Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I usually test as an INFP. If there is a percentage then it is only 1-2 percent toward P or J. I used cognitive functions to determine my type. I have heard similar stories from INFJ's.

My real curiosity is what did you(current INFJ's) first test as? What do you test on now? How did you decide you were an INFJ? How confidenent are you in your decision?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've tested as all INXX types in dichotomy tests. Even as an ENFP before I figured out that my aux Fe isn't actual extraversion. I decided by studying the functions and reading well-written descriptions.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I tested infj most of the time; i just tested infp 2 times. But i took the test when i knew nothing about mbti, and the general descriptions are pretty incaccurate (especially in italian). I understood i was an infj after studying cognitive functions though.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I usually test as an INFP. If there is a percentage then it is only 1-2 percent toward P or J. I used cognitive functions to determine my type. I have heard similar stories from INFJ's.

My real curiosity is what did you(current INFJ's) first test as? What do you test on now? How did you decide you were an INFJ? How confidenent are you in your decision?
Practically always test as INFJ since the first up through the present. Did once get INTJ on the hacker.com 'Genius Test'; but, that's a test for genius style which sort of guesses at type. My style was 'Perspectives/Effectiveness'.

Anyway, I know very well that I'm INFJ. (Yes, we can 'read' persons and even pick up thoughts sometimes, which can be annoying.)

Some INFJs may fret too much over relationships, friends, etc.. That's enough to confuse anyone.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Always tested INFJ, 23% on J, for me it is clear.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Always tested INFJ, 23% on J, for me it is clear.
And I have an ISFP friend who tests ISFJ all the time despite not being even remotely close to being an ISFJ. Getting a J/P as an introvert is in no way a clear indication of type since the J/P is inverted in introverted types. Just saying.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Fine, so be it, however whenever I test myself I give the most honest answers, without lying to myself about what I would like to be. So far I tested INFJ every time. My first test returned INFJ. Ran that test 3 times. Then countless other tests gave the same, INFJ Turbulent variant. Plus, the fact that I could not lie to myself is another thing that confirms my INFJ-ness. I am always coming as INFJ and after so many tests I gave up on testing anymore, it really is settled, I have my confirmation in my daily life also.

·
Banned
3,644 Posts
I can test as whatever I want. The tests are too biased to take seriously. If you take it enough times, no matter how authentic you think you are, you're going to realize what questions are geared towards which preferences or cognitive functions and that's all you need to unconsciously sway your answers into how you think you view yourself or towards the functions you think you use. Not everyone is self aware enough to figure it out that easily. I find that the tests I took that were the most accurate were 1) when I first discovered personality theory and 2) now, especially that I feel fairly confident in my type and I've had enough time to assess what my preferences were. In between is a blurry, biased mess.

One time I tested as an ESTJ I was so delusional. For what it's worth though, on 80% of the shit online tests I take I get INTP. I rarely get INFJ. I haven't had the privilege of taking the official test, but even then I'd question it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fine, so be it, however whenever I test myself I give the most honest answers, without lying to myself about what I would like to be. So far I tested INFJ every time. My first test returned INFJ. Ran that test 3 times. Then countless other tests gave the same, INFJ Turbulent variant. Plus, the fact that I could not lie to myself is another thing that confirms my INFJ-ness. I am always coming as INFJ and after so many tests I gave up on testing anymore, it really is settled, I have my confirmation in my daily life also.
Well, my point was that tests aren't a very good indicator of type, so whether you get INFJ all the time or not doesn't really matter. I'm not saying that you're not INFJ, just that most tests aren't very reliable and that one shouldn't use test results as definite proof.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I disagree strongly. Because I find myself in the INFJ description all too well. I know nothing is certain, but let's not dismiss everything now, that's just silly.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I always test as INFJ, except for this one time years ago when I got INTJ as my result (but I knew it wasn't me). When I take cognitive function tests, I can sometimes get the result ENFJ. However, for MBTI, my I% is very high. And I relate a lot more to INFJ than ENFJ. For me, the test has been very consistent.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I mostly get INFJ too. I sometimes get INFP. On cognitive function tests I got ISFJ once and ENFJ once or twice, mostly INFJ still. I don't trust the tests, but they are interesting to take.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ISFJ the first 2 times, but I couldn't find myself in the sensory function at all. Extraverted sensing really is my worst function, so INFJ just made a lot more sense and after a few more tests my (intuitive) hunch was proven right :happy:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I took the long test at least 8 times and got INFJ five times, so went with that. I forget what the other results were.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
I got INFJ first (and that's been my main result ever since), INFP once, and now I keep on getting INTJ.

You eventually come to a point where you know the tests so well that you have to stop taking them and simply trust your own understanding. I think that one reason INFJs tend to get the INFP result is because test formats push you toward thinking about your ideals and personal feelings, which is more of an Fi thing.

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,917 Posts
Shortly after college when taking an MBTI test for the first time I got INTP... thought I was one for years but the lack of F influence never quite sat right with me. More recently I test as INFP a lot and while the type is close on the creative side of things as well as having some characteristics I wish I had... like Ne... it never quite sat right either... Got INFJ a few times in the numerous online tests I took so I started actually researching the cognitive functions in depth to determine which ones I ACTUALLY used. After I realized I was Ni and on the Fe/Ti axis... then I discovered the INFJ type. The clouds opened up, light shone down, and angels began singing... In my head lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I aways tested as INFP, or a few times INTP. Its only when I learned about functions that I figured out I was really an INFJ. The reason for this is probably because I was severely depressed when I took the test and it's only when I started to better that I figured it out.

It also can be difficult to tell the difference between judging and perceiving types in introverts because it's their first extroverted function that determines whether they are a J/P.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Rough estimations here:
75% INFJ
20% INTJ
5% Other (usually ISFJ or something around there)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts