Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom and I got into a fight,
I apologized for what I did wrong. She still thinks it's all my fault, and it's not, but for the sake of being nice, I let her think that. I can't control her apology. I even listened to her repeat herself 10 times about what I did wrong. Blahblahblahblahblah. And I gave her a few hours.
But she's still mad. Or something. What do ESFJs like? Flowers? I have no idea D:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yep, you just gotta let it go and leave her alone for awhile. I'm afraid buying her anything will only stir it up more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't stress yourself. She should figure out that she needs to calm down. Either way your her kid.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yeah give her space. Also next time if you didn't do anything wrong, don't admit that as that will not work.

ESFJ's just need time to think and usually they will realize they did something wrong they will come back. No flowers, not even knocking at her door. She will come back once her brain clears up. :happy:
I agree. Don't admit to doing something wrong if it really wasn't your fault. Then it will be more difficult to stand your ground next time. If you know that you are not in the wrong, it's important to stand your ground so she doesn't think she's always right. Don't discredit yourself. I think she will respect you more if you stand up for your side and explain WHY. Clear communication goes a long way here. Also, I think ESFJs really identify with "feel" statements. Like, "when you said this, it made me feel..." or "that really hurt my feelings when you did this..."

I really like flowers, but in this situation I don't think it's a good idea.

Edit: Hahaha... I just realized how old the OP was, so I'm sure this isn't relevant anymore. XD

·
Registered
34 Posts
I apologized for what I did wrong. She still thinks it's all my fault, and it's not, but for the sake of being nice, I let her think that. I can't control her apology. I even listened to her repeat herself 10 times about what I did wrong. Blahblahblahblahblah. And I gave her a few hours.
But she's still mad. Or something. What do ESFJs like? Flowers? I have no idea D:

You seem to be a bad child.. :p :) But as an ESFJ, for me I like to be given by a Meal.. :) Cook a meal for her.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Give her space. Esfjs can get clouded in their Fe. If she's a reasonable person underneath she'll probably just self correct and be ready to start anew at some point. If youre not wrong I dont see a need to try and further appease things but thats just me.

·
Registered
885 Posts
ESFJs are excessively caring & emotional people. just go and give her a tight hug & also try to prepare a small yet creative piece of art for her. it'll surely work

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
also try to prepare a small yet creative piece of art for her.
She will keep that piece of art forever. After she's gone you'll find everything you ever made for her, tucked away in a drawer with the other mementos of your life.

:kitteh:

-ZDD

·
Registered
682 Posts
She will keep that piece of art forever. After she's gone you'll find everything you ever made for her, tucked away in a drawer with the other mementos of your life.

:kitteh:

-ZDD
Is this true? If so, I may have left someone a few items they may have kept. Oh, I love my work being kept! :blushed: It is an extension of myself and my love for them (completely innocent platonic type). :kitteh:

Also, my work is pretty good. I have to say. Apparently I may be talented! :proud:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I keep finding birthday cards tucked away in random places, and instead of throwing them out the pile just grows (if i actually get given them nowadays)
I have this "issue", too. I have a lot of old Christmas cards, letters and birthday cards from previous years... I can't seem to throw them out. And then there's handmade scarves from friends, etc.. can't get rid of those either.

No birthday cards for you, @stickr?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have this "issue", too. I have a lot of old Christmas cards, letters and birthday cards from previous years... I can't seem to throw them out. And then there's handmade scarves from friends, etc.. can't get rid of those either.

No birthday cards for you, @stickr?
Only from family now really, the occasional one from friends maybe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts