Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted to date an intj ever since i started learning about the personality types, the supremely intelligent and strong thinking introvertedness.... hot. But i have a hunch that if i were to meet an intj she wouldnt be interested in an entp, i think we entp's might be a little too chaotic and carefree for an intj's tastes. How do intj's view entps? more specifically how do intj women view male entps?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I personally enjoy being around the company of people who are often labeled ENTP. I believe it is our lead functions are complementery (Ni and Ne). They're interesting, usually entertaining, and come up wtih some great ideas at times.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have a male friend who is ENTP, and I'm sorry but I could never date him. He is a great person, but he soooo get's on my nerves. He tends to pick at everything I say and do, and does so vocally, which is the most annoying thing I've ever encountered. If you have an opinion or judgement to pass on me, especially if it is a subjective one, please keep it to yourself, I do not wish to hear about how you think I'm too analytical, or introverted, or perfectionistic, or cold, or dry, etc etc. Those are sure fire way's to turn me off, make me think you are an asshole for intruding into my "bubble", and keep you nothing more then a friend. No one likes to feel attacked for being who they are. And that was/is the issue I tend to always have with him. He simply cannot accept me for who i am. In his mind, there is something wrong with me, and he has taken it upon himself to try and "fix" me. Oh if I could remember how many times I've hung up the phone on him. Poor guy. But he still hangs around though. Lol. It's beyond my comprehension why he does. :crazy:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is off topic but related to what you said. some of the greatest advice i ever got was from my friend's dad (an intp) and he told me the secret to getting along in this world is to just accept people as they are, cause there is no changing it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
this is off topic but related to what you said. some of the greatest advice i ever got was from my friend's dad (an intp) and he told me the secret to getting along in this world is to just accept people as they are, cause there is no changing it.
I'm going to send my friend a copy of this, and have him read that. He thinks he can change anything and anyone. Lol.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
My experience:
Kind of annoying. Can be smart, but always trying to make you know it, trying to get feedback, wanting the spotlight on them. It seems insecure. Also, can be terrible at real conflict. They tend to hold grudges against me by repeatedly misinterpreting something I did, getting more upset over time as it repeats, and never telling me what was wrong in the first place until perhaps an explosion. It's odd, because these are usually the difficulties I have with Feelers...there is a different feel to it, but the gist is the same. Not great at respecting my boundaries either.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
On paper they seem like the kind of fun apeshit crazy person you want to hang out with, and have witty nonsensical arguments but, seeing as I've never encountered one in real life, I don't know how we would hit it off. But theoretically they seem like one of the most fun types, to me anyways.

·
Registered
424 Posts
A lot of times, I don't even get along with the ENTPs. The maturity of both the INTJ and ENTP can really affect the outcome of the relationship. Usually, its the ENTP's lack of maturity that rots the relationship, any relationship. That of course, doesn't imply INTJ's can't be immature. And for those immature INTJ's I absolutely can't deal with them either. Otherwise, I believe they are a good match on paper.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My experience:
Kind of annoying. Can be smart, but always trying to make you know it, trying to get feedback, wanting the spotlight on them. It seems insecure. Also, can be terrible at real conflict. They tend to hold grudges against me by repeatedly misinterpreting something I did, getting more upset over time as it repeats, and never telling me what was wrong in the first place until perhaps an explosion. It's odd, because these are usually the difficulties I have with Feelers...there is a different feel to it, but the gist is the same. Not great at respecting my boundaries either.
I also find ENTPs to be very annoying.

When we look at an INTJ under stress though there is an interesting correlation.
When under stress we tend to exhibit our shadow functions which for an INTJ (Normal: NiTeFiSe), Shadow: NeTiFeSi. And for the ENTP (Normal: NeTiFeSi), Shadow: NiTeFiSe.
So, it seems we remind each other of what we are like when we are stressed, and this is an uncomfortable feeling. It also leads to constant misunderstanding, as each person treats the other as if they were a stressed version of themselves.

The ENTP-INTJ relationship is one of the most likely, for these types, to produce neurotic disorders in one or both partners.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is all very disheartening. I want to tell myself i am a mature entp that any intj would love but thats not a very objective oppinion :laughing:

The ENTP-INTJ relationship is one of the most likely, for these types, to produce neurotic disorders in one or both partners.
I was just curious if this was your own opinion, or a generally accepted fact.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Some websites claim that an INTJ should be paired with an ENTP or an ENFP. I only know one ENFP and one ENTP. The ENTP can easily become annoying without even trying, yet he used to often try anyway. The ENFP, on the other hand, has an awesome personality and while I'm not attracted to her specifically, I'd love to meet others like her.

Take my opinion of ENTP's with a "grain of salt". In my case, it's an ENTP with social anxiety, an authoritarian father, ADHD, and the emotional crap that results. I was the safe social outlet and I stupidly accepted his request to move in with me when I started going to University. He wasn't exactly the best example to base a general opinion on...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The more people talk about the entps they have known the more it seems that there are a bunch of immature and unhealthy entps running around and what seems like no mature and healthy entps. or maybe we are just a bunch of a$$holes ruining it for everyone else lol

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
The more people talk about the entps they have known the more it seems that there are a bunch of immature and unhealthy entps running around and what seems like no mature and healthy entps. or maybe we are just a bunch of a$$holes ruining it for everyone else lol
Things I like about ENTP's:

They're interested in everything
They like figuring things out - so do I, and the point of view is always a little different from mine, which makes it more interesting
They like to do stuff, not just sit around and think the way INTJ's tend to
They don't get all caught up in emotional drama
I love the sense of humor
They are straightforward - no bullshit, no angsting
Their freedom and impulsiveness attract me - so not INTJ

When I think back on my secret crushes, I'm pretty sure most of them were ENTP's

·
Banned
605 Posts
ENTP's seem to learn from the school of gargantuan knocks, so I would expect a large number of them take longer to mature than some of the other types. If they don't run into them early enough, that's where they start giving the type a bad rep. In my cousins case, his dad was essentially preventing him from being able to learn and adapt. Obviously it was unintentional and my cousin could have "fought" back but I'm sure social anxiety made that harder.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ENTP's seem to learn from the school of gargantuan knocks, so I would expect a large number of them take longer to mature than some of the other types. If they don't run into them early enough, that's where they start giving the type a bad rep. In my cousins case, his dad was essentially preventing him from being able to learn and adapt. Obviously it was unintentional and my cousin could have "fought" back but I'm sure social anxiety made that harder.
I can easily see that being true especially looking at my upbringing by the hands of a single parent istj which was really hard on me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
ENTPs can be sooo much fun with their spontaneity and bright sparkling personalities.

Where it goes off the track is when ENTPs try to influence us by indirect means. ENTPs are not feelers, but they generally have the feelers figured out really well and are very good at pushing their buttons. I can watch them do it with others and appreciate the skill and finesse. When they try it on me thinking that I won't catch on, however, I find it incredibly insulting. INTJs may find it in their interest to play along with an ENTP's attempts at manipulation, but will feel forced to keep them at arm's length due to a perceived breach of trust.

The way get an INTJ to do what you want is to just ask directly and explicitly. Nothing else works. Most indirect methods of influence will sail right over our heads, except that attempts at emotional manipulation will be instantly detected and cause the INTJ to pull up the drawbridge. If you want an INTJ on your side, cut them in on your schemes and never try to "play" them.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts