·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,199 Posts

Reactions: Reginer

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Government malfeasance: this facet reflects a belief that the government commits crimes on its own citizens. Your score was 3/5.Extraterrestrial cover-up: this facet reflects a belief that information about aliens is being concealed from the public. Your score was 1/5.
Malevolent global conspiracies: this facet reflects a belief that governments and industry are controlled behind the scenes. Your score was 1/5.Personal well-being: this facet reflects a belief that individuals are currently being harmed by concealed dangers. Your score was 1.67/5.
Control of information: this facet reflects a belief that science is manipulated. Your score was 2/5.

Your overall score for conspiracist beliefs was 1.73/5. The average score of college students is 2.22 (Brotherton, 2013).

They kept asking if these groups are acting in secret. Like they're organised. A lot of that shit's happening but it's not like we're talking secret societies. Just greedy people making selfish deals that hurt people. Most conspiracy theories are bullshit not because this actions haven't happened, but because it's not even nearly as coordinated as people seem to want to believe. The truth is, the people in charge are as inept and incompetent as the rest of us. They don't know wtf they're doing. Just like our parents didn't know what they were doing when they raised us. If we're lucky, they have our best interests in mind at least, but I doubt that's the case for most in charge. There's no malicious intent, just incompetence and greed.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,046 Posts

The wording of the test questions is horrendous. They could have just asked if I believed in secret societies. That would have been better.
Groups of scientists manipulate, fabricate, or suppress evidence in order to deceive the public.
Scientists are incentivized to publish scientific papers. Some of which are absolutely bogus or done with a poor interpretation of the data they are given. Sometimes they will fabricate data. Unfortunately, our society doesn't reward experiments that end in failure.

New and advanced technology which would harm current industry is being suppressed.
Agricultural and Biotech companies are pretty much monopolies in their sectors, and routinely control all the new patents. They release seeds that are fertile for only one generation instead of developing varietals that are sexually stable. Don't get me started on printers and ink.

The government uses people as patsies to hide its involvement in criminal activity.
aka corruption. The wording is horrific.

Certain significant events have been the result of the activity of a small group who secretly manipulate world events.
We've already exposed notable people hiding and influencing financial and drug propagation. The United States' war on opiates is an example. Also secret small group could really refer to anything including the CIA and various terrorist organizations. Again, the wording is horrific.

A lot of important information is deliberately concealed from the public out of self-interest.
I'm pretty sure I was supposed to interpret this as there are secret societies that do this kind of stuff. Because really, who is going to deny that lobbyists of certain companies/groups of companies don't host mass propaganda things to deceive the public.

·
Registered
971 Posts
3.07/5.

Reactions: Reginer

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
"The gov" … which gov? USA? Russia? China? Germany? EU? Lebanon? Iraq? Sweden? Peru?
There's many govs around and some do shady shit and there's plenty proof of it.

But I naturally think "my gov" (EU included).
1,93 overall.

Control of information: this facet reflects a belief that science is manipulated. Your score was 4.33/5.
Um, that's not what I perceived from the test. I do not believe science is being manipulated in general. It happens but it's quite rare it gets thru.

If going by what I know of Russia: 2,73
Government malfeasance: 4.67/5.
Control of information: 5/5.

If going by what I know of USA: 2,22
Control of information: 4.33/5.
Government malfeasance: 3/5

Again, I did not perceive what the authors words are. Science is overall not manipulated, information however IS.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree. For Science, it is rather a new theory disproving an older one rather than inherently controlling the information, which is usually only done if something goes wrong with the experiments or so due to either negligence or either purposefully. However government surely does control a lot of info. That is obvious even if you detach yourself and look into their core patterns throughout history.

The way I see it regarding science, there are always some holes left in their theory and those holes are observed by other theorists and fixed in their theory later. After all we are humans, there are always some aspects which we don't consider until later. So this can in turn appear like controlling of the flow of info, if you look at it one way.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,533 Posts
I think low intuition has more connection to this tendency to create conspiracy theories than high intuition. Think about it. Conspiracy theories aren't healthy; they are the shadow of something, the product of something. They have to be the product of tertiary or inferior intuition. They are distorted intuition.

Personally I think ISTP and ISFP are the biggest conspiracy theorists. This would be tertiary Ni and Ne PoLR in Socionics.
ISTJ, ESTJ and ISFJ aren't very behind them in this regard. Low order Ne can be a PITA and believe in all sorts of illogical stuff.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think low intuition has more connection to this tendency to create conspiracy theories than high intuition. Think about it. Conspiracy theories aren't healthy; they are the shadow of something, the product of something. They have to be the product of tertiary or inferior intuition. They are distorted intuition.

Personally I think ISTP and ISFP are the biggest conspiracy theorists. This would be tertiary Ni and Ne PoLR in Socionics.
ISTJ, ESTJ and ISFJ aren't very behind them in this regard. Low order Ne can be a PITA and believe in all sorts of illogical stuff.
One easy way to explain my theory. I used the correlation between Big 5 and MBTI. Openness Trait is correlated with S and N. Conspiracy theorist might need to have higher openness if he wants to bother with creating a conspiracy theory. Lower openness trait types wouldn't bother with such abstract stuff, unless they see the benefit of that.

I think that unhealthy N in case the conspiracy theory is false like some time travel stuff or so , is rather due to a poorly developed S. S types don't seem to me like they would go out of their way to create such stuff when compared to N. S types would rather look for concrete evidence for them to consider the said theory to be true. N types would likely play with such ideas for the sake of it. So I can see unhealthy S types being involved in believing that theory when in loop or grip.

Anyways that's another way to look at it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm an ISFP with pretty high intuition for a sensor, and I scored 3.07. So what does that mean?

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,415 Posts

Yes! So glad to finally see someone agree with me on this.

Every time I state that ISTPs are the biggest conspiracy theorists aficionados, people scoff at me and say it makes no sense because intuition by it's very nature should be linked to conspiracy theories, I mean, it's right there in the name ''theories''.

But as you accurately stated, actual intuitive types are much more realistic and thorough about the theoretical world. Having intuition in the child slot (i.e. Tertiary) means you're much more flimsy about the intuitive world.

Going back to ISTPs, look at their function stack: They have dominant Ti and child-like Ni, plus sharply aware of what's going around them via strong Se, top it off with Inferior Fe that has a tendency to be cynical towards human nature and society as whole and you can see how you have the perfect storm for stuff like ''The government is out to get us, there are underground pedophile rings everywhere, we're being spied on for profit, they are trying to slowly kill us with this and so on and so on''. I have seriously never, ever ever met an ISTP who doesn't think 9/11 was inside job. It never fails.

For ESxJs, since they have Ne in their tertiary child slot, I would say they are more inclined towards the holistic, supernatural, astrology etc.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,533 Posts

Every time I state that ISTPs are the biggest conspiracy theorists aficionados, people scoff at me and say it makes no sense because intuition by it's very nature should be linked to conspiracy theories, I mean, it's right there in the name ''theories''.

But as you accurately stated, actual intuitive types are much more realistic and thorough about the theoretical world. Having intuition in the child slot (i.e. Tertiary) means you're much more flimsy about the intuitive world.

Going back to ISTPs, look at their function stack: They have dominant Ti and child-like Ni, plus sharply aware of what's going around them via strong Se, top it off with Inferior Fe that has a tendency to be cynical towards human nature and society as whole and you can see how you have the perfect storm for stuff like ''The government is out to get us, there are underground pedophile rings everywhere, we're being spied on for profit, they are trying to slowly kill us with this and so on and so on''. I have seriously never, ever ever met an ISTP who doesn't think 9/11 was inside job. It never fails.

For ESxJs, since they have Ne in their tertiary child slot, I would say they are more inclined towards the holistic, supernatural, astrology etc.
We're completely on the same page when it comes to ISTPs. I don't know if you are familiarized with the Enneagram, but I think ISTP 6 is a fairly common combination. I said a while ago that I think people like Alex Jones are Type 6 ISTPs. They can be this paranoid alarmist militar type seeking danger and conspiracies everywhere.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Interesting. Usually ESTP and ISTP are closely related, but I don't see conspiracy theories on the ESTP board. We're a cynical bunch and have similar stack to ISTP and some shitty Ni. But looking at the COVID-19 conspiracies, we don't currently have anyone who buys them. We might not take the threat as seriously as other types because we don't get our panties in a wad over risk. But we understand it's real and social distancing and masks and blah blah blah. Okay, we get it. We'll play along. Fine. But I haven't seen any conspiracy theorist ESTP's. Not to say it's impossible but conspiracy theories don't work to advantage and there's an incredible lack of solid proof and a lot of supposition.

Shouldn't ESTP and ISTP be more alike here? Se-Ti-Fe-Ni vs Ti-Se-Ni-Fe

·
Registered
ISTP
431 Posts
Sounds like ideally for ISTPs, Ni would be used for smaller scale situations with can be wholely percieved via Se and then ultimately checked by Ti. I use Ni often and used to think it was dominant. Poor use of tertiary Ni in the ISTP is a mixed bag of having a useful intuition but ignoring it and doubling down on a hunch that isn't quite right. It should be a tool of focus.

"...we're being spied on for profit..."

This one ^^ isn't unreasonable. The market for user/customer data is real.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sounds like ideally for ISTPs, Ni would be used for smaller scale situations with can be wholely percieved via Se and then ultimately checked by Ti. I use Ni often and used to think it was dominant. Poor use of tertiary Ni in the ISTP is a mixed bag of having a useful intuition but ignoring it and doubling down on a hunch that isn't quite right. It should be a tool of focus.

"...we're being spied on for profit..."

This one ^^ isn't unreasonable. The market for user/customer data is real.
That's not a conspiracy though. That's documented and common knowledge and has been known as long as cookies have been around.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts