Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
At least when it comes to the Ns in my family, as my dad said "we have all our assets in our heads", meaning that we sometimes simply do not pay attention to our surroundings and thus it's difficult for us to work according to a routine forced from external sources and to keep all the papers etc well in order. Might be confused with P vs J but he's a hardcore judger so I guess that applies to at least some people using intuition.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Well, it is different for every intuitive type.

INFJs will have trouble with Se and Te basically (as 1D functions), so they will have trouble being pragmatic and concrete. We have the inability to define if something is objective or not, and we have trouble putting steps in our plans, to make them become real.

INTJs are similar, but they are pragmatic and don't have trouble making concrete plans. The difference is that they will have trouble expressing their emotions, and their affection due to Fe PoLR. It can be hard if they are in a relationship with someone.

ENFJs have trouble understanding complex logic structures and systems by themselves, because of their dual-seeking Ti. They have Si as a PoLR function, so they have problems dealing with themselves.

ENTJs have the smae problem with Si, but they don't have trouble understanding systems. Instead, they are bad at considering people in their plans.

INTPs are cute, they have the desire to connect with others, but they are quite bad at it (often perceived as awkward and stuff..). Dual-seeking Fe. They also have Se PoLR, they don't like following orders, and avoid problems that cannot be solved intellectually.

ENTPs and ENFPs, both love exploring ideas and possibilities. But they are quite bad at recreating a previous that works. So they will need inferior Si to "focus" on thing, instead of starting projects without finishing them.
ENTPs have Fi PoLR, and don't know how are the relationships around them. They have trouble perceiving how people are linked.
ENFPs in the other hand have Ti PoLR, and absolutely hate with details of systems.

I'm sorry, there's no general answer for this question. Besides, I would like to know what do sensors lack in this case.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Eheheheh. Home maintenance is one.

My INTP brother really gets on my nerves sometimes. My mother's, too. Never makes himself useful. He'll leave lights on, doors open, tables messy, his bed undone, and even faucets running! We can't trust him to do any chores like vacuuming, cleaning, doing the laundry, and washing the dishes. Pray that he finds a wife who'll do all that for him... and then get fed up with his absent-mindedness and leave him.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of these inabilities are really trivial I think, except maybe the losing things and chores one.

What are some important things that sensors really can do much better than intuitive types, something's than intuitive types are well, mostly bad at. Or would a response to this be over generalization because not all intuitive types would be like that etcetera?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
@cheshireperson

I stub my toe at least once a day. If I don't do that, then my shin is scratched, or my elbow gets hit. or I forget where my phone is...or I forget to do my homework.

Sure, I can analyze the meaning of life for two hours straight or come up with a complex mathematical equation concerning how emotions work, but I can't do a single practical thing with ease...ever.

Do you see my problem?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
For comparison, what would be the important things that intuitive types are much better than sensors at?
Intuitives are creative and open-minded, sensors are realistic and good at interacting with their environments.
Intuitives prefer intellectual and idea-oriented things, sensors prefer physical and sensory-oriented things.

Neither type is better than the other...just different.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Like other INTJs, I misplace small personal items all the time. I am hideous at keeping them in the same place repeatedly. What normally happens is that my hand will put them down somewhere in the space of walking to somewhere else and I will not notice they are missing until the next time I need them. I actually managed to walk about 6kms home one evening before realising that I had left my house keys somewhere along those 6kms. I did not notice they were missing until I literally lifted my hand (minus keys) to open the front door. Then it was panic stations as I could not think back and remember where I left them.

This is common enough to keep me in a semi-perpetual state of minor crisis. It's annoying.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The biggest things that I struggle with that I think are related to being an N type:

It's harder to appreciate reality. I seldom notice the beauty of trees or the unique coloring of people's faces and hair and eyes. I lose stuff all the time. I honestly think S's are overall happier -- and not because of ignorance! I think they genuinely have greater capacities to enjoy a greater percentage of each day, because the majority of each day involves sensing stuff.
I also have never been great with mechanical work. I'm not good at fixing things. Maintenance of a house is a horrifyingly boring prospect to me. I enjoy manual labor, but I simply am not very good at anything that requires tools.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are unhappy about something because you are unable to do it, maybe in the same way sensing types also are unhappy about what they don't have so it probably doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For comparison, what would be the important things that intuitive types are much better than sensors at?
Can see big picture quicker.

But what are sensors better at than intuitives??? These are generalizations of course.
Appreciating all the beauty:
In the NOW
The passion/beauty and all the stimulation of the sensate (I swear I probably get the same high from smelling flowers than some get from certain drugs).
The realities of beauty within flaws of things that are real, and perhaps less than ideal
The importance of detail when making love, art, music

Perhaps some intuitives realize such things with a DIFFERENT type of intensity or perspective however; I only speak from a sensors life experience.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Intuitives are creative and open-minded, sensors are realistic and good at interacting with their environments.
Intuitives prefer intellectual and idea-oriented things, sensors prefer physical and sensory-oriented things.

Neither type is better than the other...just different.
For some reason this made me think about a cat playing with a toy on a string :kitteh:
But I guess that might be a bit shy of defining sensors.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts