Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having a date with an ISFJ soon. This is like the first chance for me to connect deeper to her since she guards her feelings pretty well, we are friend and know each other well but only through formal conversations about work or guidance (I help her a lot on her study and others). We only tease each other before because she put up a poker face a lot. So are there any places/activities that can make her happy and open up a little bit? And are there any topics or tips also :kitteh:? I'm an ISFP so I'm pretty emotional, I may get scared if she keeps her poker face at the date and I don't really want to tease or making jokes anymore. Thank you for reading this!

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Hi, I'm having a date with an ISFJ soon. This is like the first chance for me to connect deeper to her since she guards her feelings pretty well, we are friend and know each other well but only through formal conversations about work or guidance (I help her a lot on her study and others). We only tease each other before because she put up a poker face a lot. So are there any places/activities that can make her happy and open up a little bit? And are there any topics or tips also :kitteh:? I'm an ISFP so I'm pretty emotional, I may get scared if she keeps her poker face at the date and I don't really want to tease or making jokes anymore. Thank you for reading this!
Not an Isfj but I'm a woman. Hmm perhaps you can take her out to an aquarium, ice skating or sign up for a cooking class together , then grab coffee at a bookstore afterward (that way it'll be easier to transition from playful to serious and still keep the date fun)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: a peach

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Whatever you like to do :p

More to the point though: anything that provides a lot of opportunities to get to know each other in a private and controlled setting. A table in a cafe, dinner... stuff like that. Other than that it depends on the ISFJ in question. If they have particular interests like movies, that could be a good option (although you should provide opportinity to talk about it afterwards). I think most ISFJ's will tend to have a good time if you're having a good time though. If you're not enjoying yourself, they will know and it will destroy their mood instantly.

·
Registered
595 Posts
not enough ISFJs on these forums, they are underrated, so underrated that they don't want to be one.

Reactions: actualjennings07

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dated an ISFJ girl once. Sweetest little animal I ever saw, she studied to be a nurse, danced, ice skated. Just a pearl of a creature.

Except she had nothing of worth to say, which annoyed the fuck out of me. Literally not a grain of original thought in that head of hers. My attempts at somewhat of a decent convo fell on flat ears, so I had to dumb myself down consistently, which became pretty fucking exhausting after a while. Needless to say, I dumped her. It's a shame, since she truly cared for me. Oh well.

We went for a coffee on the first date, and then to the movies. I made her laugh, being confident is key. ISFJs generally are easy to please, so don't stress.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I would say that we are generally very easy to please when it comes to a date. I really like what others have mentioned here, about ice skating. *swoons*~ If it's someone I am attracted to especially, we could totally just skip going out someplace, and have a cozy dinner at home on the couch.

When thinking on it, I believe that perhaps one of the best things you could do is to set for a place where it's intimate and it's obvious that the attention is on only the two of you. To feel like his whole world is focused on me in that moment, I think is a most special feeling... I absolutely melt under a lover's gaze, there's something really fun about lots of eye contact and smiling amidst conversation about happy past memories and future hopes and dreams.

Activities I would really prefer would range from amusement parks to hang-gliding, but I understand that everyone may be different;; Psychology can help in that if you introduce someone to a very thrilling/scary experience with lots of heart racing feelings, they may mistake it for falling in love with you~ Suspension Bridge Affect, I think it's called! Paintball and go-kart racing could be a blast too, or maybe something like painting together or hiking. I feel like when it comes to something to do, there's plenty of options, focus more on your friendliness and getting your feelings across to us~ We overanalyze and stress out too much -- literally need to hear that you like us, because we'll convince ourselves that you don't!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I dated an ISFJ girl once. Sweetest little animal I ever saw, she studied to be a nurse, danced, ice skated. Just a pearl of a creature.

Except she had nothing of worth to say, which annoyed the fuck out of me. Literally not a grain of original thought in that head of hers. My attempts at somewhat of a decent convo fell on flat ears, so I had to dumb myself down consistently, which became pretty fucking exhausting after a while. Needless to say, I dumped her. It's a shame, since she truly cared for me. Oh well.

We went for a coffee on the first date, and then to the movies. I made her laugh, being confident is key. ISFJs generally are easy to please, so don't stress.
I'm sorry but that's kind of awful to say about someone? : \

---

That being said, I think it depends on what you're comfortable with. For our first date (and my first date ever, actually) my ISTJ boyfriend planned out a walk/short hike. After that we went out for Chinese food and went to the docks. We've been dating for three years as of this month! ^^ I'm a pretty nervous person overall and he loves to be outside, so the fact that he was comfortable in that situation made me feel more comfortable, too.

Ice skating sounds like an amazing idea, especially this time of year! It's pretty cold outside so you're sadly kind of limited in what you can do outdoors, but I'd definitely recommend doing an activity where you can talk and get to know one another. Maybe a walk around town, rock climbing, a trampoline gym, going on a bicycle ride? I feel like physically doing something together can be really nice for getting to know someone because you're focused on something other than feeling awkward, haha.

I'm sure you're going to do great!! ISFJs can be a little shy at times but honestly, if she agreed to go on a date with you, you've probably won half the battle. Just be your genuine self, be kind, and hopefully things will turn out great!

(also: if things are going really well, cheek kisses are amazing)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why would you say this, particularly in the ISFJ forum? Also this has nothing to do with the original question.

Reactions: Taileile

·
Registered
75 Posts
For a first date, I appreciate something quiet and calm. I like to going to a coffee shop or low-key restaurant, or even a calm bar. Something that puts me at ease and allows for conversation.

For topics, I would say bring up your own interests and talk about those and try to find common ground. I love discussing shared interests.

Reactions: Taileile
1 - 10 of 10 Posts