Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to the surprised by unexplained and "unexpected hostile reactions" from others who did not share my idea of fun? After a while I thought of some people as too sensitive or serious and tried to avoid upsetting them too much.

By knowing that I am an ENTP I cant help to wonder if the missing piece of the puzzle is found. Or more correct, I have known for quite some time what it was, but now I have some fancy letters to use for my excuse.

Make any sense?

·
Banned
156 Posts
Don't worry, the internet forum is like that.
You always have people who throw stones and poison needles at you for saying what you think.
I think you should take things less seriously and let the shit pass.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yes, I have had this too. Still get it at home, but then I live with 3 feelers.

It is as much the perception of the offended person as something you said: every interaction takes two.....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have had this too. Still get it at home, but then I live with 3 feelers.

It is as much the perception of the offended person as something you said: every interaction takes two.....
When it takes me about 10 seconds to see through the mask of some people I find it funny to buy what they pretend to be. And when forced to play along it often result in hidden sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry, the internet forum is like that.
You always have people who throw stones and poison needles at you for saying what you think.
I think you should take things less seriously and let the shit pass.
Sure thing.

Wow. I am the nr 1 poster in my own thread. Not bad at all. I am going to be rich.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yes, this is an essential part of being an ENTP, it seems. I can remember sometimes it got so bad I just went back to bed.

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
I'm going outside to eat worms.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this is an essential part of being an ENTP, it seems. I can remember sometimes it got so bad I just went back to bed.

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
haha...yes, always good to know you are not alone?? Are situations like that part of why ENTP´s say they feel as outcasts?. Do people not understand that we just like to test them and play intellectual games?

·
Registered
545 Posts

Nobody likes me
Everybody hates me
ive been thinking about that song lately.....slightly related reasons

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
haha...yes, always good to know you are not alone?? Are situations like that part of why ENTP´s say they feel as outcasts?. Do people not understand that we just like to test them and play intellectual games?

I think it's the power of rationalization combined with a roving intuition and the involvement with the external world.

So we can't help but consider a possibility that might be inconsiderate of someone's feelings, convince ourselves that they should just buck up and be rational about it, and lay it out in front of them to talk about so we can validate ourselves and get energy from it.

--or--

"You're obviously not as attractive as some other people. What methods have you used to get dates in the past? Any tips for other people who aren't really the pick of the litter?

What? What did I say? I was serious! I know some other ugly people who are horny and I want to help them! Why are you being that way? Oh, forget it."

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's the power of rationalization combined with a roving intuition and the involvement with the external world.

So we can't help but consider a possibility that might be inconsiderate of someone's feelings, convince ourselves that they should just buck up and be rational about it, and lay it out in front of them to talk about so we can validate ourselves and get energy from it.

--or--

"You're obviously not as attractive as some other people. What methods have you used to get dates in the past? Any tips for other people who aren't really the pick of the litter?

What? What did I say? I was serious! I know some other ugly people who are horny and I want to help them! Why are you being that way? Oh, forget it."
:laughing:..scary..and true...But at least we say what we think and that should count for something..:wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Amusing to me. That has to be Ne. Ignoring the feeling side, I definitely have those kinds of thoughts, I just don't say the bad ones (which is as much or more for others as myself).

What's odd is that sometimes I think people are being too sensitive, and I'm the sensitive type myself. Try that one on.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I think the difference between us and most other types is that they think "Should I say this?" and then choose whether or not to say it. I just blurt it out anyways. I get a lot of abstract thoughts that are completely random, and I'm sure I've scared a couple people because of it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the difference between us and most other types is that they think "Should I say this?" and then choose whether or not to say it. I just blurt it out anyways. I get a lot of abstract thoughts that are completely random, and I'm sure I've scared a couple people because of it.
Yes. Its not like its a plan to say something upsetting for others. Looking back I can track a feeling of boredom and impatience with the perceptions I found in others, especially others strive to conform and follow traditional thinking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts