Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
11,571 Posts
This question highly depends on age, lifestyle, etc and not just personality type. For example, I have much different tastes now that I'm married, own a home, have a career, etc than I did when I was single, in college, had a 2 digit bank account, etc even though my personality type was consistent.

I like presents that are useful, but wouldn't buy myself... sometimes related to a hobby (like a new bike helmet). I'm not a fan of presents, but there are a lot of things I need that I'm on the fence about buying... or would never spend a lot of money on. If someone gets me that, it says "I know what you need." ...
I think this way also.

I really appreciate a useful gift geared toward my interests. Recently my father-in-law (Mr. I-buy-every-new-electronic-device-that-comes-out) gave me his old (previously top-of-the-line) Kindle when he upgraded to the newest model. He knows that I read a lot and it was much appreciated. He also got the new iPad and gave me his old one. I love these types of gifts even if they aren't new. To me it says, "I get you ... I know you will like this". And I do.

I'm not a big fan of any sort of tchotchke, something that is merely decorative. Thank you for the thought, but that's probably going to have a new life at Goodwill and will be "adopted" by someone who like to dust that crap.

I like @wiarumas ' mention of "man supplies" ... lol. I like it when someone takes the time to find out what sort of scent I like in my "girly supplies" and gives something like that. But, if they just randomly give me something THEY think smells nice, it seems impersonal to me. Thanks, but no.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.