Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story represents a lot of what it means to me to be INFJ. Purpose. Meaning. Direction. Anyone else share similar sentiments?

Solara: I didn't think you'd ever give up the book, I thought it was too important to you
Eli: It was, I was carrying and reading it everyday, got so caught up in protecting it, I forgot to live by what I'd learnt from it
Solara: And what's that?
Eli: To do more for others than you do for yourself.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way to spoil the movie. lol

Solara: You know, you say you've been walking for thirty years, right?
Eli: Right?
Solara: Have you ever thought that maybe you were lost?
Eli: Nope.
Solara: Well, how do you know that you're walking in the right direction?
Eli: I walk by faith, not by sight.
Solara: [sighs] What does that mean?
Eli: It means that you know something even if you don't know something.
Solara: That doesn't make any sense.
Eli: It doesn't have to make sense. It's faith, it's faith. It's the flower of light in the field of darkness that's giving me the strength to carry on. You understand?
Solara: Is that from your book?
Eli: No, it's, uh, Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only saw it once in the theater. I think about it quite often and decided to buy it last week. It's rare that you want to buy a movie after only one viewing.

Solara: You are such a liar!
Eli: I'm not a liar
Solara: You said I could come with you if I took you to the water
Eli: I didn't say that, you said that, the road's no place for someone like you, trust me, you're safter there than you think
Solara: Hey
Eli: Yeah
Solara: Fuck you!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I really enjoyed the movie.

My favorite part (of course) were the old couple living out in the middle nowhere.

In mid-gunfight with Carnegie's men:
Solara: You know that voice you heard, did it say anything about this?
Eli: We'll get out, both of us.
George: What about us?
Eli: Didn't say anything about you.

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,770 Posts
I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. Although, I figured out the plot after only seeing the preview. Dang Ni ruins things sometimes. LOL

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's very allegorical, if you see the movie you'll know what I mean. What really bothered me, though, is that the actress that played Solara is the voice actress for Meg Griffin from Family Guy, so every time I heard her speak I thought she was Meg :/

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I saw this movie right after I rented The Road, another postapocalyptic drama that deals primarly with starvation. That film was based on a novel that was written by the author of No Country for Old Men.

The Book of Eli is more of an action movie. It made me think of Mad Max in some ways. Without spoiling much, I think the ending is a little far fetched, but I still liked the movie overall.

4/5 stars.

*Edit: To be fair, the movie does have more substance than most movies like it. I understand what you mean about having a purpose, but there are still probably much better examples of this out there.

This movie falls into my "good but not great" category. It was enjoyable and worth a rent, but I wouldn't purchase it- not brand new anyway.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The movie is very touching and had even deeper meaning after the second time watching it. I would recommend that any deep thinker to watch it. The ending had the largest surprise to me. For those that have not seen it I would say to watch it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
=The Book of Eli is more of an action movie. It made me think of Mad Max in some ways. Without spoiling much, I think the ending is a little far fetched, but I still liked the movie overall.
Yea it reminded me about Mad Max for a little bit aswell. This movie was pretty dissapointing to me. I thought the entire story and flow was just poor, and the "twist" was seen miles away. I wouldn't buy this movie, a rental if your bored one day. Mad Max had a grittier more authentic feel. Book of Eli just seemed slapped together to me, with good ole Hollywood cliches.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts