Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that INFJ's tend to have a low and soft speaking voice. I've been told that I have a maternal sounding voice that's very no nonsense. I mumble terribly and have wonky English pronunciation skills despite it being my first language. On a good day I sound like Mr.Rogers. On a bad day, my voice is incredibly husky and mildly threatening. I don't believe I actually sound like a girl and my INFJ guy friend has a voice too gentle to be considered 'manly'. I find that a little amusing because his girlfriend thinks he sounds like Eeyore. Anyone else have an interesting voice? If you want you can post recordings of yourself singing or talking. I guess this is an alternative for the people who don't want to post videos of themselves :crazy:. I'm curious about voices because like the ENFJ, INFJ's are capable of being good orators and can have compelling voices. I find it interesting that we can be so easily ignored and yet some of us can quiet a room with a quote said right...

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
I'm always being told to speak louder. I've also been told I have an English or Southern accent, even though I haven't lived in either of those places my whole life. (Even someone who lived in London a while told me that!)

Also that I have a good singing voice, but I rarely use it out of self-consciousness.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ahahaha I love the thought of someone sounding like Eeyore! And I'd be really interested to hear your voices too.

I honestly have no idea what my voice sounds like to other people, I've never asked! I often get told to slow haha down but that's it really. But I figured there was no harm in doing a quick recording, you'll have to tell me if it suits your idea of an INFJ voice.

Vocaroo | Record and send voice emails

When I get very passionate about something, often when I'm arguing, my voice gets deeper and harder than it is in the recording (and my accent gets a bit broader). And when I talk on the phone it gets higher and more airy.

Reactions: mllesentiment

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
It must be the females that sound maternal.

I have a deep voice and a Southern accent- a real one, I reckon.

*Edit- I didn't read all of what you wrote the first time, OP.

That's interesting. I've been told that I sound like Eeyor several times- even last night, as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've been told I have a pleasant speaking voice. I like it because it's feminine, but not too high-pitched. Where I used to work, they often used to assign me to speak or read at events. Like Aizar, I also have a nice singing voice, but don't like to sing for others.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
My voice was very nasal as a child, due to allergies, but I seem to have outgrown that. My voice is relatively high, but not squeaky. A friend once described my voice as sounding like "candy," whatever that means:) I don't usually talk too loudly -- probably about as loud as average.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I have been told I have a maternal voice by someone here on the forums. Don't actually remember who he was.
Last time when I had to give a short lesson, people complimented me on my pleasant and soothing voice (no, they didn't fall asleep on the contrary...:crazy: :wink: :tongue:). But I can't keep it as deep as it should be in everyday life...only when I reading out loud or teaching or something, I manage to use it correctly all the time. :mellow:

Need to add that I had quite a high voice until I started my job training 4 years ago... But that was just too high.

·
Banned
257 Posts
I was really aware of how deep my voice was when I was little compared to other girls. I kind of prefer it now to being squeaky and high.

When the conversation is turned towards me, I speak much softer and lower, probably because I don't really like the attention on myself much. It gets frustrating when people ask me to repeat myself. >=\

My voice changes with my mood.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My voice is kind of low compared to most of my friends (that are girls). And because I have throat and sinus problems it gets scratchy too. Someone once told me I had a menacing tone in my voice.

Reactions: Killbain

·
Registered
299 Posts
Now that you mention it, lol. I do amateur dramatics, and the feedback I get from the audiences usually does include something positive about my voice - often blushworthy :p It surprised me very much - obviously, in my head it just doesn't sound like that! My voice has been described as rich, mesmerising, and one lady said if my voice were a food it would be cinnamon chocolate. I liked that one :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I get told my voice is very calming and soothing. Haha....weird.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm often told that I have a sweet voice that is pleasant and soothing. I have a friend who loves for me to read out loud to her, and sometimes she falls asleep to the sound of my voice. I think maybe that has something to do with my presence or our overall relationship, but she says it has to do with my voice.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
when im tired i can be very softly spoken but i can also have a very booming voice from Cadets XD, i personally hate my voice its somewhat coarse i believe but other people find it comforting which makes me hate my voice more XD

Reactions: Killbain

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
For a female, my voice is deep. I don't sound like a man or anything, it's not that low, but I've been told it's commanding, and that when I speak, people listen. It's not soft and quiet, nor is it loud and booming either. It's in the middle.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've been told I mumble and that I'm too soft spoken for most of my life. Always surprised when I hear myself in a recording. Sounds so different from what I think I sound like. Anyone else notice that with themselves? Or even seeing yourself on film (video, whatever it is nowadays) and thinking, "That's me?"

Edit: Women with sexy deep (for a woman) voices make me melt on the inside... I'm sure that I'm not the only one. :]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've noticed that INFJ's tend to have a low and soft speaking voice. I've been told that I have a maternal sounding voice that's very no nonsense. I mumble terribly and have wonky English pronunciation skills despite it being my first language. On a good day I sound like Mr.Rogers. On a bad day, my voice is incredibly husky and mildly threatening. I don't believe I actually sound like a girl and my INFJ guy friend has a voice too gentle to be considered 'manly'. I find that a little amusing because his girlfriend thinks he sounds like Eeyore. Anyone else have an interesting voice? If you want you can post recordings of yourself singing or talking. I guess this is an alternative for the people who don't want to post videos of themselves :crazy:. I'm curious about voices because like the ENFJ, INFJ's are capable of being good orators and can have compelling voices. I find it interesting that we can be so easily ignored and yet some of us can quiet a room with a quote said right...
My voice has been described as soft spoken too. My male coworkers tell me it's very pleasant; however, I often get told to speak louder by others. I mumble/slur my words alot. My friends call it the "pothead slur" (I don't do drugs). Some people have told me that it's probably due to my low self-esteem. I just tell people that it's public education. My phone voice is very high pitch like Minnie Mouse. It's definitely not an asset on voicemail and business calls. When I'm excited, of course, it's high pitched - like a young school girl. When I'm mad, there is no such thing as "inside voice." Oh, It most definitely BOOMS!!! My voice turns extremely loud, steady, and commanding like an army drill instructor. Oh yeah, I can definitely BARK!!! At concerts, I am that crazy screaming loud chick sitting behind you that you have to cover your ears with your hands...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow. This is really interesting. It seems like there are lots of INFJ women here who have low voices.

I have a low voice, indeterminate accent and am generally soft-spoken, according to others. I don't consider it soft, to me it's normal, it's not as if I'm whispering shyly, but I guess in the culture I'm in at the moment the default volume setting is quite a few notches higher. I think it's also that way because people are not so much used to waiting and listening and giving undivided attention to whoever's speaking. It's more expected that if you want to be heard you will raise your voice to gain ascendancy over all others who are speaking.

Quite a few people have complimented my voice. Probably because of the combination of low + unique + unexpected.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts