Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never watched any horror movies, but I've read a few creepypastas (internet horror stories). They're pretty weird, but the only I've read that really creeped me out was Lavender Town Syndrome (until I actually heard the song; it's pretty catchy). I'm terrified of scary images though. It's hard to get images out of my head (so PLEASE don't post creepy images). I'm a bit of a wimp, to be honest.

When I was a child, I was easily scared at night. Anything -a weird sound, a strange shadow, the dark- scared me, but only at night, when everyone else was asleep.

What creeps YOU out? Also, what creeped you out as a child?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't watch horror movies either, they're usually really cheesy and the shock scares don't phase me at all. I find that psychological thrillers creep me out much more. I thoroughly enjoy them, but they usually leave me somewhat disturbed afterward, regardless of whether it has a happy ending.

When it comes to traditional horror, I much prefer novels to movies. Almost anything by Stephen King scares me, especially IT.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
that godforsaken clown from IT.... you must understand... I was a kid when that movie came out.... and then... there was Bozo the Clown for morning cartoon sessions....

Add the two together and you get one traumatized kid who didn't know any better between a movie vs. a kid show... It was the fact that they were both pale white clowns with red lips and sharp teeth.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I watch/read horror often, even though it scares me (I usually watch psychological horror, because slasher stuff/shocks don't get to me). Ringu terrified me - I watched it when I was eight and couldn't be alone in the room with a TV for about six weeks. The Orphanage made me have to roll up in my duvet every night to avoid a creepy ghost child climbing into my bed. I'm also terrified of having a lamp on at night since I had a weird dream in which I woke up and saw my mum's shadow on the wall, with no person there. But then, I'm also scared of the dark, so...

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
When something moves in your room, and it shouldn't.

When you're home alone, and someone coughs in the other room.

When you're trying to sleep, and something crawls on you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ qingdom: I'm a little afraid of clowns. I don't like them.
@ laurie17: Yeah, psychological horror is the scariest.
@ lunny: What is trypophobia? I'm afraid to google it because I'm scared that images will come up and, like I said before, I'm TERRIFIED of scary images.

I love reading the creepypastas, but it's so hard to find stories without pictures. I've been able to read a few creepypastas through other sites, but I've never been on the main site because I don't want to see the images.

I've heard of (but never looked at) an image called smile.jpg. It's supposed to be a really scary dog with a very creepy smile. *gulp* Google image search it at your own risk.

Thank you all for being nice and not posting images.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anything with creepy little kids in it. I still have nightmares about The Ring. The Exorcist also gets to me, and the Omen 666. They really really get to me. But maybe that's because of childhood traumas? Basically a movie has to be more on the mentally twisted side to scare me, blood and gore do nothing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"has to be more on the mentally twisted side to scare me, blood and gore do nothing"

I completely agree.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Night terrors, had them when i was a teenager. The normal dreams in REM sleep are fine, and those include the nightmares. But if you have dreams in sleep stage 4 (the deepest part of sleep) they are just whack. They are more sensations and feelings, for me they morphed into frightening thoughts around scale, like a butterfly getting hit by a massive comet in space. It the weirdest thing, not a feeling nor a thought it seemed.

You don't usually wake up out of sleep stage 4. If you do (if someone shakes you awake for example) you feel really disconnected and confused. If you wake up from sleep stage 4 from a night terror the sensations keep going. It's some trip. Only had it as a teenager though. Must have been a hormone thing. Then again, it could have been anything. Whack alley. They creeped me out, to put it lightly. Was good looking into sleep analysis as a result of it though

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate it when I have a really scary nightmare and when I wake up, it's 2 A.M. or some time like that. If I wake up in the morning, I'm fine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd say anything involving one person killing and butchering another or similar and also big mosquitos and bees. I'm not afraid of ghosts, actually I love the paranormal, it fascinates me.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Aliens. Since always.

l was traumatized by a Discovery Channel doc at the tender age of 10 lol.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I dislike spiders, or any arachnid for that matter. Clowns(cause holy shit clowns). I generally avoid horror movies, except for Vampire movies because I love Vampires. I was afraid of the dark as a child, but have gotten over it(I love the dark now).

I have paralyzing claustrophobia, but that doesn't really count as creepy does it?

The Wraith from Stargate Atlantis, because a hybrid species from Humans and spiders is just fucked up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spiders, aliens, ghosts, monsters, etc. don't really creep me out (except maybe clowns). I get creeped out by things that mess with your mind. I also get a little creeped out by stories that mess with familiar cartoon characters, like this one:

"
Tom and Jerry Lost Cartoon

The thirteen Tom and Jerry shorts made by the Czechoslovakian director Gene Deitchare infamous for their poor quality and rather disturbing nature, featuring badly done sound effects and animation and having a more realistic feel to the violence. Some have speculated that Deitch didn't like the concept behind Tom and Jerry and was pressured into making them, and wanted to make the people who watched his take on it feel bad for liking the concept. What many people don't know is that Deitch was originally signed on to make more than the thirteen episodes the public has access to. Desperate to get out of his contract, Deitch made one more Tom and Jerry short that few have ever seen.

The short was called "Tom's Basement." It opened with Tom in a typical Tom and Jerry house. His owner was the fat, angry guy from other Deitch shorts. Tom's owner seemed even angrier than in his other appearances; the first scene is him stomping on Tom's tail in a very realistic and painful looking way because Tom is sleeping by the basement door.

The owner yells at Tom to never go down there. Tom is clearly terrified and runs away to another room. Our view stays in the room by the basement door and we see Jerry come out of a mouse hole. He looks truly grotesque, far more off-model than in the other Deitch shorts. He gets an evil look on his face and follows Tom into the next room.

The next few minutes are fairly formulaic. Jerry repeatedly manages to trick Tom into chasing him to the basement door a few times, but each time the owner catches Tom he inflicts a painful looking injury on him, which stay with Tom even after the scene ends. After three beatings, Tom is bruised all over, bleeding in a few places, and limping on a broken leg.

After this, Tom starts to literally beg Jerry not to bother him any more; he's not really talking, but he's crying and mumbling, and you can tell what he's doing by his body language. Jerry just laughs at him and pushes him back to the basement door.

The owner catches Tom again and goes ballistic. The camera zooms in on his face - it changes color and distorts as he yells at Tom in a much louder voice than any other sound in the cartoon. I can't post most of what he said on here, but it's definitely vicious and furious. It seems like Jerry has finally decided to take pity on Tom, though. Jerry picks up a knife that was lying around and stabs the owner in the leg, quite graphically.

Tom opens the basement door and they carry the owner's body down the stairs. There are dozens of other bodies down there, decaying and showing signs of their violent deaths. Tom and Jerry shake hands and it seems like they've triumphed over the serial killer...but Jerry gets an evil look in his face again and Tom says, in that ghostly, deep voice...

"DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!"

Jerry stabs Tom, killing him, and throws his body into the pile. The last shot is Jerry putting up a 'For Sale' sign on the yard of the house, laughing, clearly planning to do it all again."

Creepy...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I read maybe one creepypasta that totally unsettled me, I think it was called Cure For Cancer. Also the best written, really pretty ace. That was probably because I absolutely hate medical things and illnesses. Also the song; Hamburger Lady, by Throbbing Gristle. Augh. For similar reasons.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,824 Posts
Something about feeling sponges or cloths squeezing and squelching all their liquid out, ugh.

The guys across the street -- they sit on the their front porch all damn day, one of which seats is a roller-office chair, lol. They stare at me (and other females of course) when I come and go from my home, and it's the worst at night when there are bunches of them there. There might as well be seen some hand going up and down.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Front view pictures of airplanes
Airplane_Front_3182928144_9d5027a2ac.jpg

I can't explain it, I think it has something to do with not being able to picture the depth of that nose inside my head, but it really makes me feel uneasy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts