III
Se III
Si I
Fe IIII
Fi I

Ne Ti Fe Si(ENTP)
Te Ni Se Fi(ENTJ)
Ti Se Ni Fe(ISTP)
Se Ti Fe Ni(ESTP)
Thank for the observations! I never would have expected E/ISTP, and I'd be shocked if, once everything is broke down, one of those is my actual type. I'm not opposed to them or any type, really, so que sera sera.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops. Forgot this question:

3) Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

(I cannot post links or images yet. Basically, it's that galaxy picture called "lost on the shore" on Flickr)

Wow... this picture is just... breathtaking. Abstruse, yet simple. Simply stunning. Looking at it, I feel so deeply lost among the stars and the galaxies. It's like the universe is so big, and I'm so small, and I'm just in awe at how huge our world truly is. It's a story yet to be told, and with ever inch that we explore and every rock we overturn, another mystery is revealed, and yet again, in almost an infinite loop, an endless cycle, we human beings are taken on another adventure to infinity and beyond.

The colors are also very appealing, and the way the shades and hues come together to culminate this masterpiece... just wow. It's deep and beautiful. I'm practically at a loss for words. I almost couldn't put these sentences together watching it, imagining, if I were there exploring the foreign landscape, those stars twinkling, the fog rolling, the warm sunset slowly fading into the night of Van Gogh's Starry Night. Never mind the horrors that could be hiding underneath the fog and behind the mountains, the aesthetic pleasures encompassing the range my optical lens view, embossed with dark wonders, pale any ugly visages of trolls and snares that dare disrupt the nebulous peace.

I really loved that. <3

·
Registered
615 Posts
Everybody uses all the functions.

Which seem less important to you, which do you sacrifice for the sake of the others? ie I am fascinated by Se but I sacrifice it to give more power to my Ni, because for me, that trade is necessary.

Which seem irrelevant to your life, even though you are still capable of recognizing its uses? Once again, using myself as an example, I can do Ne, and I'm good at it, but it's not necessary for me to continue; I could psychologically live without using it every day. My Si tends to be thrown out the window altogether.

Which functional attitudes are so natural to your way of viewing the world you don't even realize when you're using them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everybody uses all the functions.

Which seem less important to you, which do you sacrifice for the sake of the others? ie I am fascinated by Se but I sacrifice it to give more power to my Ni, because for me, that trade is necessary.

Which seem irrelevant to your life, even though you are still capable of recognizing its uses? Once again, using myself as an example, I can do Ne, and I'm good at it, but it's not necessary for me to continue; I could psychologically live without using it every day. My Si tends to be thrown out the window altogether.

Which functional attitudes are so natural to your way of viewing the world you don't even realize when you're using them?
Sorry I haven't responded in a while! A lot going on in my life right now, and I've only got the time now.

Now before I start, this is all mostly subjective and self-thought, so the actual objectivity might be incorrect or something. This is my basic understanding of each function, and I may not have touched each one properly.

Te: I do try to be nice about things and as gentle as I can be with honesty and try to be compromising, but when I am facing a dire situation or a complete mess, I will be the first to jump to action, organize everything, and fix it. This overrides almost every function completely, as I become blunt and insensitive to emotions and will direct things as needed. I might even break rules to get done what I need. I totally lose sight about whether people feel bad or good, and go straight for confrontation and clearing the air with a battle plan I construct. I also like to tackle issues right away, and get mad when I can't, such as if I have a failed performance and want another one right away to correct myself, though the next one won't be for a while. This function especially becomes rough when I'm truly angry and Fi gets out of control. I can be extremely aggressive, especially when I'm mad.

Ti: I like sorting things in my head, and this is more something I do when I'm relaxed or planning. I am able to think from many different angles and I almost always play devil's advocate so we can cover everything in a conversation. I only do so if I find it productive or beneficial, however. I don't really like to just argue for the sake of arguing, or taking sides I dob't believe in (unless of course it will benefit me somehow). To be fair, though, I had to teach myself how to use this function really well. I'm very used to letting out the ideas instead of keeping them in my head.

Fe: I am well aware of social norms, and do follow them (though if I think it's stupid or will make a bigger mess of things, I ignore it and do as I want). I try to be respectful and do get mad when my friends or family make scenes that can be embarrassing or do weird things that draw attention. Though, to be fair, there are times when I'm also the instigator of scenes and weird things. If I get mad or in a conflict or I find it necessary, though, I will ignore social customs. In general, I'm also aware of other people's emotions as well, though sometimes, I fail to take it into account. My brother actually has to remind me to be much more sensitive go what other people do and feel, at times. I can be very unaware at times. And in most cases, I'd rather do what's better for people than what makes people happy.

Fi: I do my best to relate to people and value being genuine (I can easily pick out fake actions, words, and behaviors and greatly hate that). I often have moral conflicts with myself (like am I inherently bad or good), and I try to resolve what I would follow with my heart and mind. This comes out most when I get emotional and lose it, though. When I talk to people on an emotional level, though, I carefully guide their feelings and also relate to them so they can see where I'm going with things. I also tend to think about things in relation to my feelings than other people's.

Se: This is more or less active when I'm relaxed. I love to have fun and experience new things, and I can easily pick out cool things around me and be amazed by the aesthetics. I also do my best to be grounded in reality, so that when I come up with plans in my head, I can find a way to make it real. This is also what I use to pick out people's strengths and weaknesses and read them based on behavior... Yes, very bad of me, but I use it as necessary, especially in the school and work place. I like to do all this when the work is done or I need some vacation time, however.

Si: Dare I say, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I make sure everything is as how it should be, though I don't go over the top. If something is good the way it is, I won't see a need to perfect it to 100% unless absolutely necessary. However, I'm one to break tradition and not care, so I'm fairly certain I don't use this much.

Ne and Ni: I know that I use intuition. I get random psychic bursts that are almost 90% of the time right. I also get ideas out of nowhere, and can piece facts together very quickly. I use this a lot to formulate battle plans, make people laugh with witty jokes, and read people, and I especially use this to read someone so I see which method of conversation I can use to best make a friendship. I'm just not sure which one as the definitions confuse me.

So how it stacks up? I know thinking and intuition get used a lot by me. I like to organize and lead (Te and Ni), but I also like to be comedic and witty (Ne and Ti). After those, the feeling functions and Se. I don't know if I use Si all that much, as I'm not one for tradition and not questioning why we do certain things. I've actually had fights with my mom over questioning things like religion, and she's an ESFJ I think.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The bothersome thing about discussing cognitive functions while typing someone is you never know if they don't understand the function a) because they don't have it or b) because they don't realize they have it.

If a, you may not use much Ti/Fe. You said you had to teach yourself how to use Ti, which ime usually means it's lower in the stack (inferior or shadow). I'm doubting inferior, because Fe was a bit of a no-go, so Ti might be in your shadow stack (not 1st four). A lot of your back-and-forth on the feeling and thinking way of doing things sounded more Fi vs Te than Ti/Fe. If Nardi is to be believed, Ti and Fe actually have an easier time working together than any of the other function pairs (imo, especially when in aux and tert positions), so there would be less conflict there, less tension.

I mentioned b simply because most people have a distaste for Si when they read about in online - we have tons of prejudice against Si on forums (for various reasons, won't get into it here) so lots of people think they don't use Si when they totally do. [Just a personal example, ofc, but one of my best friends recently discovered that he used Si way more than he thought, because he originally thought Si meant always listening to what your parents and your society tell you to do (which he doesn't) but he now knows it has a lot to do with familiarity of environment and situations, comfort when things are what you expected, personal sensory information (all of which he cares a lot about).] Si is hard to explain, especially for me, an Si-last person.

I'd suggest looking into extraverted Fi/Te-using types and asking some Si-users about Si (just to make sure you actually don't use it; introverted functions look different for everyone, but getting data from others may help). That'll mean sticking to xxFP and xxTJ types. Remember - sometimes, types can sound totally wrong for you in descriptions and still be you in cognitive functions. [Case in point: that friend I mentioned? He thought he was INTP for years til we dug deeper and realized he'd been ESTJ all along. Weird things can happen.]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bothersome thing about discussing cognitive functions while typing someone is you never know if they don't understand the function a) because they don't have it or b) because they don't realize they have it.

If a, you may not use much Ti/Fe. You said you had to teach yourself how to use Ti, which ime usually means it's lower in the stack (inferior or shadow). I'm doubting inferior, because Fe was a bit of a no-go, so Ti might be in your shadow stack (not 1st four). A lot of your back-and-forth on the feeling and thinking way of doing things sounded more Fi vs Te than Ti/Fe. If Nardi is to be believed, Ti and Fe actually have an easier time working together than any of the other function pairs (imo, especially when in aux and tert positions), so there would be less conflict there, less tension.

I mentioned b simply because most people have a distaste for Si when they read about in online - we have tons of prejudice against Si on forums (for various reasons, won't get into it here) so lots of people think they don't use Si when they totally do. [Just a personal example, ofc, but one of my best friends recently discovered that he used Si way more than he thought, because he originally thought Si meant always listening to what your parents and your society tell you to do (which he doesn't) but he now knows it has a lot to do with familiarity of environment and situations, comfort when things are what you expected, personal sensory information (all of which he cares a lot about).] Si is hard to explain, especially for me, an Si-last person.

I'd suggest looking into extraverted Fi/Te-using types and asking some Si-users about Si (just to make sure you actually don't use it; introverted functions look different for everyone, but getting data from others may help). That'll mean sticking to xxFP and xxTJ types. Remember - sometimes, types can sound totally wrong for you in descriptions and still be you in cognitive functions. [Case in point: that friend I mentioned? He thought he was INTP for years til we dug deeper and realized he'd been ESTJ all along. Weird things can happen.]
Thanks so much for the help! I greatly appreciate it, especially with how in-depth you go.

So it's most likely down to: ENFP, ESFP, ESTJ, or ENTJ, according to what you've gathered?

And I'll make sure to do some special research on Si and see whether I use it or not. I have a gut feeling, though, that, all along, I've been naming functions I think I use, when in reality, I really don't lol.

And that's a totally strange case! So he went for years thinking he was Ti/Fe and in the end was a Te/Fi?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks so much for the help! I greatly appreciate it, especially with how in-depth you go.
:)

So it's most likely down to: ENFP, ESFP, ESTJ, or ENTJ, according to what you've gathered?
Sounds about right. It can be weird that I've narrowed it down to two categories of types (ExFP, ExTJ) which are so different, but I'm just rollin' with it.

And I'll make sure to do some special research on Si and see whether I use it or not. I have a gut feeling, though, that, all along, I've been naming functions I think I use, when in reality, I really don't lol.
That can be a hazard, let me tell ya. Like my story below...

And that's a totally strange case! So he went for years thinking he was Ti/Fe and in the end was a Te/Fi?
Yep! In either case, of course, the Feeling was inferior, so not super present, but the Thinking really threw us for a whirl. I won't get into how I started suspecting something was off, but it happened, and I started noticing how any time he talked "about Ti", it was really just Ne; how he talked about the Thinking attitudes like they were switched (thought Te was Ti); and a big one for me, he didn't act like any of the other Ti users I knew when we were debating. I have tertiary Ti, and I like to think it's well developed, so when I'm around a Ti-dom, we explode Ti-wise (esp if they're Ne-aux). Any term is open for discussion of our personal definitions and an analysis on which definition is best for our purposes, and it's lovely! But this friend and I, he never did that. Even in cases where it was obvious (to me) that people were operating under vastly different definitions of key terms, he didn't notice.

Eventually, we did this big reveal of "You should consider ESTJ", and bizarre as it seems, it worked.

I think this is a hazard of people associating type behaviors with the functions. We act like Te-users all have to be the one in charge, because ExTJ types are often described as leader/manager types, but Te in the abstract doesn't drive people to accumulate power, or something. But my friend legitimately thought he had to be more actively engaged to be a Te-user. Or, you know, we have this (cough cough, idiotic, cough) conception that Ti is the function of *critical thinkers* because that's how we describe xxTP types, but I refuse to believe the two are correlated in any manner - and why should I believe so? no one's given me any reason to!

But yep. INTP to ESTJ. He *acts* like an INTP caricature - nerdy/geeky, uncomfortable in social situations, weird (often useless, cough cough) brainstorm ideas, probably wants to be a scattered uni professor with Einstein hair, etc. But he's Te-Si-Ne. Fun stuff.

...Wish I still had my notes from my first read of the OP. May have to go through it again. How do you relate to Fi/Te? Do you think it could be you?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Overall, your personality gives a J vibe, not ENxP. Your friendliness might just be your extraversion, you don't strike as a F type to me. I'd guess ENTJ. You also display the ENTJ functions, Te, Ni, Se and Fi. I am certain that you are Ni and Fi, but Fi isn't your dominant or auxiliary function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.