Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been studying and trying to assess my type more focused on the cognitive side instead of through the test which indicated me to be a Ti dom. No longer agreeing with the actual premise and not acting much like one, I am not sure. However, since I'm young, I've recently noticed a change in myself but am not sure which is the dominant function out of the the ones I can identify. Which of theses sounds like the more dominant function? ( I also included the cognitive functions I feel less strongly about to conserve pairs)

Fi:

Introverted feeling has probably been the one I noticed more readily. When given the choice between Fi and Fe preferences, I prefer to assess things on their own right to see if they make sense.. For instance a question of morals will often have me proudly assess the situation for the discussion at the moment and try to adequently judge what the problem is here. I can easily express in words what I love about some things or my opinions, but somethings that I like such as music, art or an idea is a little harder to express in writing as I feel that it is hard to capture them on paper. Anythings I write down on how I feel about something is subject to change sometimes depending on new info or doesn't feel right because it was written down and I don't just have the same passion I once had for it.

Te:

This is somewhere that while I don't necessarily struggle, I have trouble with. I prefer organization, if considered Te related but I'm just as happy with a mess sometimes due to something I'm doing right at that moment which is often. I don't have a problem containing structure, but I have more or less the problem of maintaining that order once it is setup. I often have things change as according to the moment like stacking of papers which naturally changes because I don't need that stack of info anymore so they may be put away in favor for another set of objects. However, while these things are of a concern in moving my environment, I am able to understand Te logic fairly well. I'm more apt to use Te instead of Ti in general because Te pertains to fact and while sometimes I struggle with this, I am able to understand overall concepts and finding ways to make them effective.

Se:

Extroverted Sensing, like all extroverted perceiving functions, is confusing to me because it seems like everyone has to do. Everyone says being in the moment is something Se people do but I don't understand how you would do anything else. Of course there are exceptions that I have been noticing such as noticing a certain smell a place had or the atmosphere of the room when I remember smaller frames of time. (as I suck at remembering probably on the account of poor sleep)These things could be smells, sights, tastes, and how things felt. They also say music is good for Se.I have never been to sports as for discrepancy for Se and this is something that they supposedly do but I'm not really sure. I have always hated sports but immanently when not forced to do something, go do whatever seems interesting like video games or something else that I really want to do. (This blog for instance)

Ni:

I understand Ni but am not sure if I use it. I usually try to think of everything and am more than happy to take a huge guess and develop my arguments based on things I heard. I'm not sure if that is Se or Ni attributed but it is generally how I publicly speak on things I don't necessarily remember, such as making theories about the philosophies or unseen principles from trends in the world. I don't think I'm particularity good at it or have it high on my stack because it is virtually impossible for me to make future plans and things and follow them. Like said above, I can't make long term plans even if I make one. I will probably be feeling something different for no real reason.

Please help me try and order things. If you need to know how I use the other 2 axis I can post about that too as I'd thought I'd keep them connected since you will at least one judging axis and a perceiving one.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I think these will help. If you want to post your answers, I will help type you :)

Fe vs Fi test

1.Are you more about people and social connections” (Fe)? Or personal values, authenticity and identity” (Fi)?
2.Do you believe that individual development is important, but social masks are necessary? Masks are ultimately tools. One can convey their true self through moving along with the current than against it (Fe)? Or everyone is entitled to be themselves, free of the nuisance of social convention. Conforming may be better for short term effects, but the ultimate goal is to see individual development (Fi)?
3.Do you work best with the emotions of others (Fe)? Or work best with your own emotions (Fi)?
4. Do you notice how you make others feel (Fe)? Or do you notice how others make you feel (Fi)?
5.Do you show your empathy through saying confirming language such as “Oh no,” and “Aw,” (Fe)? Or exposing your own experiences and struggles as a means of letting the other person know they’re not alone? (Fi)
6.Do you believe in global morals, or/and conform to group morals (Fe)? Or do you believe that everyone is one-of-a-kind and has their own set of values, just as you do yourself (Fi)?
7.Do you have empathy more on a global level, such as empathy for the human race (Fe)? Or empathy for a group of people you feel your values and experiences are related to (Fi)?
8.Would you say “I will do what I think is right, because doing otherwise would do harm to others around me (Fe)? Or I will do what I think is right, because doing otherwise would be inauthentic to who I am as a moral person (Fi)? Examples: You are against adultery because “I would hurt the people I love” (Fe) or “It goes against my ethics” (Fi)? You are against illegal downloading because; “I will set a bad moral example” (Fe)? Or because “I am not a thief” (Fi)?
9.Do you prefer to create an atmosphere of harmony and where everyone is “getting along” (Fe)? Or creating an atmosphere that coincides with your inner values; regardless of whether everyone is ‘feeling alright’ or not (Fi)
10.In a spat, do you appeal to the whole group in an “everybody settle down” kind of way, apologize and compromise to keep everyone happy (Fe?)? Or stubbornly stick to your guns because someone violated an issue of importance to you, and probably latch onto one individual and either calm them or remove them from the situation in an attempt to neutralize the situation? (Fi)?
11.At a park, are you more
Extroverted Feeling (Fe)? You make sure everyone feels involved and has their needs met. Does everyone have a buddy? Nobody should be alone! Let’s go to the bathroom first, okay? How do we feel about hamburgers for lunch? Is that okay? Let’s meet over there, shall we? Does everyone know the plan, so no one is left behind? Let’s take a vote on which direction to go first! Fe will go on a ride it doesn’t like so a friend doesn’t have to do it alone.

Or Introverted Feeling (Fi)? You decide which direction to go based on what is important to you. I’m going on this ride. No, it’s okay, I can go by myself. I don’t need you to come along unless you want to. I’m serious. I’m not afraid to do it alone. I’m not feeling the burgers, either. You all go ahead. I’m going to dash over to that taco stand. Nope, not going on that ride. You can beg all you want, I won’t do it. I’m scared of heights. Not a chance, bud. Drop it.

Te vs Ti test

1.Are you more about applying logic/organization to your external world (Te) or inner world (Ti)?
2.Are you more about execution and effective organization (Te)? Or ideas and logical understanding (Ti)?
3.Are you more about organization for efficiency, by the book, like to make things happen, and systematic (Te)? Or about analyzing everything, taking things apart to know how they work, and checking for accuracy or inconsistencies? (Ti)
4.You have a gadget in front of you. Do you take the gadget and see what you can do with it? See what results you can achieve with it? Ask how can I make this happen? And what external impact can it cause? (Te) Or do you take apart the gadget to understand the parts or essence of it. Do you ask how does the gadget work? Is this accurate? Is this consistent? (Ti)?
5.Do you want to USE information (Te) Or UNDERSTAND it (Ti)?
6.Do you want to figure out how things can get done/results focused (Te)? Or understand how things are and fit together/ knowledge focused (Ti)?
7.Do you like to come up with a decision and stick with it (Te)? Or always open for new insights and ways to perfect an idea (Ti)?
8.Do you organize your bookshelf by tallest to shortest books (Te)? Or favorite to least favorite books (Ti)?
9.Do you focus on organizing things into a unified whole/look at how things relate to one another (Te)? Or focused on separating things into their unique parts and classifying things (Ti)? Example, who are you in this conversation? Hubby (Te) or Wife (Ti)
Hubby: I want to go to the blue hardware store.
Wife: I want to go to Lowes.
10.At a park, Are you more
(Te) busy organizing others and coming up with “battle plans.” Which direction do we go first? Give me the park map. Okay, where do we want to be by noon? When and where do we meet for lunch? Who is in charge of watching the kid? Which rides do what? When is the bus leaving? What do we have time for? How long are the lines? Okay, everyone who wants to go on these twelve rides, line up to the left! Everyone else to the right! We meet back here at 7pm! No stragglers! Does everyone have their phone on? Good!

Or (Ti)? busy analyzing how the rides work and what makes the most sense. If I go this way, the path winds around past what I want to see, and by the time we’re to meet up, I’ll have been all the way around the park. I won’t have to walk back, or rush from one side of the park to the other. Wait, why are they all walking in the opposite direction? Don’t they know this is the logical way to do it? If you go that way, you’ll engage in needless walking and won’t be able to get through the line in front of the House of Mirrors

Se vs Si test

1. Do you listen to the same music over and over again because "It's the best music out there?" (Se) or because "I just always have-habit? (Si)?
2.Do you notice all the details of the present moment? Do you notice all of the tiny details in a painting? (Se)? Or do you notice the present details but compare them to past experiences? (Si)
3.Do you tend to want immediate gratification and new hands on adventures/experiences (Se)? Or lean more towards saying “I get the same amount of joy each time I do my favorite hobby” (Si)?
4. Are you naturally spontaneous and live completely in the here and now (Se)? Or do you crave stability, reliability, preservation of simple joys in their life, and maintaining a connection to times that made you happy in the past (Si)?
5.How do you handle a new situation? Do your senses shift through data and identifies what is the most relevant and most critical in the current situation. Do you seize opportunities as they present themselves? Do you troubleshoot and seek a tactical advantage? (Se) Or do your senses relate the present situation to past experience? Do you ask “how did I handle something like this last time”? Do you evaluate similarities and differences? Do you apply proven techniques to the challenges of the current circumstances? (Si)
6. Do you live for unexpected opportunities (Se)? Or like to know what you’re getting into before you sign up for something (Si)?
7. Do you tend to be criticized for not having a plan (Se)? Or being too stuck in your ways with a plan set in stone (plan isn’t necessarily set in stone for lower Si users- they just want some sense of structure) (Si)?
8.Do you look for external sensory experiences such as roller coasters, scary movies, race car driving? (Se) Or internal sensory experiences such knowing how your body feels during Yoga or immediately knowing when you are full (Si)?
9.Do dress with a flair of boldness; have a keen eye for aesthetics, and have an enjoyment for the finer things in life (Se)? Or is your style more traditional and conservative? (Mainly dominant Si users)
10.After a long day at work do you put on a new movie (Se) or a movie you’ve already seen (simply for the familiarity and nostalgia) (Si)?
11.While in a forest do you notice the rich detail in the whole forest - the trees, their color and texture, their sounds, their smells, the pattern of light and dark... (Se)? Or note that this forest has always been here and recalls being in a forest from childhood, smelling that smell and the fun of playing hide and seek behind the trees... (Si)?
12.You are at a park. Are you more
(Se)? You are busy noticing all the details of the park and the people in it. Sights. Sounds. Colors. Oh, cool. That ride flips upside down! I’m going to try that. Do you smell those hotdogs? Aren’t they great? I think we ought to go bungee jumping… it’s only $50 for a group of $12! Which way is the Tower of Terror? I’m going to ride down it and watch all you sissies wet your pants when it drops 50 feet in 12 seconds!

Or (Si)? relates everything around them to past experience. Last time I was here, I threw up on that ride; I’m not going on it again. Oh, hey, that’s the bench I sat on when so-and-so kissed me! Oh, good, the line is shorter this year. Why does this slushy taste different? I think they put less cherry cola in it than before! I feel ripped off. OR… I’ve never been to a theme park before, but that Ferris wheel reminds me of that scene in The Notebook, when Noah won’t take no for an answer, until Allie agrees to go on a date with him…

Ne vs Ni test

1.While in a forest do you think of the fractal patterns, the wide range of possibilities in the forest, how this forest is part of the ecosystem and is affected by pollution from the city... (Ne) or Recognize that the forest is deeply symbolic of all of life in its interconnectedness and constant recycling and growth and foresees that this forest will soon be torn down for a housing development... (Ni)?
2.Do you have an explosion of ideas, symbols, and possibilities (Ne)? Or do you find one idea and build on it over time (Ni)
3.Are you more about possibilities and randomness (Ne)? Or insights and purpose (Ni)?
4.Is your speech scatterbrained/about multiple topics (Ne) Or more streamlined/ talk about one thing at a time (Ni)?
5.Do you want to go out and try all of your ideas (Ne)? Or be selective with your ideas (Ni)?
6.Is your thought process non-linear (Ne) or linear (Ni)?
7.Do you brainstorm out loud (Ne) or keep ideas to yourself (Ni)
8.Do you focus on “what if's” or “what could be”? (Ne) Or having an “aha moment” (Ni)?
9.Do you find broad shallow symbols and patterns (Ne) or deep symbols, and patterns (Ni)?
10.You are at a park. Are you more
(Ne) sees the possibilities of the park. Look at those two people. You can tell they’re not “together” anymore, but just hanging out for the kid’s sake. See their body language? How many rides are in this park? Do you think anyone ever died here? I think they should put a new ride in this space. Call it the Haunted House of Horrors, and have Dead Presidents in it. You know, they could put up an entire haunted SECTION of the park. That would be awesome. Who do I call to pitch that idea? Stay away from the guy in the red hat. He gives me vibes. Ooh, you know, I could write a story about a murder in a theme park! He could die because the Tilt a Whirl malfunctioned. No, no, because the Tower of Terror ride didn’t stop, it crashed the elevator to the bottom floor! His sister did it. No, his uncle! No, the theme park guy, because he’s freakin’ insane.

Or (Ni)? You know what will happen before it happens. I’m going to take a step back, because that kid is going to spill his slushy all over – yup, there it goes. I know which ride I want to go on. I’ve thought about it all week. I’m going to have an awesome time on that ride. I’m going there first. Wait, there are other rides? I didn’t even notice! I was busy fixating on getting to the head of the line! Marsha better not go on that thing, she’ll hurl—yep, there she goes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think these will help. If you want to post your answers, I will help type you :)

Fe vs Fi test

1.Are you more about people and social connections” (Fe)? Or personal values, authenticity and identity” (Fi)?
2.Do you believe that individual development is important, but social masks are necessary? Masks are ultimately tools. One can convey their true self through moving along with the current than against it (Fe)? Or everyone is entitled to be themselves, free of the nuisance of social convention. Conforming may be better for short term effects, but the ultimate goal is to see individual development (Fi)?
3.Do you work best with the emotions of others (Fe)? Or work best with your own emotions (Fi)?
4. Do you notice how you make others feel (Fe)? Or do you notice how others make you feel (Fi)?
5.Do you show your empathy through saying confirming language such as “Oh no,” and “Aw,” (Fe)? Or exposing your own experiences and struggles as a means of letting the other person know they’re not alone? (Fi)
6.Do you believe in global morals, or/and conform to group morals (Fe)? Or do you believe that everyone is one-of-a-kind and has their own set of values, just as you do yourself (Fi)?
7.Do you have empathy more on a global level, such as empathy for the human race (Fe)? Or empathy for a group of people you feel your values and experiences are related to (Fi)?
8.Would you say “I will do what I think is right, because doing otherwise would do harm to others around me (Fe)? Or I will do what I think is right, because doing otherwise would be inauthentic to who I am as a moral person (Fi)? Examples: You are against adultery because “I would hurt the people I love” (Fe) or “It goes against my ethics” (Fi)? You are against illegal downloading because; “I will set a bad moral example” (Fe)? Or because “I am not a thief” (Fi)?
9.Do you prefer to create an atmosphere of harmony and where everyone is “getting along” (Fe)? Or creating an atmosphere that coincides with your inner values; regardless of whether everyone is ‘feeling alright’ or not (Fi)
10.In a spat, do you appeal to the whole group in an “everybody settle down” kind of way, apologize and compromise to keep everyone happy (Fe?)? Or stubbornly stick to your guns because someone violated an issue of importance to you, and probably latch onto one individual and either calm them or remove them from the situation in an attempt to neutralize the situation? (Fi)?
11.At a park, are you more
Extroverted Feeling (Fe)? You make sure everyone feels involved and has their needs met. Does everyone have a buddy? Nobody should be alone! Let’s go to the bathroom first, okay? How do we feel about hamburgers for lunch? Is that okay? Let’s meet over there, shall we? Does everyone know the plan, so no one is left behind? Let’s take a vote on which direction to go first! Fe will go on a ride it doesn’t like so a friend doesn’t have to do it alone.

Or Introverted Feeling (Fi)? You decide which direction to go based on what is important to you. I’m going on this ride. No, it’s okay, I can go by myself. I don’t need you to come along unless you want to. I’m serious. I’m not afraid to do it alone. I’m not feeling the burgers, either. You all go ahead. I’m going to dash over to that taco stand. Nope, not going on that ride. You can beg all you want, I won’t do it. I’m scared of heights. Not a chance, bud. Drop it.

Te vs Ti test

1.Are you more about applying logic/organization to your external world (Te) or inner world (Ti)?
2.Are you more about execution and effective organization (Te)? Or ideas and logical understanding (Ti)?
3.Are you more about organization for efficiency, by the book, like to make things happen, and systematic (Te)? Or about analyzing everything, taking things apart to know how they work, and checking for accuracy or inconsistencies? (Ti)
4.You have a gadget in front of you. Do you take the gadget and see what you can do with it? See what results you can achieve with it? Ask how can I make this happen? And what external impact can it cause? (Te) Or do you take apart the gadget to understand the parts or essence of it. Do you ask how does the gadget work? Is this accurate? Is this consistent? (Ti)?
5.Do you want to USE information (Te) Or UNDERSTAND it (Ti)?
6.Do you want to figure out how things can get done/results focused (Te)? Or understand how things are and fit together/ knowledge focused (Ti)?
7.Do you like to come up with a decision and stick with it (Te)? Or always open for new insights and ways to perfect an idea (Ti)?
8.Do you organize your bookshelf by tallest to shortest books (Te)? Or favorite to least favorite books (Ti)?
9.Do you focus on organizing things into a unified whole/look at how things relate to one another (Te)? Or focused on separating things into their unique parts and classifying things (Ti)? Example, who are you in this conversation? Hubby (Te) or Wife (Ti)
Hubby: I want to go to the blue hardware store.
Wife: I want to go to Lowes.
10.At a park, Are you more
(Te) busy organizing others and coming up with “battle plans.” Which direction do we go first? Give me the park map. Okay, where do we want to be by noon? When and where do we meet for lunch? Who is in charge of watching the kid? Which rides do what? When is the bus leaving? What do we have time for? How long are the lines? Okay, everyone who wants to go on these twelve rides, line up to the left! Everyone else to the right! We meet back here at 7pm! No stragglers! Does everyone have their phone on? Good!

Or (Ti)? busy analyzing how the rides work and what makes the most sense. If I go this way, the path winds around past what I want to see, and by the time we’re to meet up, I’ll have been all the way around the park. I won’t have to walk back, or rush from one side of the park to the other. Wait, why are they all walking in the opposite direction? Don’t they know this is the logical way to do it? If you go that way, you’ll engage in needless walking and won’t be able to get through the line in front of the House of Mirrors

Se vs Si test

1. Do you listen to the same music over and over again because "It's the best music out there?" (Se) or because "I just always have-habit? (Si)?
2.Do you notice all the details of the present moment? Do you notice all of the tiny details in a painting? (Se)? Or do you notice the present details but compare them to past experiences? (Si)
3.Do you tend to want immediate gratification and new hands on adventures/experiences (Se)? Or lean more towards saying “I get the same amount of joy each time I do my favorite hobby” (Si)?
4. Are you naturally spontaneous and live completely in the here and now (Se)? Or do you crave stability, reliability, preservation of simple joys in their life, and maintaining a connection to times that made you happy in the past (Si)?
5.How do you handle a new situation? Do your senses shift through data and identifies what is the most relevant and most critical in the current situation. Do you seize opportunities as they present themselves? Do you troubleshoot and seek a tactical advantage? (Se) Or do your senses relate the present situation to past experience? Do you ask “how did I handle something like this last time”? Do you evaluate similarities and differences? Do you apply proven techniques to the challenges of the current circumstances? (Si)
6. Do you live for unexpected opportunities (Se)? Or like to know what you’re getting into before you sign up for something (Si)?
7. Do you tend to be criticized for not having a plan (Se)? Or being too stuck in your ways with a plan set in stone (plan isn’t necessarily set in stone for lower Si users- they just want some sense of structure) (Si)?
8.Do you look for external sensory experiences such as roller coasters, scary movies, race car driving? (Se) Or internal sensory experiences such knowing how your body feels during Yoga or immediately knowing when you are full (Si)?
9.Do dress with a flair of boldness; have a keen eye for aesthetics, and have an enjoyment for the finer things in life (Se)? Or is your style more traditional and conservative? (Mainly dominant Si users)
10.After a long day at work do you put on a new movie (Se) or a movie you’ve already seen (simply for the familiarity and nostalgia) (Si)?
11.While in a forest do you notice the rich detail in the whole forest - the trees, their color and texture, their sounds, their smells, the pattern of light and dark... (Se)? Or note that this forest has always been here and recalls being in a forest from childhood, smelling that smell and the fun of playing hide and seek behind the trees... (Si)?
12.You are at a park. Are you more
(Se)? You are busy noticing all the details of the park and the people in it. Sights. Sounds. Colors. Oh, cool. That ride flips upside down! I’m going to try that. Do you smell those hotdogs? Aren’t they great? I think we ought to go bungee jumping… it’s only $50 for a group of $12! Which way is the Tower of Terror? I’m going to ride down it and watch all you sissies wet your pants when it drops 50 feet in 12 seconds!

Or (Si)? relates everything around them to past experience. Last time I was here, I threw up on that ride; I’m not going on it again. Oh, hey, that’s the bench I sat on when so-and-so kissed me! Oh, good, the line is shorter this year. Why does this slushy taste different? I think they put less cherry cola in it than before! I feel ripped off. OR… I’ve never been to a theme park before, but that Ferris wheel reminds me of that scene in The Notebook, when Noah won’t take no for an answer, until Allie agrees to go on a date with him…

Ne vs Ni test

1.While in a forest do you think of the fractal patterns, the wide range of possibilities in the forest, how this forest is part of the ecosystem and is affected by pollution from the city... (Ne) or Recognize that the forest is deeply symbolic of all of life in its interconnectedness and constant recycling and growth and foresees that this forest will soon be torn down for a housing development... (Ni)?
2.Do you have an explosion of ideas, symbols, and possibilities (Ne)? Or do you find one idea and build on it over time (Ni)
3.Are you more about possibilities and randomness (Ne)? Or insights and purpose (Ni)?
4.Is your speech scatterbrained/about multiple topics (Ne) Or more streamlined/ talk about one thing at a time (Ni)?
5.Do you want to go out and try all of your ideas (Ne)? Or be selective with your ideas (Ni)?
6.Is your thought process non-linear (Ne) or linear (Ni)?
7.Do you brainstorm out loud (Ne) or keep ideas to yourself (Ni)
8.Do you focus on “what if's” or “what could be”? (Ne) Or having an “aha moment” (Ni)?
9.Do you find broad shallow symbols and patterns (Ne) or deep symbols, and patterns (Ni)?
10.You are at a park. Are you more
(Ne) sees the possibilities of the park. Look at those two people. You can tell they’re not “together” anymore, but just hanging out for the kid’s sake. See their body language? How many rides are in this park? Do you think anyone ever died here? I think they should put a new ride in this space. Call it the Haunted House of Horrors, and have Dead Presidents in it. You know, they could put up an entire haunted SECTION of the park. That would be awesome. Who do I call to pitch that idea? Stay away from the guy in the red hat. He gives me vibes. Ooh, you know, I could write a story about a murder in a theme park! He could die because the Tilt a Whirl malfunctioned. No, no, because the Tower of Terror ride didn’t stop, it crashed the elevator to the bottom floor! His sister did it. No, his uncle! No, the theme park guy, because he’s freakin’ insane.

Or (Ni)? You know what will happen before it happens. I’m going to take a step back, because that kid is going to spill his slushy all over – yup, there it goes. I know which ride I want to go on. I’ve thought about it all week. I’m going to have an awesome time on that ride. I’m going there first. Wait, there are other rides? I didn’t even notice! I was busy fixating on getting to the head of the line! Marsha better not go on that thing, she’ll hurl—yep, there she goes.
I suppose if your an Si this is your area or expertise :happy:

Fe v Fi

1. Fi I am more geared towards my identity so that I can understand what I'm doing with the world.
2. Fi I just feel that way
3. Not sure: It takes alot for me too focus on others emotions and act accordingly. Its often that I hurt my friends feelings and that is only as far as they let on. It's also hard to understand my own sometimes but I can get it done usually.
4. Fi Its easier for me to do that than Fe.
5. Fi
6. Fi
7. Fi
8. Fi: One of my values is to not really hurt anyone.
9. Fe: I don't want to cause an environment where anyone is going to be genuinely uncomfortable.
10. Fi
11 Fi

Te v. Ti

1.Te
2.Te
3.Te: I could only agree with the first two for Te, but non for Ti.
4 Unsure: I can't decide, I would really just want to know what its uses are.
5.Te
6.Te
7.Neither
8.Te: Most likely to be read to most unlikely to read.
9.Te
10.No preference

Se v. Si

1.Se
2.Neither: I miss small details and don't really compare everything to old experiences
3.Se: I agree with Se but I do agree with Si
4. Both
5.Se and some times Si: When I'm solving things like math or difficult things. Its mostly Se though.
6.Si
7.Se
8.Si
9.Se
10.Se and Si: There are alot of series that I rewatch and enjoy and find it hard to seek out other forms of entertainment.
11.Se: also with the forest being specific, Si.
12.Se

Ne v. Ni

1.Ni
2.Ni
3.Ni
4. Not sure: when talking about a subject and needed to explain my train of thought, I'll often take it section b section but I may do Ne and go off topic to explain another concept in my thoughts or I may go straight through, only mentioning other topics and sources at minimal only to show how they have effected my reasoning. I actually struggle with controlling this, because too many questions before I can finish and I am likely to divert to left field and need to re position myself.
5.Not sure: I'd like to see if my ideas are true if that is what the Ne option is getting at. I am also more favorable to just having selective ideas as I feel things rather strongly and it would take something being overlooked for me to want to change it. For example, last weak after having s debate where I felt extremely strong of a characters position, I reread the book in my spare time and found many missed passages where another aspect of the character was sown, changing my view of his actions and ethics.
6.Ni-Not sure what this means, my thoughts on a model of sorts would probable be linear in the fact that they draw into each other and diverge based on the possibility of missed information depending on how well I know the subjects listed.
7.Not sure; most likely Ne because while I usually do all of my reasoning out loud with no intention of sharing before my understanding is developed, I want to share the info and view i have on that topic as it pertains to situations. For example, I am more apt talk out loud during my walks concerning an idea and once I feel that idea is sure, I ma use it in conversation but otherwise I don't really like giving a position on anything i haven't had time to consider as its going to take me a minute and i often have conversations with someone or been in my classes and have had to give incomplete ideas on the subject leaving room for logical errors in thoughts and an obvious overlook for the many details that compile into this thought that makes reasoning.
8.Neither: With the Ne option, I often have a hard time thinking of what could be and even if the suggestion is made, I need to really tink it through and may talk myself out of it and won't try to realise the possibility. When i was younger and to this day, people often put me in careers related to high office management and public speaking. I find it hard to envision living that way and can't really see it or the things it involves. This problem usually stems from not being sure what these possibilities are, especially if it is up to me to think of these things with no definite structure as possibilities snowball out of control and the reasoning becomes overwhelming until I clear the board. While I'm also aware that an aha moment happens for Ni doms as while they are solving a problem, a similar essence of something unrelated allows them to suddenly make a great breakthrough in their thoughts and act as their missing piece of the puzzle. If you agree with that definition than I have very few of those.
9.Ni I guess, mostly because the terms shallow and deep are subjective. I only chose Ni in hopes you are referring to bigger symbols and things involved with them.
10.Ne:These options are something I'm capable of doing and may very well try to do, but not very well. This seems more like hyperactive thoughts more than anything where I can identify more with seeing something that looked off and trying to explain why it looks off. Much like the example about the man and the kids is something I may try to do but I'm more likely to do it as a joke because I'm not very good at reading the possibilities like that if that makes any sense. Also, I have no ability to read the future:unsure:, but I can sort of see if someones shoe is untied they might fall if I am paying that much attention to even notice such a detail.

I hope these answers prove helpful to you. If there are any clarifications you need, send them I guess.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Who are you in these conversations? Ni or Ne?

Ni is my INFJ friend saying, “So and so’s problem is THIS and she’s pissed.”

Ne is me saying, “I’m getting indistinct impressions and I think she’s mad at me, so I’m going to dig around more to see if I can get her to say what’s wrong.”

Do you want to find the "absolute truth" (Ni)? or think several possibilities have the potential to be the truth (Ne)?

"Ni and Ne may reach the same conclusion but Ne will be less certain in articulating that conclusion as an indisputable fact because since Ne is focused on external possibilities and doesn’t like to narrow things down like Ni does, Ne anticipates that with additional information their assumption may change."

"Ne is expansive, pulling not only from the immediate environment but a fast storehouse of similar knowledge (Si), so it is good at reading connections between other people, but it is not good at magically coming up with an answer after sleeping on something, which is something Ni is known for. (Ni- ”Oh, the answer just came to me… I know what to do…”) Ne looks outward, eager for information and inspiration, with a desire to discuss, and Ni looks inward, looking at something from every angle before deciding if it fits in its inner framework. "

"Ni is an INTJ I know articulating something as an absolute; and an (Ne) ENFP I know arguing with him that he doesn’t know that for sure."

Now, do you relate to Fe or Fi?

Fe- wants to end slavery because they absorb the slaves emotions of pain and suffering. It's not based on ethics. It's based on feeling others emotions.

Fi- wants to end slavery because slavery goes against their values. Slavery is simply "wrong." They use a moral code.

Fe- is against adultery because it will hurt my loved ones. They feel the pain their going to cause to others.

Fi- is against adultery because it goes against their moral code. Their heart says "This is wrong."

Both Fi and Fe are very empathetic, but approach empathy in two different ways. They both feel other's suffering but their tactics are different. Fi user's put themselves in those person's shoes. When empathizing a Fi user will relate by speaking of their own similar struggle. Fe users absorb the person's raw emotions. When empathizing the Fe user will say "Oh no," and "Aww."

Fe one big motivation= feeling/absorbing other's emotions
Fi one big motivation= following their own ethics

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who are you in these conversations? Ni or Ne?

Ni is my INFJ friend saying, “So and so’s problem is THIS and she’s pissed.”

Ne is me saying, “I’m getting indistinct impressions and I think she’s mad at me, so I’m going to dig around more to see if I can get her to say what’s wrong.”

Do you want to find the "absolute truth" (Ni)? or think several possibilities have the potential to be the truth (Ne)?

"Ni and Ne may reach the same conclusion but Ne will be less certain in articulating that conclusion as an indisputable fact because since Ne is focused on external possibilities and doesn’t like to narrow things down like Ni does, Ne anticipates that with additional information their assumption may change."

"Ne is expansive, pulling not only from the immediate environment but a fast storehouse of similar knowledge (Si), so it is good at reading connections between other people, but it is not good at magically coming up with an answer after sleeping on something, which is something Ni is known for. (Ni- ”Oh, the answer just came to me… I know what to do…”) Ne looks outward, eager for information and inspiration, with a desire to discuss, and Ni looks inward, looking at something from every angle before deciding if it fits in its inner framework. "

"Ni is an INTJ I know articulating something as an absolute; and an (Ne) ENFP I know arguing with him that he doesn’t know that for sure."

Now, do you relate to Fe or Fi?

Fe- wants to end slavery because they absorb the slaves emotions of pain and suffering. It's not based on ethics. It's based on feeling others emotions.

Fi- wants to end slavery because slavery goes against their values. Slavery is simply "wrong." They use a moral code.

Fe- is against adultery because it will hurt my loved ones. They feel the pain their going to cause to others.

Fi- is against adultery because it goes against their moral code. Their heart says "This is wrong."

Both Fi and Fe are very empathetic, but approach empathy in two different ways. They both feel other's suffering but their tactics are different. Fi user's put themselves in those person's shoes. When empathizing a Fi user will relate by speaking of their own similar struggle. Fe users absorb the person's raw emotions. When empathizing the Fe user will say "Oh no," and "Aww."

Fe one big motivation= feeling/absorbing other's emotions
Fi one big motivation= following their own ethics
Want to find the absolute truth behind something. (Ni) Once I have that knowledge I want to act upon it. Other suggestions just make me more confused and blurr my thoughts.

Fi, I like following my own ethics and will do things mostly as I see fit by what I value and ethics I have.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Ok. I'm pretty sure you are a Ni and Fi user now. That leaves:

INTJ: Ni, Te, Fi, Se
ISFP: Fi, Se, Ni, Te
and maybe just maybe ISTJ: Si, Te, Fi, Ne.

These are what the dominant functions look like in real life. Which one/s resonate the most for you? Which ones make you think no that's not me?

Dominant Ti (IXTP): I don’t need to use my emotions to fix this problem, thanks. I know how this machine works. Let me take it apart and put it back together for you. That doesn’t seem logical. The facts of the situation are unimportant; we can solve this, though it might seem impossible. There is a way around every problem. I can give you a two word answer to your question, and those two words will solve everything. The fewer words used, the better. Most explanations are too long-winded and technical, and could easily be simplified. Let me hear the idea or new data; I’m going to analyze and criticize it, and if it doesn’t work, I’m going to throw it out. Come on, you know my impartiality is sexy. Have you ever seen me overreact to anything? No!

Dominant Fi (IXFP): I know that this is good, and that is bad. I know that you’re not who you say you are. I don’t need to focus on that particular idea, because it is less important than this other idea or belief. I want to focus on what is important, and I can see the measure of importance of everything in my life: people, causes, thoughts, actions, and feelings. Does this belief conflict with mine? Do I think this action is wrong? If so, I won’t do it. I know what I believe and what is worth believing in. Please, let me have some time to mull over this life-altering decision. I don’t want to make the wrong choice. I feel strong and confident in who I am, and what I believe. I have total faith in you. I know what you need, and will stand up for you when you need me to. I am good at protecting others and showing patience in mediating between them.

Dominant Ni (INXJ: No, I haven’t learned this before. I just know how to do it, that’s all. Let me guess what that means… am I right? Yes! I knew it! You can’t ask me to stop thinking about the future; I think about it all the time! That person is going to do that, and this will happen as a result. I am not wrong. You wait and see. (Told you!) I don’t like this, it didn’t happen the way I anticipated it would! No, I don’t want to change my plan at the last minute! How can I fix this? Where did I go wrong? I have a creative way to explain this process to you! Interpreting symbolism comes easily to me. Visualizing my goals, and my future, makes me happy and energizes me! I can see where I want to be, and where I am, and come up with each step necessary to reach my dreams.

Dominant Si (ISXJ: I know how this works, how it was last week, and how I want it to be in the future. If knitting in that way helped the other person to create that scarf, I feel sure that I can do the same thing by learning the same stitch. I feel happiest when I hold tight to the things that are truly important and lasting in life, such as family, friends, and often, my faith. I find that interesting, but it doesn’t match my memories of what happened. Can you give me more details, so I can decide whether or not to accept it? I know if something or someone is different from how they used to be, and can tell you exactly what has altered. I highly value my past experiences, and find it hard to forget or move past things. I really love participating in local events, family traditions, and cultural things, because it makes me feel like I am part of a living past. I enjoy routine and like things to be predictable.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

These are what the dominant functions look like in real life. Which one/s resonate the most for you? Which ones make you think no that's not me?

Dominant Ti (IXTP): I don’t need to use my emotions to fix this problem, thanks. I know how this machine works. Let me take it apart and put it back together for you. That doesn’t seem logical. The facts of the situation are unimportant; we can solve this, though it might seem impossible. There is a way around every problem. I can give you a two word answer to your question, and those two words will solve everything. The fewer words used, the better. Most explanations are too long-winded and technical, and could easily be simplified. Let me hear the idea or new data; I’m going to analyze and criticize it, and if it doesn’t work, I’m going to throw it out. Come on, you know my impartiality is sexy. Have you ever seen me overreact to anything? No!

Dominant Fi (IXFP): I know that this is good, and that is bad. I know that you’re not who you say you are. I don’t need to focus on that particular idea, because it is less important than this other idea or belief. I want to focus on what is important, and I can see the measure of importance of everything in my life: people, causes, thoughts, actions, and feelings. Does this belief conflict with mine? Do I think this action is wrong? If so, I won’t do it. I know what I believe and what is worth believing in. Please, let me have some time to mull over this life-altering decision. I don’t want to make the wrong choice. I feel strong and confident in who I am, and what I believe. I have total faith in you. I know what you need, and will stand up for you when you need me to. I am good at protecting others and showing patience in mediating between them.

Dominant Ni (INXJ: No, I haven’t learned this before. I just know how to do it, that’s all. Let me guess what that means… am I right? Yes! I knew it! You can’t ask me to stop thinking about the future; I think about it all the time! That person is going to do that, and this will happen as a result. I am not wrong. You wait and see. (Told you!) I don’t like this, it didn’t happen the way I anticipated it would! No, I don’t want to change my plan at the last minute! How can I fix this? Where did I go wrong? I have a creative way to explain this process to you! Interpreting symbolism comes easily to me. Visualizing my goals, and my future, makes me happy and energizes me! I can see where I want to be, and where I am, and come up with each step necessary to reach my dreams.

Dominant Si (ISXJ: I know how this works, how it was last week, and how I want it to be in the future. If knitting in that way helped the other person to create that scarf, I feel sure that I can do the same thing by learning the same stitch. I feel happiest when I hold tight to the things that are truly important and lasting in life, such as family, friends, and often, my faith. I find that interesting, but it doesn’t match my memories of what happened. Can you give me more details, so I can decide whether or not to accept it? I know if something or someone is different from how they used to be, and can tell you exactly what has altered. I highly value my past experiences, and find it hard to forget or move past things. I really love participating in local events, family traditions, and cultural things, because it makes me feel like I am part of a living past. I enjoy routine and like things to be predictable.
Agree with: IXFP
Disagree with ISXJ, INXJ,

Not sure about the IXTP as I'm not sure if I could withdraw my emotions or I might not have any already so I don't think so. Also, I'm just not comfortable with mostly all of the IXTP statement above.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Also, does this mean I'm an introvert by Jungian standards.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
"Agree with: IXFP
Disagree with ISXJ, INXJ,

Not sure about the IXTP as I'm not sure if I could withdraw my emotions or I might not have any already so I don't think so. Also, I'm just not comfortable with mostly all of the IXTP statement above."

Ok. So It looks like that leaves E/ISFP, E/INFP, and slight possibility of E/INFJ

ENFJs generally have the following traits:
• Genuinely and warmly interested in people
• Value people's feelings
• Value structure and organization
• Value harmony, and good at creating it
• Exceptionally good people skills
• Dislike impersonal logic and analysis
• Strong organizational capabilities
• Loyal and honest
• Creative and imaginative
• Enjoy variety and new challenges
• Get personal satisfaction from helping others
• Extremely sensitive to criticism and discord
• Need approval from others to feel good about themselves

ESFPs generally have the following traits:
• Live in the present moment
• Are stimulated and excited by new experiences
• Practical and realistic
• Warmly interested in people
• Know how to have a good time, and how to make things fun for others
• Independent and resourceful
• Spontaneous - seldom plan ahead
• Hate structure and routine
• Dislike theory and long written explanations
• Feel special bond with children and animals
• Strongly developed aesthetic appreciation for things
• Great people skills

ENFPs generally have the following traits:
• Project-oriented
• Bright and capable
• Warmly, genuinely interested in people; great people skills
• Extremely intuitive and perceptive about people
• Able to relate to people on their own level
• Service-oriented; likely to put the needs of others above their own
• Future-oriented
• Dislike performing routine tasks
• Need approval and appreciation from others
• Cooperative and friendly
• Creative and energetic
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
• Natural leaders, but do not like to control people
• Resist being controlled by others
• Can work logically and rationally - use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards it
• Usually able to grasp difficult concepts and theories

INFJs generally have the following traits:
• Intuitively understand people and situations
• Idealistic
• Highly principled
• Complex and deep
• Natural leaders
• Sensitive and compassionate towards people
• Service-oriented
• Future-oriented
• Value deep, authentic relationships
• Reserved about expressing their true selves
• Dislike dealing with details unless they enhance or promote their vision
• Constantly seeking meaning and purpose in everything
• Creative and visionary
• Intense and tightly-wound
• Can work logically and rationally - use their intuition to understand the goal and work backwards towards it

INFPs generally have the following traits:
• Strong value systems
• Warmly interested in people
• Service-oriented, usually putting the needs of others above their own
• Loyal and devoted to people and causes
• Future-oriented
• Growth-oriented; always want to be growing in a positive direction
• Creative and inspirational
• Flexible and laid-back, unless a ruling principle is violated
• Sensitive and complex
• Dislike dealing with details and routine work
• Original and individualistic - "out of the mainstream"
• Excellent written communication skills
• Prefer to work alone, and may have problems working on teams
• Value deep and authentic relationships
• Want to be seen and appreciated for who they are

ISFPs generally have the following traits:
• Keen awareness of their environment
• Live in the present moment
• Enjoy a slower pace - they like to take time to savor the present moment
• Dislike dealing with theory or abstract thought, unless they see a practical application
• Faithful and loyal to people and ideas which are important to them
• Individualistic, having no desire to lead or follow
• Take things seriously, although they frequently appear not to
• Special bond with children and animals
• Quiet and reserved, except with people they know extremely well
• Trusting, sensitive, and kind
• Service-oriented; they're driven to help others
• Extremely well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty
• Likely to be original and unconventional
• Learn best with hands-on training
• Hate being confined to strict schedules and regimens
• Need space and freedom to do things their own way
• Dislike mundane, routine tasks, but will perform them if necessary

What types resonate with you and what types don't?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ISFP: I really love applicable theories especially when they tie into philosophy and because of this I am constantly quoted as original and unconventional by those I know. I am extremely different between those I don't know well vs. those I do and I feel sad when I don't see those people for that reason.Hate Schedules in general and given the opportunity, I defiantly want space to do my own thing. I also agree the the serious comment as that also pertains to me, especially when it comes to helping deserving people as i can sometimes be service oriented. The only problem with this is that my life lacks much experience as far as sensory detail as it can get repetitive due to locked circumstances I can't escape from.
ENFP:I often pick up small side projects in order to keep busy for fun but there often overly addictive and all time consuming causing the rejection of all others.I genuinely like helping people but I know that I mostly due it for pure acknowledgement sake and I must be in a very good mood to go out of the way. I have excellent verbal skills compared to paper skills.I can also understand difficult new theories. I have decent people skills at best.
ENFJ:I am not good at creating harmony, and my attempts to do so often comes too late. To a certain degree impersonal analysis must be implied as every situation is subjective even to those who experience it, so while I love the idea, I still use it. I do like new challenges though.

INFJ
INFP
ESFP

(From highest to lowest)

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well, it looks like your preferred functions are Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Which leaves either ISFP=Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Or INTJ= Ni, Te, Fi, Se. But you seem to relate better to the P types so I think you are an ISFP= Fi, Se, Ni, Te :) What do you think?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An ISFP huh, that sounds accurate. I was aware of the Fi-Ni thing but I din't think it was possible my weak Ni uses. I doubt I'm an INTJ for that reason so ISFP it is! You are very good at what you do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it looks like your preferred functions are Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Which leaves either ISFP=Fi, Se, Ni, Te. Or INTJ= Ni, Te, Fi, Se. But you seem to relate better to the P types so I think you are an ISFP= Fi, Se, Ni, Te :) What do you think?
Well I guess its difficult.I know type doesn't determine everything and given proper guidance by others I can be affected in different ways. I also somewhat relate to ISFP's like Emerson and Thoreau who describe a need for individualism. But I do have concerns.

1. I'm only 16. I guess it would make sense for Fi to be my dominant and I thought this to be true from the start. However, I don't know how to develop Extroverted Sensing. It's still weird for me and I'm not sure I know what to expect or how to train it up.
2. This would also explain how lost I sort of feel and I guess I'll have to talk to someone else about Te for ISFPs, because in this stage of my life I really need my inferior functions...
3. Does this mean that I'm subject to be apart of an Fi-Ni loop where Fi has my Ni try to convince myself of things based on how I feel? Someone has already said that this is what I was experiencing but they didn't seem trustworthy.
4. What Ennegram types are common for ISFPs and how might I find mine?
5. Lastly, do I have to be artsy? I'm not doing anything artsy at the moment and have 0 developed talents for any fine arts. I use to be a musician but that was very annoying due to inconvenient times and hard practices.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
1. I'm only 16. I guess it would make sense for Fi to be my dominant and I thought this to be true from the start. However, I don't know how to develop Extroverted Sensing. It's still weird for me and I'm not sure I know what to expect or how to train it up.

Extraverted sensing is all about living in the here and now. It's about living fully in the moment. It's about risk taking and thriving on new and exciting experiences/adrenaline rush. So for example, you could use this function by playing sports, or taking time each day to focus on the present moment.

2. This would also explain how lost I sort of feel and I guess I'll have to talk to someone else about Te for ISFPs, because in this stage of my life I really need my inferior functions...

Well, how I use my Te (which is my second function):
I can tell you the exact time I'll arrive somewhere, I love making goals and To- do lists, my room is spotless, I like deadlines, I can organize my time very well to do everything I want to do, when getting things done I put aside my emotions. I like to make things happen. I get a high from accomplishing goals. I wanted to go to college so I made it happen. I like things to run smoothly and efficiently. I hate making the same mistake twice. When someone says they're going to talk about three topics but I notice when they only talk about two topics. I like making decisions based on what's rational. When I as a kid I was the leader in our friends group. Telling the rules, making sure people play fair, making sure the game is running smoothly.

So you could practice using Te by taking on leadership roles, making to-do-lists, and organizing your external world, such as cleaning your bedroom everyday.

3. Does this mean that I'm subject to be apart of an Fi-Ni loop where Fi has my Ni try to convince myself of things based on how I feel? Someone has already said that this is what I was experiencing but they didn't seem trustworthy.

Yes, you are subject to the Fi-Ni loop. But remember MBTI is just a theory and not every ISFP is exactly the same.

Fi-Ni loop:For ISFPs, Se is there to make sure they engage with the external world in a way that allows their inner world to be expressed outwardly (since they tend to focus too much attention on their own experiences). ISFPs who do not want to involve themselves with the external world (because it infringes upon their inner boundaries) will instead utilize Ni to come up with strong intuitive/gut reasons for why the external world is not worthy of their involvement or imagine that any action would lead to negative consequences, and so they can continue to go with what feels most inwardly comfortable. This ultimately fails because, without being active in the external world, they will not be able to find any proper direction and will feel as though they cannot do anything meaningful or help others effectively, which is what they are actually seeking.

My life as a ISFP - Funky MBTI in Fiction

4. What Ennegram types are common for ISFPs and how might I find mine?

4, 6, and 9, seem to be the most common enneagram types for ISFP's.

Types characterized by introverts (4, 5, 6, 9) and extraverts (2, 7, 8 )
•Intuitives (3, 4, 5) and sensors (6)
•Thinkers (5, 8 ) and feelers (2, 4, 9)
•Perceivers (3, 6, 7, 9) and judgers (1, 8 )

You can find your enneagram type by reading the enneagram info I'll post next on this thread or/and taking enneagram tests.

This site gives you a list of numerous free online enneagram tests:

Personality Types: Free Enneagram Tests - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

Personally, my favorite is the "classical" test on: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

5. Lastly, do I have to be artsy? I'm not doing anything artsy at the moment and have 0 developed talents for any fine arts. I use to be a musician but that was very annoying due to inconvenient times and hard practices.

No, you do not have to be artsy.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Enneagram:
Each number has its own basic fear, basic desire, experienced a negative childhood message, under stress each type acts like another number, and when in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number.

Basic fear:
type 1- of being bad, imbalanced, defective, corrupt
type 2- Of being unloved
type 3- of being worthless
type 4- of having no identity or significance
type 5- of being helpless, incompetent, or incapable
type 6-of being without support or guidance
type 7- of being trapped in pain and deprivation
type 8- of being harmed, controlled, and violated
type 9- of loss, separation, and fragmentation

Basic desire:
type 1- to be good, to have integrity
type 2-to feel love
type 3-to feel valuable
type 4- to be themselves
type 5- to be capable and competent
type 6- to have guidance and support
type 7- to be satisfied and content
type 8- to protect themselves
type 9- peace of mind and wholeness

unconscious negative childhood message:
type 1- It's not okay to make mistakes
type 2- It's not okay to have your own needs
type 3-It's not okay to have your own feelings and identity
type 4- It's not okay to be too functional or too happy
type 5- It's not okay to be comfortable in the world
type 6- It's not okay to trust yourself
type 7- It's not okay to depend on anyone for anything
type 8- It's not okay to be vulnerable or trust anyone
type 9- It's not okay to assert yourself

Under stress each type acts like another number:
type 1 acts like: moody and irrational like 4
type 2 acts like: aggressive and dominating like 8
type 3 acts like: disengaged and apathetic like 9
type 4 acts like: overindulged and clinging like 2
type 5 acts like: hyperactive and scattered like 7
type 6 acts like: competitive and arrogant like 3
type 7 acts like: perfectionistic and critical like 1
type 8 acts like: secretive and fearful like 5
type 9 acts like: anxious and worried like 6

When in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number:
type 1 acts like: 7
type 2 acts like: 4
type 3 acts like: 6
type 4 acts like: 1
type 5 acts like: 8
type 6 acts like: 9
type 7 acts like: 5
type 8 acts like: 2
type 9 acts like: 3

Info came from enneagram workshop I took

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Enneagram:
Each number has its own basic fear, basic desire, experienced a negative childhood message, under stress each type acts like another number, and when in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number.

Basic fear:
type 1- of being bad, imbalanced, defective, corrupt
type 2- Of being unloved
type 3- of being worthless
type 4- of having no identity or significance
type 5- of being helpless, incompetent, or incapable
type 6-of being without support or guidance
type 7- of being trapped in pain and deprivation
type 8- of being harmed, controlled, and violated
type 9- of loss, separation, and fragmentation

Basic desire:
type 1- to be good, to have integrity
type 2-to feel love
type 3-to feel valuable
type 4- to be themselves
type 5- to be capable and competent
type 6- to have guidance and support
type 7- to be satisfied and content
type 8- to protect themselves
type 9- peace of mind and wholeness

unconscious negative childhood message:
type 1- It's not okay to make mistakes
type 2- It's not okay to have your own needs
type 3-It's not okay to have your own feelings and identity
type 4- It's not okay to be too functional or too happy
type 5- It's not okay to be comfortable in the world
type 6- It's not okay to trust yourself
type 7- It's not okay to depend on anyone for anything
type 8- It's not okay to be vulnerable or trust anyone
type 9- It's not okay to assert yourself

Under stress each type acts like another number:
type 1 acts like: moody and irrational like 4
type 2 acts like: aggressive and dominating like 8
type 3 acts like: disengaged and apathetic like 9
type 4 acts like: overindulged and clinging like 2
type 5 acts like: hyperactive and scattered like 7
type 6 acts like: competitive and arrogant like 3
type 7 acts like: perfectionistic and critical like 1
type 8 acts like: secretive and fearful like 5
type 9 acts like: anxious and worried like 6

When in a healthy growth state each type acts like another number:
type 1 acts like: 7
type 2 acts like: 4
type 3 acts like: 6
type 4 acts like: 1
type 5 acts like: 8
type 6 acts like: 9
type 7 acts like: 5
type 8 acts like: 2
type 9 acts like: 3

Info came from enneagram workshop I took
8W9 or 9w1 for me, thought the 8w9 might be a better fit.

That blog was my life and entire reason I thought I wasn't an ISFP. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh really? which blog? :) "My life as a ISFP"?

Here is also a link for ISFP characters and the way they use their functions is described:

#c: isfp - Funky MBTI in Fiction
Well thank you for all your help. You are amazing at what you do and I wish I could have your skills. See you around then!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts