Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
ye are best at expressing yourselves in writing. hands down!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have always admired the unlimited ability of our imagination.
Whether formed in reality or based in fantasy, my imagination is INTENSE.
Oh, and fighting injustice. Injustice is SO our bitch.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Oh, and fighting injustice. Injustice is SO our bitch.
Nothing pisses me off more than inequity.
Also, yes, my imagination is uber active...especially about scary things. Like death. I'm still trying to get over that one...

L

·
0 Posts
our imaginations. i can look at a wall for hours and still be entertained. not sure if thats good or bad......

·
Registered
431 Posts
I couldn't speak for all INFPs, but I'm really good at understanding any point of view in any situation. I can look at a tree, and imagine what it would be like to be a tree and then feel for the tree because I think, wow, I know what it must feel like. Same goes with people, but that's a lot more complex to explain.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
I think INFPs are especially talented at maintaining both a connection with others/the outside world, and their own inner world, if they allow their Intuition to grow. They also have a tendency to be pretty adaptable and have an open mind on many subjects, with a certain sensitivity.

Perhaps it is for these reasons some INFPs make such great artists, authors, musicians, and companions.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I read somewhere that introverted feelers are good at keeping personal integrity and helping others do so as well.

I don't know if it's true for me, but I like the way it sounds. :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
my thoughts.

Actually I like to think we're good at seeing beauty in things others don't see it in,
at least I'm like that and it seems other INFP's are as well.
kinda like your avater picture Calvaire. I think it cool and really pretty.

Suffering in silence? No, that's just a joke.
actually under skies, that describes me pretty well. yah, I don't like letting others know see or realize that I'm either in pain or that something's wrong. mostly cause I don't want to cause any problems or get in the way in any way. and I don't want to waste anybody elses time by makeing them worry about me unessesarily.

we are good at helping others with emotional problems by allowing them to open up - and we are good listeners.
I agree asukai. the only time I'm not is when I'm in a sleepy dreamy spacy zoney state.

we are the best at creating romantic scenarios in our head.
yah, I think so to . I once imagined something like me an my girlfriend sitting on a blanket on a grassy hill and under the shade of a tree late in the evening. with the temperature being warm with a cool and gentle breaze. the sky was turning red yellow and orange from the sun set, and when the sun was down the 4th of july fire works would start. sounds like a perfect evening to me.

I think we are pretty good at seeing the beauty and positive things in everybody and everything.
A lot of people concentrate on the bad stuff and negative things in people, but we rather sympathize and try to also see their point of view; to understand.
I gotta agree that Fairy. I love trying to understand things and seeing things form others points of veiw. I always find it interesting to see how others see things. I'm good a sympathizing to. and though I like seeing the beuty of natural things, my veiw of the world in gerneral was kinda turned rather more negative than positive quie some time ago. and I can't always see the good in EVERYbody I see around me. but that's partly from stereotipical opinions I got about sirtain kinda of people when I was little. of corse those opinions came from expiriance with those kinds of people. none of those expiriances were good, so of corse I got a negative opinion of them. but now I see that not every body who falls in the same group is totally the same. so even if most people who fall into a sirtain group tend to be bad, that doesn't mean every body in that group is bad. just a growng up experiance I guess.

We care deeper than others and will often be the ones that reach out to others that are in pain.
true. I think I can say that even though I don't tend to just come out and truely show it, I tend to keep myself rather closed and well gaurded, that I still can care vary deeply about those close and even some not so close to me. so that was a good point Blue Butterfly.

We're good at picking up on things unique to others - details such as mannerisms, preferences in food/drink, music, etc., as well as broader stuff like habits, comfort zones, personality traits, etc.
yah, I Like observing others to learn about them like that to. not in a creepy kinda way, but because it's fun to try and figure someone out without getting to know them. especially cause that makes getting to know tem so much more fun after you've learned a bit about them.
hopefully those moments of feeling understood will help people not take it so personally when we are plastered to a book in a corner, oblivious to their existence...
XD good one Phthalocyanine.

sorry this post is getting so long. I just kinda wanted to catch up with the thread and am feeling a bit excited to share my thoughts and ideas with every one. well I've cought up with the first 2 pages. but I guess I should stop this post here and countinue the rest in another post. but I probably shouldn't double post so I'll have to wait from someone else to post huh? all well, guess it is about time a gave someone else a chance to talk huh? XP yah, I'm usually not to talkative in RL. but, get me on the right topic or catch my interest and I can really become quite the chatter box.sorry again. hope you don't mind to much. well, I hope that was good for my first post here on this forum.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wish I could issue a blanket thank for all of these responses, I'm really impressed!

I think we prove through this forum that we have a special way with words. We're able to connect language with feelings in a very beautiful way. This makes us great communicators (although oral communication can be a struggle since the right words don't always come to mind "on the spot").

I'm starting to think we are guardians of literature.

·
Registered
850 Posts
sounds like a cool idea to me. even though I stink at english class, I like writting. especially fantasy, so being considerd a gardian is not only pretty awsome to me, but itkinda inspires me with so new ideas to. so thanks!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I love that to. it's my favorite part of myself. my imagination is the greatest thing I have.

- Being compassionate
- Encouraging others
- Getting the big picture. I think we can understand the root of a problem or situation, abstract things, philosophy.
yah, I really like te concept of philosophy, phycology, and abstract stuffs. heck, just the fact that I said I enjoy concepts should point to that. I really enjoy thinking about deep concepts to.

We're the best at being offended! j/k

We're the best at accepting and understanding others and dreaming. What other type spends half of the time living in their heads?
yes, understanding and dreaming. oh, and I spend MORE than just half my life in my head. ha, in my head IS my life! hahaha!

I think INFPs are especially talented at maintaining both a connection with others/the outside world, and their own inner world, if they allow their Intuition to grow. They also have a tendency to be pretty adaptable and have an open mind on many subjects, with a certain sensitivity.
Perhaps it is for these reasons some INFPs make such great artists, authors, musicians, and companions.
I like haveing an open mind to meny things. it's fun and really shows you the world in meny different ways. and yes I see myself as being pretty flexible and adaptable.

We are good at being really indecisive and second guessing everything we do....ha..
tell me about it! I'm like the absolute worst at makeing desicions. I kinda leave those up to everyone else. and like walking down the hall, someone's walking right at you. wall of people moveing against you to your left, wall of people moveing with you to your right. no room to go on either side. just tiny openings on both sides of the person walking at you, what do you do? I find this situation everyday at school. know what my answer is then? I have NO FLIPPIN IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! that's my answer. so I heitate to go one way consider going the other, keep that up to the last second. then I just go which eveyr way I have time to and just barely avoid the collision.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I don't see any reason why not. I mean you did say NEARLY all writters, so that makes it seem reasonable enough. I mean if you had said ALL as in every single one of them was, I'd have to say I don't think it's totally true. but nearly al seems alot more believable.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts