Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In which regions, or geographic areas worldwide, young students tend to stick to what they do best after secondary education. To do what they are naturally good at?

Could you picture an ESFJ electric engineer in the US?

Why there is a huge divergence between natural talent and career path chosen in some continents to the point that it makes no sense at all?

What geographic areas administer the test religiously and take the results seriously into account to encourage or discourage students from studying degrees in a given subject?

If you work in education or have good knowledge about this phenomenon please post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
MBTI is a semi decent tool for a bit of self exploration, it can not tell you however what you are good in or what you should study or what interests you in general. You should know that without tests telling you. And yes I can picture an ESFJ engineer, why the hell not. How a person deals with other people and the outside world should be in a different realm than his interests and what he makes for a living, at least I imagine it that way.

Also I kinda dislike the ''I am good/bad at x'' mentality, you are interested in it and therefore you are good at it. You can't really be bad at something, you just lack interest in that area. And interest can be ''injected'' into a person so to speak.

·
Banned
68 Posts
The MBTI should be used as a measuring tool rather then a rule. The main thing that should motivate you is your interest in your particular field.

Confucius said it best “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

·
Banned
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MBTI should be used as a measuring tool rather then a rule. The main thing that should motivate you is your interest in your particular field.

Confucius said it best “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
yes but rational people tend to like what they are good at, unless they are masochists, a very ESFJ thing to be BTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts