Personality Cafe banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
We see ideals as well as we see reality.

We gives Tons of shits about almost anything.

We know what we want for the most part, and although we may be ashamed of it, we know who we are.

We have faith in a lot of ways.
(of course not in the same things :)

We aren't afraid to take a guess or a position on an issue like some of the ENXPs.

We are good at disclaimers:
Of course, I could be wrong about any of these statements, thats just what I've noticed...

·
Registered
17 Posts
As INFPs I think sometimes we absorb peoples pain too much, our sympathy is limitless- this can sometimes leave us feeling so depressed and so trapped because everyone elses pain is replaced by your own. We wont let it out, it will stay in our minds and so everything becomes too much and there's no explanation. But then our daydreaming is a release, there's something so calming by just staring at nothing, and it doesn't make you feel empty but rather it makes you feel so whole. That's when we see the light- there aren't any answers to your confusion but it just washes them away. That's what I feel anyway. I don't know about other INFPs

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
As INFPs I think sometimes we absorb peoples pain too much, our sympathy is limitless- this can sometimes leave us feeling so depressed and so trapped because everyone elses pain is replaced by your own. We wont let it out, it will stay in our minds and so everything becomes too much and there's no explanation. But then our daydreaming is a release, there's something so calming by just staring at nothing, and it doesn't make you feel empty but rather it makes you feel so whole. That's when we see the light- there aren't any answers to your confusion but it just washes them away. That's what I feel anyway. I don't know about other INFPs
I really like the way you said this. I have been recently coming to some new awareness of tendencies I have.

One of them is to walk around, sometimes for years, wearing someone else's skin. I subconsciously carry around the very idea of someone, often thinking of things in the same terms as they would. I don't know why I spend so much time trying to decipher them this way. Along the way, I have insights that I can only wish I could have shared with them about something they were doing a long time ago. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I do reach those insights and understandings of these people I've known.

I don't find other things as interesting or as engaging as trying to unravel the thinking of people who seemed stressed or unhappy at a time when I knew them.

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I'm told I'm funny and have a vivid imagination. Pretty good at theological banter. It's been said that I'm a fast walker (I'm guessing because I've been doing it so often.) I can be very understanding/good at seeing through perceptions about someone or something. I'm friendly and like to try and connect with people who will let me/enjoy being social one-on-one with those who allow it. I'm a halfway decent artist and singer. I'm good at staying on top of follow-ups at work, rofl.

Those are basically all the things I remember having been told; at least, things I can control. I try to leave opinion-forming to others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We tend to suggest things or come up with grand ideas and solutions to problems, at which point other people take the advice and pretend that the idea just magically popped into their own head or conveniently forgot that you had any hand in it when credit is due. The hard life of a wallflower unwilling to correct them. :(

I think we can keep a secret better than most? Such as if we overheard gossip, we're less likely to spread it around. I think it's because we understand the gravity of our actions towards others in a way that most personalities do not. That darn domino effect ruins lives.

Also have to agree on some that have been said and maybe a few that have not? Such as being good listeners, mediators, philosophical conversations, staring at nothing/out windows, etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
sounds like a cool idea to me. even though I stink at english class, I like writting. especially fantasy, so being considerd a gardian is not only pretty awsome to me, but itkinda inspires me with so new ideas to. so thanks!
English class is kind of stupid in my opinion, In particular, the writing portions. While the vocabulary and reading comprehension type of stuff definitely has its value and importance, in writing, the truly great writers don't even follow these bogus rules like "to be verbs" and whatnot so :rolleyes:

·
Registered
850 Posts
yah, my issue is spelling and punctuation. but it also doesn't help that the little text box you use for writing posts on this site really doesn't like me. when I come here and type something I'll look up to find that half of what I typed is messed up because not all the keys I hit actually show up like they should. then I have to go back and fix everything. this, is an extremely rare occasion, I actually didn't have to do that this time. it took my input correctly for the 1st time in over a year! :D

·
Banned
363 Posts
procrastinating
overthinking
obsessing
wandering off
rambling (when it's with the right person and it's after midnight, for me)
zoning out
getting lost
feeling too much or nothing at all
using too damn many metaphors (I'm SO guilty of this)

·
Plague Doctor
5,927 Posts
I think INFPs are extremely effective at impacting individuals by pointing out truths they never thought about before. We aid people in their discovery of self and the world.

Essentially, we heighten people's awareness. If anyone thinks I'm being arrogant, I want to mention that heightened awareness doesn't always create a positive response. I also think this is why we make such good writers and counselors (pretty much the INFP jobs I see the most).

101 - 118 of 118 Posts