Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make you smile, help you relax, make you wonder... What does the infj temperament do for you?

Reactions: Lemxn and chanteuse

·
Registered
797 Posts
I second jeb's answer. Some make me feel less alienated from the world because of their depth of thought, that is if we can communicate it adequately to each other. Others scare me, to be honest, either by the over emphasis of Fe in work situations, or by dragging me into their Ni-Ti loops of endless overthinking.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
Do they make you smile, help you relax, make you wonder... What does the infj temperament do for you?
Thinking more about the question, I'll elaborate on my answer in a general way.

-I don't have any negative assumptions that follow when seeing someone is an INFJ on the forum.
-I never see an INFJ and think its going to be a struggle trying to communicate.
-I have stated before that sometimes their Fe can be just too much, but its kind of cute at the same time.
-I don't feel like I have to make as much of an effort to "be nice" around INFJs that I do with a lot of the other NFs.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The only social person who'd befriend and defend the town weirdo (INTJ) is most likely an INFJ.

We INFJs are more at ease socially (compare to an INTJ) therefore we are good ally an INTJ can have dealing with the world at large.

Interpersonally an INFJ doesn't exhaust an INTJ like ENFs would.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
As with others, probably depends on the person. For me, INFJs I've known are a little too angsty and also they get quite bothered if I don't initiate contact enough. They are introverts but will call me up for last minute plans and I am not into that. So my lack of initiation and also lack of wanting to go meet up right when I just got off work and wasn't mentally prepared can kind of have the INFJ feeling not so great about our friendship. With both INFJs I know, the friendship has just kind of faded.

However, when we do hang out the conversation is nice and it is interesting to see us analyze situations in different ways - we don't even necessarily disagree a whole lot but the emphasis is different..so that is neat to see and talk about too. I like that they can talk deep. Also, they have a little bit of an adventuresome spirit that I like when I'm in the mood.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
In my experience with them, they can feel themselves with us. They don't feel the pressure of not acting awkward or weird, they just are. If the connection is too strong they can find we are their "emotional" half, we can make them face with their emotions without freaking out about it because we know how to support them.

It's different from others NFs because we shared the same dominant function, our perception is identical, even if we process the things differently. I think we can truly see you, that's also scary for INTJs, we accept "their darkness" because we understand the nature of them perfectly, we know where they come from.

At least that how my friend and boyfriend feels from their own words.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
They keep me grounded...and "human", to be frank. This means that my INFJ buddies try to get me to leave my room a little more often to do something other than being cooped up in my room...:laughing:

·
Registered
73 Posts
it`s really nice to know that they understand our pattern of thinking, it rarely hard to come by for an INTJs, there are one of the genuine people/type that are incapable of doing harm to others. to an INTJ trust is very important and they seldom give it, I wouldn't worry being used as a tool or being obviously manipulated in hands of INFJs.

Don't get me wrong nothing is perfect, they do irritate me a lot for being too kind/soft and I don't think it`s a weakness but sometimes it gets in the way of getting things done more efficiently.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Don't get me wrong nothing is perfect, they do irritate me a lot for being too kind/soft and I don't think it`s a weakness but sometimes it gets in the way of getting things done more efficiently.
Dear, are you sure you are talking about INFJs? We value efficiency just as much as INTJs. Nothing bugs me more than wasting time, talking in circles.

Identify desired end result, find the best achievable route to get there, and get moving!

Reactions: petite libellule

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
Dear, are you sure you are talking about INFJs? We value efficiency just as much as INTJs. Nothing bugs me more than wasting time, talking in circles.

Identify desired end result, find the best achievable route to get there, and get moving!
I usually agree with most things you say, but I don't know about that. Thats our Te. It would be like saying INTJs value harmony and agreement as much as INFJs. Of course this is just generalities, though.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I usually agree with most things you say, but I don't know about that. Thats our Te. It would be like saying INTJs value harmony and agreement as much as INFJs. Of course this is just generalities, though.
Sorry I should have said "not this INFJ" ;-) I have a fairly strong desire to get things done to the best result/quality using the least amount of time. I've noticed this in me for a very long time.

It may be the judging tendency in INFJs even though we don't have Te as an above the line function.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
@chanteuse I had feeling that someone might misunderstand at that point, I didn't mean it that way, they do get things done. like what @jeb said is just Te vs Fe, both of them are right. personally I value both equally but my cognitive function is Te.
It's the J in INXJ. I certain don't have Te in how I organize Ni. However, INFJs are not known for starting something without finishing it.

At work I have a knack for spending the least amount of time to produce high quality work with no worthless filler because I have a system that is efficient and fool proof.

One supervisor said to me "but you have strong common sense to make your argument valid and water tight that many ppl who work here twice as long still can't achieve". She doesn't know my MBTI but she pointed out Ni-dom's ability to connect dots and know something from "nowhere".

INTJs come up with big picture and solutions that seem to come from nowhere because of Ni, too.

Reactions: styles373 and jeb

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's the J in INXJ. I certain don't have Te in how I organize Ni. However, INFJs are not known for starting something without finishing it.

At work I have a knack for spending the least amount of time to produce high quality work with no worthless filler because I have a system that is efficient and fool proof.

One supervisor said to me "but you have strong common sense to make your argument valid and water tight that many ppl who work here twice as long still can't achieve". She doesn't know my MBTI but she pointed out Ni-dom's ability to connect dots and know something from "nowhere".

INTJs come up with big picture and solutions that seem to come from nowhere because of Ni, too.
Yes, I have not argument about that and indeed is it efficient, but to who? for you or your company you`re working for? that is the question.

For me I would go with the most amount of work with the least amount of effort. I would concentrate on the second part because I tend to look out on my own most of the time and If I have zero interest in it to begin with. (I`m awful intj sometimes and I know but that's just me).

is depends on your working ethics really.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Yes, I have not argument about that and indeed is it efficient, but to who? for?

That's an easy question. I work for my own satisfaction of a job well done. If I can't do it well, I am not aspired to do it (time to change job). The time I saved is used on PerC though. :)

Reactions: styles373 and jeb
1 - 20 of 47 Posts