Personality Cafe banner

What do ESFJs like?

6914 Views 22 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Philippo
My mom and I got into a fight,
I apologized for what I did wrong. She still thinks it's all my fault, and it's not, but for the sake of being nice, I let her think that. I can't control her apology. I even listened to her repeat herself 10 times about what I did wrong. Blahblahblahblahblah. And I gave her a few hours.
But she's still mad. Or something. What do ESFJs like? Flowers? I have no idea D:
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Just let it go, she'll realize she over reacted and forget about it fairly soon. My best friend is an ESFJ and she does that shit all the time, not to me fortunately.
Reactions: punky16
Yep, you just gotta let it go and leave her alone for awhile. I'm afraid buying her anything will only stir it up more.
Yeah give her space. Also next time if you didn't do anything wrong, don't admit that as that will not work.

ESFJ's just need time to think and usually they will realize they did something wrong they will come back. No flowers, not even knocking at her door. She will come back once her brain clears up. :happy:
Don't stress yourself. She should figure out that she needs to calm down. Either way your her kid.
I agree. Don't admit to doing something wrong if it really wasn't your fault. Then it will be more difficult to stand your ground next time. If you know that you are not in the wrong, it's important to stand your ground so she doesn't think she's always right. Don't discredit yourself. I think she will respect you more if you stand up for your side and explain WHY. Clear communication goes a long way here. Also, I think ESFJs really identify with "feel" statements. Like, "when you said this, it made me feel..." or "that really hurt my feelings when you did this..."

I really like flowers, but in this situation I don't think it's a good idea.

Edit: Hahaha... I just realized how old the OP was, so I'm sure this isn't relevant anymore. XD
Yeah give her space. Also next time if you didn't do anything wrong, don't admit that as that will not work.

ESFJ's just need time to think and usually they will realize they did something wrong they will come back. No flowers, not even knocking at her door. She will come back once her brain clears up. :happy:
You seem to be a bad child.. :p :) But as an ESFJ, for me I like to be given by a Meal.. :) Cook a meal for her.
I apologized for what I did wrong. She still thinks it's all my fault, and it's not, but for the sake of being nice, I let her think that. I can't control her apology. I even listened to her repeat herself 10 times about what I did wrong. Blahblahblahblahblah. And I gave her a few hours.
But she's still mad. Or something. What do ESFJs like? Flowers? I have no idea D:
Give her space. Esfjs can get clouded in their Fe. If she's a reasonable person underneath she'll probably just self correct and be ready to start anew at some point. If youre not wrong I dont see a need to try and further appease things but thats just me.
Reactions: Zombie Devil Duckie
It was over 3 years ago.. i'm sure they moved on :)

lol

-ZDD
Reactions: PeachyKeener
This is great. I need to meet more ESFJs.
Yep, you just gotta let it go and leave her alone for awhile.
Is the user still on the board, even? :)
It was over 3 years ago.. i'm sure they moved on :)

lol

-ZDD
Doubtful, last post was in 2012.

-ZDD
Is the user still on the board, even? :)
You assume! Oh, wait, it does seem likely? I don't know... there was a time where I was on a board forever pretty much. Seriously.. oh, wait, more than two boards like that... and I've been active on Twitter since 2008 consistently!
Doubtful, last post was in 2012.

-ZDD
ESFJs are excessively caring & emotional people. just go and give her a tight hug & also try to prepare a small yet creative piece of art for her. it'll surely work
She will keep that piece of art forever. After she's gone you'll find everything you ever made for her, tucked away in a drawer with the other mementos of your life.

:kitteh:

-ZDD
also try to prepare a small yet creative piece of art for her.
Is this true? If so, I may have left someone a few items they may have kept. Oh, I love my work being kept! :blushed: It is an extension of myself and my love for them (completely innocent platonic type). :kitteh:

Also, my work is pretty good. I have to say. Apparently I may be talented! :proud:
She will keep that piece of art forever. After she's gone you'll find everything you ever made for her, tucked away in a drawer with the other mementos of your life.

:kitteh:

-ZDD
I can say that with almost absolute certainty. If you gave an ESFJ something, they still have it.

-ZDD
Is this true? If so, I may have left someone a few items they may have kept. Oh, I love my work being kept
I keep finding birthday cards tucked away in random places, and instead of throwing them out the pile just grows (if i actually get given them nowadays)
I can say that with almost absolute certainty. If you gave an ESFJ something, they still have it.

-ZDD
I have this "issue", too. I have a lot of old Christmas cards, letters and birthday cards from previous years... I can't seem to throw them out. And then there's handmade scarves from friends, etc.. can't get rid of those either.

No birthday cards for you, @stickr?
I keep finding birthday cards tucked away in random places, and instead of throwing them out the pile just grows (if i actually get given them nowadays)
Only from family now really, the occasional one from friends maybe
I have this "issue", too. I have a lot of old Christmas cards, letters and birthday cards from previous years... I can't seem to throw them out. And then there's handmade scarves from friends, etc.. can't get rid of those either.

No birthday cards for you, @stickr?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.