Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol, you know how in Horoscopes or just in general things will say "your lucky number is __"? Or even better yet, "your lucky number for TODAY is __"!
Like, what is that going to do for my life? What's the point of telling me my "lucky number"?
Lucky numbers seem to fail in having any relevance to human reality.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There are generally more than one lucky number and they are generally small enough that they fit into other numbers. For people who cling to the idea that horoscopes tell you something meaningful the generality helps them find truth where none exists.

More importantly you should be asking yourself this:

Why, if there really are ways to tell the future, to pick lucky numbers, etc.; Why are the people who are selling you these things, not just using their knowledge to profit from it on their own?

Of course the answer is obvious enough. They aren't trying to profit from it because they cannot, instead they try to profit from everyone who listens to them, and create these vague markets of prediction where the future becomes a commodity to sell.

Keep in mind that most people desire hope so blindly that it is easy to swindle someone with false hope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts