Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
ISTP
431 Posts
Government malfeasance: this facet reflects a belief that the government commits crimes on its own citizens. Your score was 3.67/5.Extraterrestrial cover-up: this facet reflects a belief that information about aliens is being concealed from the public. Your score was 1/5.
Malevolent global conspiracies: this facet reflects a belief that governments and industry are controlled behind the scenes. Your score was 3.67/5.Personal well-being: this facet reflects a belief that individuals are currently being harmed by concealed dangers. Your score was 2/5.
Control of information: this facet reflects a belief that science is manipulated. Your score was 4.33/5.

Your overall score for conspiracist beliefs was 2.93/5. The average score of college students is 2.22 (Brotherton, 2013).
The wording of this result is misleading. I don't believe that a small group of scientists are manipulating 'science'. In certain contexts, possibly, such as pharmaceutical companies. Have to agree with @pwowq here about the manipulation of information in general.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,415 Posts
Oh I didn't mean to trigger people with the theories I listed, some of them do have credible bases. My point is that with many ISTPs it's second nature for them. ALL of this shit is happening all the time for sure. It's a core part of their lives.

As for ESTPs, I noticed many of them find conspiracy theories fascinating and credible, but quickly move on from them. I assume because dominant Se is just more interested in what's happening now that you can actually see and experience.

One of my ESTP friends does, well.....stereotypical bad ESTP things like chronically cheating on his girlfriend, sells drugs, uses hard drugs himself occasionally etc. When I confront him about the moral implications of these, he says it's all good because he's a hardcore believer in God and thinks God created us flawed to fully experience life and indulge in its many pleasures, so long as you believe in him and go to church, he will welcome you with open arms when your time on this Earth is over.

Now, I don't want to knock on ESTPs or religious folks because I'm sure both camps could find this argument silly. But if that's not a very accurate representation of Inferior Ni, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Oh I didn't mean to trigger people with the theories I listed, some of them do have credible bases. My point is that with many ISTPs it's second nature for them. ALL of this shit is happening all the time for sure. It's a core part of their lives.

As for ESTPs, I noticed many of them find conspiracy theories fascinating and credible, but quickly move on from them. I assume because dominant Se is just more interested in what's happening now that you can actually see and experience.

One of my ESTP friends does, well.....stereotypical bad ESTP things like chronically cheating on his girlfriend, sells drugs, uses hard drugs himself occasionally etc. When I confront him about the moral implications of these, he says it's all good because he's a hardcore believer in God and thinks God created us flawed to fully experience life and indulge in its many pleasures, so long as you believe in him and go to church, he will welcome you with open arms when your time on this Earth is over.

Now, I don't want to knock on ESTPs or religious folks because I'm sure both camps could find this argument silly. But if that's not a very accurate representation of Inferior Ni, I don't know what is.
Not sure what your ESTP friend has to do with conspiracy theories. He sounds lame.

Find me a thread on the ESTP board where a number of ESTP's subscribe to a conspiracy theory. Finding them interesting doesn't mean anyone is finding them credible.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If that is true, I think those ISTPs must be in some sort of Ti Ni loop. ESTPs probably in Ni grip. We are talking about belief in conspiracy theory only btw. I don't really think anyone is offended, probably just want to discuss the topic here.

S types(mostly high Si users) being interested in stuff like astrology, religion can be easily explained by them growing up with that stuff. So they grow fond of it. For Se doms it can simply be that they don't care about exploring the depth of it when they can be doing some more interesting or useful stuff, rather than analysing it. So for those kinds of theory, I can see S types having more belief or at least seem to have more belief in them compared to Ns, if it makes sense.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
I scored 3.5 Of 5
The reason it was not 5 was because of the bits about ET 🤣.

But yeah fuck the government of course I don’t trust them

·
Registered
971 Posts
Some conspiracy theories seem so stupid to me: eg. Flat Earth, Paul McCartney is dead, Michelle Obama is a dude, etc. I mean come on!!

·
Forum Conspiracy Theorist
11,238 Posts
I took the test but put in bogus information because I just wanted to see how the test was scored. One entry was sort of true, but not entirely -- the funny thing was, on all of them I put that what I entered wasn't true and shouldn't be used for research.

All silliness aside, when it comes to conspiracy theories: I think it has to be judged on a case-by-case basis. Some theories have to be dismissed because they're nonsense (i.e. flat-earthers, and 5G causes covid).

·
Registered
INTP tests say
7 Posts
I am INTP, so I will go META.

I know that the creation and popularization of the term (or rather stereotype) "conspiracy theory" / "conspiracy theories" was an actual conspiracy itself.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,671 Posts
I'm an ENTJ and overall I got: 1.8/5

Government malfeasance: 1.67/5
Malevolent global conspiracies: 2/5
Control of information: 2/5
Extraterrestrial cover-up: 2/5
Personal well-being: 1.33/5

@Reginer Since you asked the question, any thoughts? Ideas? Conclusions? How would you interpret my results? Is it good? Bad?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm an ENTJ and overall I got: 1.8/5

Government malfeasance: 1.67/5
Malevolent global conspiracies: 2/5
Control of information: 2/5
Extraterrestrial cover-up: 2/5
Personal well-being: 1.33/5

@Reginer Since you asked the question, any thoughts? Ideas? Conclusions? How would you interpret my results? Is it good? Bad?
It might depend on how you view it. But judging from this thread ,maybe I should rework my initial theory for scores.

·
Edgelord
INFP 5w4 - ILI - Chaotic Good
6,942 Posts
INFP and my results

Yes I believe in conspiracy theories, as long as they make sense. The government and elites do shady stuff including pedophilia and terrorism? There's a small group of very powerful people who have too much power and abuse it? That's basically an open secret and common sense at this point. But something like aliens, flat earth or whatever bullshit the anti-vaxxers spew is just nonsense.

Reactions: Reginer
21 - 31 of 31 Posts