Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im a female enfj who is currently dating an enfp. Please tell me what you look for in a partner, or what you like/dislike about past partners you have had.

·
Banned
575 Posts
What I've disliked about past partner(s):
  • Lack of honesty
  • Lack of creativity
  • Clinginess

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hips are damn sexy. Honesty, enthusiasm, a good wit and sarcastic spin are all pluses.

Reactions: Beccabec

·
Registered
50 Posts
What I've disliked about past partner(s):
  • Lack of honesty
  • Lack of creativity
  • Clinginess

Those three things are the main things I've disliked as well.
Esp the clinginess.. I can't stand that.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Those three things are the main things I've disliked as well.
Esp the clinginess.. I can't stand that.
Yeap. It causes me to act in ways I usually don't.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Dislike:
being smother-- clinginess. I don't mind a little smothering but too much where i feel like i can't breathe makes me go crazy
jealousy
assuming i feel a certain way
good listener
patience
honest

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Honest
Open
Spontaneous
Sense of humor

Dislikes:
Dependency/Clingy/Needy
Jealousy
Grudges
"Flat" personality

That's pretty much it. My dating history isn't extensive, but knowing what I like in a person can be applied to this. Just be yourself, really. If the real you doesn't fit with him, then he'll let you know; but he won't be mean about it! Just don't try to hide your actual feelings about the relationship!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also like having fun. That's my main thing just not being bored or not doing boring stuff. I'd much rather go paint balling or an arcade than go to the movies. yuuuck the movies.

I also like someone who had strong opinions on certain issues that they care about. I like to debate or have deep intellectual conversations and it helps when the other person has opinions and can talk to me back and listen to what I have to say.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I also like having fun. That's my main thing just not being bored or not doing boring stuff. I'd much rather go paint balling or an arcade than go to the movies. yuuuck the movies.

I also like someone who had strong opinions on certain issues that they care about. I like to debate or have deep intellectual conversations and it helps when the other person has opinions and can talk to me back and listen to what I have to say.
This. I love debating with my girlfriend, especially since she never gets offended at anything I say, unlike some others.

Reactions: spring and Beccabec

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Like:

Sense of humor
Maturity
Sensitivity
Occasional risk taking
Good Listener
Provides feedback to things I say
Understanding
Fun
Not overly extroverted (if it defeats mine, it can either be intimidating or just plain annoying)
Openness
Not too emotionally unstable (as an ENFP I like to help people and show them the light, but if they're stuck in the gutter for good, I'm just lost)

Dislike:

Clinginess
Emotional instability
Too critical
dull/flat personality
too conventional
socially conservative
judgmental
arrogant
mean
whiney
puts money above happiness or career above everything else in life

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Truevitality hit the nail on the head. Honesty, and clingy especially. Lack of creativeness is on my list, but a little farther down since I always want to be "one up" with my creativity.

I do love a sense of humour, as well as someone that finds ME funny.

p.s. for those that care I know I spelt "humor" with a "u". I've been trying to not spell words with Canadian English but I'm slipping up now and it's unnatural so I'm just going to spell words Canadian from now on. We all know what I'm trying to say :)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I love creativity and people who are not afraid to follow their hearts and be themselves...just those people who go their own path that may not have ever been traveled; I love people who I can just lay back and laugh at anything with not someone who's gonna call me immature or inappropriate

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't like perfectionists.

I should spend some time in my writing/spiritual/thinking place and come up with a good list of what I like in men.

·
11,928 Posts
I don't like perfectionists.
O totally with you on the perfectionist thing...it's kinda boring I hate to say...but it is in my eyes..I like someone who is free like me!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Backyard BBQ's, Melon Samples, Sword fights, Movies about Success, Indian Beads, Enchanted Furniture, Two hand touch Croquet, Pasta with friends (and uncles!), Invertebrate, Top Hat Adventures, and Cake Batter Iced Cream.

Oh and Shooting Stars during a Fall Ball!

·
11,928 Posts
I like long walks on the beach and romantic candlelit dinners with my partner!

·
Registered
27 Posts
All of the above :)
But I really like it when someone knows just how to cheer me up - knows the perfect moment to give me a hug.
The small things, no matter how small but if they're spontaneous and a bit silly like a stupid joke on a sticky note somewhere I'd find it, or a trail of sticky notes...!

·
Registered
48 Posts
O totally with you on the perfectionist thing...it's kinda boring I hate to say...but it is in my eyes..I like someone who is free like me!

Amen!!! A girl could be amazing but if she is just too rigid, I can't see myself going long term with them. Same with friendships. Have you tried going on a road trip with a bunch of hardcore planners? It's painful :(.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i like having fun with my partner and that he could understand me and my emotions

don't like manipulators and jealous types

the most important of all i need to feel free and spontaneous in relationship ans sometimes i need my space.. otherwise it's not going to work

1 - 20 of 28 Posts