Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as the post said what do we have in common?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are not good at showing emotions to people.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Eh, we have the same functions in different order?

ESTJ = Te Si Ne Fi
INFP = Fi Ne Si Te

We both don't want to be each other. :tongue:
We have the same sense of humor. :happy:

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
you both want to kill each other.

Reactions: amaurosis

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
From what I understand, they are shadow types of each other, no? If so, this would imply we might have a basic understanding of the other, perhaps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What I have learned is that they are both good, honest employees, loyal workers.
ESTJ just does as their told and follow orders well, understand the hierarchy.
INFPs have the good work ethic, honesty and loyalty from within-their conscience. It's just who they want to be.

(oh, and Entrepreneur is right....we both want to kill each other)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm an INFP who has been married to an ESTJ for 25 years (and lived to tell the tale....:shocked:). My teenage daughter has asked me on several occassions, "What were you thinking?!" The first answer I thought of was, "Well, I guess I was young and foolish, now I'm just foolish."
The majority of days when asked what we have in common, I would say absolutely nothing.
As mentionsed in a previous post, though, we do have a very similar sense of humor - rather dry, though we also like "corn".
Also, I'm the kind of person who needs some direction, and I think ESTJs are pretty good (masters?) of telling people what to do. Of course, they can be painfully blunt, which is hard for this INFP to stomach a lot of the time. I think the T/F clash is our biggest problem.
But we are both loyal and have similar values.
I don't know if this is a type issue, but one of the biggest problems I have is that I want to travel and see some of the world before I die, and I'd like to do it with my husband. And he has no interest. He's content with just being where he is. I cannot even begin to understand this. He grew up in a part of the country where there seems to be a lot of people who don't travel and don't want to - at least, I've run into a lot of people there with that mindset. I'm feeling like a caged animal.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I'm an INFP who has been married to an ESTJ for 25 years (and lived to tell the tale....:shocked:). My teenage daughter has asked me on several occassions, "What were you thinking?!" The first answer I thought of was, "Well, I guess I was young and foolish, now I'm just foolish."
The majority of days when asked what we have in common, I would say absolutely nothing.
As mentionsed in a previous post, though, we do have a very similar sense of humor - rather dry, though we also like "corn".
Also, I'm the kind of person who needs some direction, and I think ESTJs are pretty good (masters?) of telling people what to do. Of course, they can be painfully blunt, which is hard for this INFP to stomach a lot of the time. I think the T/F clash is our biggest problem.
I don't know if this is a type issue, but one of the biggest problems I have is that I want to travel and see some of the world before I die, and I'd like to do it with my husband. And he has no interest. He's content with just being where he is. I cannot even begin to understand this. He grew up in a part of the country where there seems to be a lot of people who don't travel and don't want to - at least, I've run into a lot of people there with that mindset. I'm feeling like a caged animal.
Perhaps the ESTJ just needs a purpose to travel and feels its a waste to see how others live, differences in culture, and doesn't value the experience of it but instead needs more of a purpose to do something carefree. I'm no ESTJ, so what do I know.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I only know 1 ESTJ which is my boss. I'd say we both have strong values and feel strongly about what we believe in. We both want what's best for people (ie the children in the school). We just have different ways of going about it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My ESTJ is very conventional, and in some ways I am, too. But I'm much more willing to try new things, and actually feel a need to try new things. He could follow the same routine and eat the same food for the rest of his life, which I find boring.
I'll have to think some more about what we have in common - I really can't think of very much....

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
My ESTJ is very conventional, and in some ways I am, too. But I'm much more willing to try new things, and actually feel a need to try new things. He could follow the same routine and eat the same food for the rest of his life, which I find boring.
I'll have to think some more about what we have in common - I really can't think of very much....
I begin to think that your husband is not ESTJ. I don't think he's an extrovert at all. What kind of an extrovert eat the same breakfast everyday? Extrovert is a dynamic individual and we get bored easily. ESTJs are systematic and do things in order, but we don't worship routine. We love to improve our life to be better. We seek for thrills and challenges and excitements.

I'm an ESTJ. I love traveling and meeting new people and try new things and hangout with new friends and see new places. I'm willing to see the world and experience many things. I hate stuck in same place for my whole life, it would feel like I made no improvement. I have two ESTJ friends and they have the same passions like that too.

Reactions: Seamaid and Memento
1 - 20 of 43 Posts