Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cause the more I try analyze the social interaction the more confused I gets.
Earlier I have never focused on the social, but now I start to get self awareness that I am really bad in social.
And have some other "symtoms" on asperger I am to tired mention, of the reasons is cause the message will be to long for you to read. But I tend to score high on asperger/autism tests on the internet, its not the same I have done, like 5-10 different, and 9 out of 10 it says I probably have autism/asperger, or having many symtoms to it (features).
But things like moving out from parents is really stressing my out, I might have to do it next year for an education I am interested in, but I am not sure if I am ready for it or are able to do it. Is it worth to do an investigation for asperger? I mean do it really help, or is it just long wait time and throw the money in the river?

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
Stop Worrying and Ask When in Doubt.

If social ques is what worries you, ask. Even Neurotypical people are as clueless about life as any other people and some have gone through several trial and errors to learn what to do in social circumstances.
If health is what worries you, invest on a regular medical check-up every 6 months even if you are not sick. Just go and get a full body examination to see if everything is good condition.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stop Worrying and Ask When in Doubt.

If social ques is what worries you, ask. Even Neurotypical people are as clueless about life as any other people and some have gone through several trial and errors to learn what to do in social circumstances.
If health is what worries you, invest on a regular medical check-up every 6 months even if you are not sick. Just go and get a full body examination to see if everything is good condition.
People already saying I am questioning much things, and found it annoying. Trying to not asking to many askions, even though I am very curious person.
One thing I have kinda problem with is show if I am serious or sarcastic. I often saying things I doesnt mean, but people believe I meant it by 100 %. And if someone asks something that I am not, I sometimes answer ofc, you know and try to sound unserious. They believe I am 100 % serious.
Often happened with the other side of the communication that I missunderstood if they was serious or just sarcastic. And often find it hard to know they joke but have learned to just fake laugh.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
Its quite simple. Just live your life. Don't think too much about it.
I could put up a list of personality disorders for myself aswell, but I refuse to.
Accept yourself the way you are, and alot of problems will solve itself.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Here's a tip. Try setting up a camera and recording yourself. We don't always give off the visual and audio cues we're trying to display. Seeing how you actually move and talk can be a real eye opener (I speak from experience).

There's sort of generic "you do you" advice that is often given nowadays. And it's good advice if you're not having issues, because we shouldn't have to constantly worry about perfection or appearances or the like. But you're posting this thread because you're already having problems. Ignoring those problems won't make them go away. It's up to you to take action, or live with those problems. I prefer the former.

Even if you don't have or don't want to look into Asperger's, there's more generic activities that can help with communication issues. When you're in college, you get to pick elective courses. Pick courses that force you to practice communication, public speaking, etc. Outside of school, you can look into things like improv classes, or just go into as many social situations as you can.

Social skills are like other types of skills. You can improve them with practice.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Who cares! If it isn't wrecking your life, then why worry about it? Just eat some chicken and go to bed! Done! Finito! Yatayatayatayatayata..........................

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
I thought I had asperger's for a few years. Now I know it was the first symptoms of fatigue syndrome and depression... which triggered general anxiety and severe depression in the end. A couple of years after seeking help and treatment I know for sure I'm quite neurotypical albeit weaker than average mentally (my delayed actions probably caused irreversible damage to my brain).

I do recommend hanging out with diagnosed aspies. Get on a forum, meet them in person if they have a get-together. They are awesome people tbh. :)

Reactions: BehindSmile

·
Registered
13 Posts
My ex has Asperger Syndrome, and in turn it was passed down to our son, who also received my gene ADHD, he's a very socially awkward butterfly at this point (13 years old) and all I can do is support him and try to explain to him the social cues of others, he likes rules, his rules mostly and I need to explain to him that there is no straight line, others are going to go faster, and you cannot control the game and force friends. He has one very good friend that I am grateful for, they are on the same intellectual level and his friend is very structured. My boy is a brilliant child, just needs some guidance, which he's getting in school and at home. It's not a bad thing to have, just different. Emotion is learned to those with Aspergers, and I feel I am teaching him the best way I can, through my INFJ-ness.

·
Registered
41 Posts
People already saying I am questioning much things, and found it annoying. Trying to not asking to many askions, even though I am very curious person.
One thing I have kinda problem with is show if I am serious or sarcastic. I often saying things I doesnt mean, but people believe I meant it by 100 %.
Please give some examples, because You might be an INFJ so often misunderstood by people, and his help, experssions and jokes foten are taken as a malice. How is Your emphaty level?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My ex has Asperger Syndrome, and in turn it was passed down to our son, who also received my gene ADHD, he's a very socially awkward butterfly at this point (13 years old) and all I can do is support him and try to explain to him the social cues of others, he likes rules, his rules mostly and I need to explain to him that there is no straight line, others are going to go faster, and you cannot control the game and force friends. He has one very good friend that I am grateful for, they are on the same intellectual level and his friend is very structured. My boy is a brilliant child, just needs some guidance, which he's getting in school and at home. It's not a bad thing to have, just different. Emotion is learned to those with Aspergers, and I feel I am teaching him the best way I can, through my INFJ-ness.
There is an interesting resarch that ADHD is caused by brain overstimulation provided by media, especially when child is exposed to them in his imprinting period (age 2,5 - 7 years).

Check this, and notice 11:20 how curiosity (motor of development) is killed by media.

Dimitri Christakis - Media and Children

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please give some examples, because You might be an INFJ so often misunderstood by people, and his experssions and jokes foten are taken as a malice. How is Your emphaty level?
Have hard to understand others feelings sometimes, and with conversations etc. For example I am trying to be normal, but everyone saying I am not normal and very different person from the norm.
Yes my jokes often gets misstaken as malice or that I am weird opinion on something when I am just sarcastic, but as I saying sometimes "if you cant joke about it, you cant take it seriously either". And many times expressing myself I saying it all wrong, and really overthinking things.
My empathy level is little bit under average I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have hard to understand others feelings sometimes, and with conversations etc. For example I am trying to be normal, but everyone saying I am not normal and very different person from the norm.....
It is possible to lern meaning of face expression

Generally look for "recognizing face expressions exercises aspergers". And that suppose to be put in Your automatic pilot (subsconcious mind) by proper excersises.

Girls in early stage of development (toddlers) lern to recognize face expression. It might be some problems in Your childhood, but anyway now only excercises are left.

As a general support breathing meditation - good for everybody.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're just looking for an excuse to be the way you are.
Hope you are trolling.
Im not normal, but if its might be avoidant personality disorder or asperger I dont know or none of it just an strange person idc, maybe I should check it out before.
But its much money it costs if you are an student.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I agree with getting an official diagnosis if it's possible to do so. In most places there's support for people with a diagnosis who are struggling with social areas.

Reactions: BehindSmile

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
Hope you are trolling.
Im not normal, but if its might be avoidant personality disorder or asperger I dont know or none of it just an strange person idc, maybe I should check it out before.
But its much money it costs if you are an student.
I'm not trolling. You try to medicalize or pathologize the unwanted aspects of your personalities to make people more willing to help you. You seek social protection by making people think you're handicapped and feel guilty for assuming that you're responsible for your own personality and behavior. Avoidant? Sure you are, and it's part of that strategy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not trolling. You try to medicalize or pathologize the unwanted aspects of your personalities to make people more willing to help you. You seek social protection by making people think you're handicapped and feel guilty for assuming that you're responsible for your own personality and behavior. Avoidant? Sure you are, and it's part of that strategy.
You never meet me in real life, so you have no clue how I am. Really hard judgments you doing with little facts.
Its more that I have heard life long from different people (independent) that I am not normal/asked if I have autism, and its not something that I just have come up with. Score high on asperger tests. Plus many traits can I relate to and on forums I am reading on asperger I can actually people I can relate. Have hard to relate to any mbti aswell. Sorta fix of many types.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.