Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From all of the reading that I've done on this forum, it is pretty apparent that most of us don't subscribe to organized religion. My question is what do most other intp's do on easter? Any cool rituals that you do? I'm looking for ideas.

Last year it was zombie movies, atheist comedians and wine. Any ideas for this year?

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I drive up to my aunt and uncle's place every Easter. They are very religious and have always made a great deal out of the day. We eat a huge feast while watching the kids run around doing little kid's stuff. Then traditionally I drink iced tea while my uncle shows my grandfather, father, and I his newest $100k+ farming toy. This year I also look forward to going to my old church with my mommy and looking for old classmates.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I open my closet and attempt to pick one of these:

But its just so dang hard.. by the time I have chosen one, I'm late to church!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eggs Benedict, Cadbury eggs, and lemon chicken whilst wondering how anyone can either believe or not belive in Dog, given that you can't prove either arguement. ;-)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
2 words: chocolate feast

I open my closet and attempt to pick one of these:

But its just so dang hard.. by the time I have chosen one, I'm late to church!
I am ashamed to say that I used to wear such things when I was little, and yes, it was to church >_<. But in my defense, my mother chose those outfits, and I despised going to church.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I request work in advance so I get paid double, then like all secular holidays, buy as much discounted chocolate the next day as I can.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If I was with my parents or with my aunt, I'd go to church - it's what I've been doing ever since I was born, and I'd do it if I had the chance. I acknowledge the day and I know what it means, but since I'm not in either place, I'm just going to do homework... because I don't get a day off on Monday.

·
Social Pyromaniac
477 Posts
Easter: celebrate by shoving my face full of candy all day, eat meat until I can't breath, pass out in front of the TV.

Thanksgiving: celebrate by shoving my face full of candy all day, eat meat until I can't breath, pass out in front of the TV.

Christmas: celebrate by shoving my face full of candy all day, eat meat until I can't breath, pass out in front of the TV.

God bless America

PS: I've done church on Easter many times (not in the last eight years though) It's excruciatingly hot, boring, torturously repetitive, full of old people, and seemingly lasts an eternity.

Church on Easter Sunday bears a striking resemblance to Hell.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
stand by my point of view that egg came before the bunny...

being dragged out to a rabbit farm for festivities... where the children will gather around me (because while I have the talent of making little old ladies cross four lanes of traffic just avoid sharing a sidewalk with me... it seems to have the opposite effect on kids.) and I'll tell them a story... about the easter bunny and the 'fried chicken' they're eating... some pg rated parts of silence of the lambs while adding a bit for those vegan children about how all the vegans and vegetarians have gathered up their natural and organic food sources... and have led them to the slaughter they face now.

or I'll sleep in.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Easter: celebrate by shoving my face full of candy all day, eat meat until I can't breath, pass out in front of the TV.

Thanksgiving: celebrate by shoving my face full of candy all day, eat meat until I can't breath, pass out in front of the TV.

Christmas: celebrate by shoving my face full of candy all day, eat meat until I can't breath, pass out in front of the TV.

God bless America

PS: I've done church on Easter many times (not in the last eight years though) It's excruciatingly hot, boring, torturously repetitive, full of old people, and seemingly lasts an eternity.

Church on Easter Sunday bears a striking resemblance to Hell.
And nothing is freaking open.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I celebrate my ancestors crucifying Jesus and drink the blood of a first born Christian kid. I have the kid picked out, but he has no idea. Happy Passover!

Edit: I'm assuming I can say this without anyone taking offense in the INTP forum because a majority of us I believe are atheists or agnostics to begin with.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.