Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I haven't ventured deep enough into the ISFP forum to encounter a similar question, but I am curious as to what ISFP's think of INTJs. My best friend is an ISFP and we get along tremendously. Admittedly, I have a habit of calling the shots when we are together but it doesn't feel like I'm being bossy because she is easy-going and does not perceive my authoritativeness as a threat (always a plus).

So, how about the ISFP/INTJ dynamic?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I really wish I knew one. My dad is an ENTJ and I know an ENTJ guy 'round campus. I actually really like their insights. Picturing an INTJ is exciting. They seem brutal, which is what I lack in my life! There's an abundance of soft-headedness around me, not counting the few I'm committed to.

Oh, wait. I know an INTJ overseas in Romania. Supposedly. He's great. Big on the intellectual.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Headstrong and straightforward. Having that objective take on things I'm not used to being around. The ENTJ I met at college, for instance, was the first brand of intelligence like his I've encountered among my friends. I appreciate the rawness. We actually shared a few informed thoughts on certain subjects. Thought that was awesome.

·
Registered
168 Posts
From what I've seen, INTJs get shit done. Period.

Honestly, it's exciting. I've had a few INTJ friends in the past, and we always got along pretty well. Being the mushy, laid-back ball of ISFP that I am, I usually enjoy it when someone else takes the lead. They're very intellectual, interesting to talk to and make great friends. I would never want to get on an INTJ's bad side, though, at least of the ones I've met. That's just suicide.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Never met one IRL, but would love to. Seems like one of the best Jungian functional preference orderings IMO.

Hmm...maybe that professor I had for probability and stochastic processes was one...dude was fucking amazing.

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
My dad is an INTJ and he is my favorite person on the planet! I think it would be very helpful if he could be a bit more expressive in his love/appreciation for me, but he's always been there for me so I look past it.

He is the most stable person in my life.. When you cross his line though, look out! It doesn't happen often, but the direct disappointment my father can show is frightening--not to mention heartbreaking.

I love INTJs! I would rather partner up with someone who has their Fe stronger, but all the cognitive functions are a big plus in my book! I have a very strong Ni for an ISFP (if that is what I am) so I connect well with the INTJ's Ni! :)

Though, the president of a club I once belonged to was an INTJ. He seemed to think he was the best person, and only his ideas were correct/important. He would really belittle other people who thought differently than him, a trait that disgusted me. He was very sarcastic and rude when talking to other people, but I assume that just grew from his insecurities (he was a rather unattractive person, not being rude but he had some obvious flaws).

We got along decently, but in reality I really didn't like him as a person. He made me feel bad regularly with the way he spoke and he seemed slightly two-faced. He would talk badly about someone but then when talking to that person one on one he would change and act as if he was always kind towards them. It might have just been him though.. He was VERY much an INTJ though, no question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My girlfriend is an INTJ. Works out pretty well I think, we have a lot in common and the things we don't kind of balance each other out

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I like talking to INTJs. They seem like a cool bunch of people. I think ISFPs cognitive functions are the same but in reverse of the INTJs. I can talk to them about similar interests and I can still catch up with the big picture topics. I've mostly spoken to female INTJs. I think my cousin is an INTJ. I haven't spoken to any male INTJs in this forum. Wonder how it would be like dating an INTJ.

Reactions: Jaw485

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mm, I can't say I've dealt with much INTJ's but I'm sure I wouldn't have much of a problem, especially if they're a nice person. The J factor might drive me a little batty though, I'm seriously surrounded by Js in rl already lol XD

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wonder how it would be like dating an INTJ.
Perhaps it is because I am INTJ myself, but I would find it all too comfortable. There's no challenge for me. I find myself attracted to NFs and their ability to irritate me so wonderfully that I end up adoring them.

Reactions: davisk

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Perhaps it is because I am INTJ myself, but I would find it all too comfortable. There's no challenge for me. I find myself attracted to NFs and their ability to irritate me so wonderfully that I end up adoring them.
Do you mean dating an ISFP is no challenge?

Reactions: m_dogg

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you mean dating an ISFP is no challenge?
I'm not so certain. I know an ISFP and we're very much comfortable in terms of spending time together. As for mode of thought, we tend to be on the same wavelength. Actually, the ISFP I know if very easy-going and though sometimes we talk about important topics, we tend to agree on most things. Whenever I'm in the same room as an NF, either all Hell breaks loose and I end up in the debate of my life or we are comfortably sitting and yet I still somehow end up in the debate of my life and I love debates almost as much as I love Cheerios.

And I love​ Cheerios.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I generally find it easier to be around IXFX-people than IXTX-people. It gets too quiet.. I don't know what they're thinking. Sometimes the conversation flows but at other times it feels like they don't like me or what I'm doing.

But who knows, I don't know if I've typed these people right. Could just be a personal chemistry thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like talking to INTJs. They seem like a cool bunch of people. I think ISFPs cognitive functions are the same but in reverse of the INTJs. I can talk to them about similar interests and I can still catch up with the big picture topics. I've mostly spoken to female INTJs. I think my cousin is an INTJ. I haven't spoken to any male INTJs in this forum. Wonder how it would be like dating an INTJ.
The cognitive functions in reverse thing makes sense may explain why me and my gf have a lot in common. We tend to agree on most things but probably arrive at the conclusion differently, something that takes me a day or half a day to decide on may take her a week to think about and mull over before she decides the same thing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have quite a number of INTJs in my life: My dad, my brother, and a few of my friends. My dad is awesome. I can't think of any way that he could improve substantially, apart from the fact that he doesn't show affection directly. He can get away with it, because he shows it in other ways, and there is no doubt.

I get on well with all the people I know are INTJs. The only rare problems I would raise are the potential for the INTJ to know that they are 100% correct on everything ever, and that they need to explain their reasons to the people in their life. 'You should do what I say without questioning me, because I'm right' doesn't lead to too many happy situations.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
You know sometimes I think I know an INTJ, then they turn out to be ISTJ.

I really need to get to know one! I think I would love to have one as a friend.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,707 Posts
They can be kinda direct.
My Math teacher was one I believe. Great guy!
I'm unsure of any other examples IRL.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have a close friend who is an ISFP; we have a great rapport. Sometimes her lack of direction in life really irks me. It's a very low key relationship though. I have fun when I'm with her and she is very loyal. I'm not sure of my appeal to her though.

I think in general these types get along for their love of sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Oh, I love INTJs! I find them very interesting. Every INTJ I met until now has intrigued me to talk to him, I could talk to you guys the whole day and whole night :p I'm always interested in what you have to say, since you always have original and argumented opinions. You guys are also quiet educated and know a lot of stuff so there is really a great range of topics we can talk about :) I also love that you are so curious and that you like asking questions, since I like answering questions :D I think that's why conversation between me and an INTJ is so good :) The only negative thing I can think of is that it tends to drain me if you insist on your T too much....and maybe the lack of spontaneity.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts