Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused and so lost... when I think I've set my heart on something or someone that I really want and when I finally obtain that goal or that type of person I find myself not wanting it anymore???

The things I thought I wanted I don't and I almost never think too far ahead because it feels so foolish to me?? Its only the things I find the most difficult to obtain... that keeps my interests for a while, but after I have it... I lose interest quicker then it took to obtain it? :bored:

So I am sitting here asking myself what do I REALLY want?? Can anyone relate to this?

Also if you don't mind sharing... what do you really want??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Freedom! Over all else!
And yes, I can relate, so often I`ve pushed myself to the extremes just to get the things that I wanted then throwing them away like spoiled kid that found his new shiny toys to be boring. Like they say, often chasing the rabbit is more important for us than catching it. Buying a bike soon and I'm scared like hell that after careful choosing which one to get, I'll want the other one after 2 weeks.
Kinda sucks when dealing with people, we can sometimes do unimaginable things to get who we want, or make them do something for us, and we use the fact that others like us to get best deal possible.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freedom! Over all else!
And yes, I can relate, so often I`ve pushed myself to the extremes just to get the things that I wanted then throwing them away like spoiled kid that found his new shiny toys to be boring. Like they say, often chasing the rabbit is more important for us than catching it.
Oh yes freedom has always been something I want and would be severely depressed if I didn't have that!! Haha and why does that rabbit have to be so darn interesting??? I guess that why I have always LOVED Alice In Wonderland the best out of all the Disney's movies... lol :crazy:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
To be perfectly honest, I am not sure I know. My "path" seems to be constantly changing... and for the time being, I like it that way.

Ultimately though? I would have to say inner peace and freedom.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well I'm glad my OH didn't give up on me.:tongue:

Seriously, I can see this in him, drives me to the point of despair. Some of things that he's acquired over the years have endured as they get daily use. Once a toy goes into the boredom threshold it stays put away for months. I've learned to not give into his "begging" for a particular item for Christmas/birthday until a good few months have passed. Sometimes, he completely goes off the idea and moves on to something else.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I want to be happy and content with my life.
Also, a girl that loves me for me would be grand.

Reactions: spg565 and Gorjus

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm glad my OH didn't give up on me.:tongue:

Seriously, I can see this in him, drives me to the point of despair. Some of things that he's acquired over the years have endured as they get daily use. Once a toy goes into the boredom threshold it stays put away for months. I've learned to not give into his "begging" for a particular item for Christmas/birthday until a good few months have passed. Sometimes, he completely goes off the idea and moves on to something else.
Wow this sounds a lot like my need to have a new cell phone every 3 months... lol :crazy:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wow this sounds a lot like my need to have a new cell phone every 3 months... lol :crazy:
OMG don't get me started. Would you believe I only just got him his first mobile (after months of "hints" ha).....and 2 weeks later he was "hinting" at an upgrade...

I know as INTP I'm meant to be a tech nut, but a new gadget will keep me happy for months.

Reactions: Gorjus

·
Registered
50 Posts
Strange. My perfect mobile is an old Nokia 6310. It calls and sends sms's, and I can easily kill a person with it, what else do you need?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Aside from freedom, I have no clue.

I think I read a study once where it said humans are the worst out of the animal kingdom at knowing what's best for them. I seem to only want the ones/things I can't have, and the people who want me and things that I have I'm uninterested in. When I was younger, it'd always be a material item that I wanted but over the years I've grown out of that and now want things that are much more abstract, yet harder to obtain.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
well as ISFPs we love experiencing and getting new things so it makes since that we may want one thing this week but be bored right after we get it... i personally am terrible with money XD

i bought leg warmers the other day... its not like i will ever use them... but for some reason i really wanted them... i wish someone else would manage my money for me... :crying:

Reactions: Gorjus

·
Registered
450 Posts
Happiness. If I'm happy, then everything falls into place, right?

It's interesting that many of you mention freedom. As a recent college grad I'm finally free from studying and can choose to live and get a job wherever I want. I'm the most free I've ever been in my life...and yet it's not the great feeling I was expecting. Sometimes I wonder if we have too many choices today and that's why people struggle with their life purpose. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means conservative, but if everyone had a specific role to fit into in life would you learn how to make yourself happy after fitting into your role?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Strange. My perfect mobile is an old Nokia 6310. It calls and sends sms's, and I can easily kill a person with it, what else do you need?
Exactly. But he needs to be reminded of this else I get the puppy dog treatment. He understands this language, but it needs to be told it else he will grab hold of the idea and won't let go.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well as ISFPs we love experiencing and getting new things so it makes since that we may want one thing this week but be bored right after we get it... i personally am terrible with money XD

i bought leg warmers the other day... its not like i will ever use them... but for some reason i really wanted them... i wish someone else would manage my money for me... :crying:
Haha I swear I bought some last winter and still have yet to wear them?? They looked so cute on the rack...lol!!!

Also happiness is fine and dandy if I could find something that would actually keep me happy long enough... hmph... and the only thing that has come remotely close to that is FREEDOM!!!

I guess being rich might help too haha, I think being able to travel and do just about whatever I want would work just as well as the freedom thing but then again... being wealthy is the ultimate freedom!! :tongue:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think what i really wanted until now was to leave a mark on the people i met. It's a constant desire to be an example for those few persons i interact with and to be able to make them want to change. Does this mean that i have a way too good image of myself :unsure: ?

Oh, and the basic things that keep me optimistic are:
-having something interesting to read
-having my dear ones around
-being able to watch the sky
-being able to photograph, to draw,etc

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Haha I swear I bought some last winter and still have yet to wear them?? They looked so cute on the rack...lol!!!
Haha (yeah but its a little different cause im a guy XD so i actually wont ever wear them)

Happiness. If I'm happy, then everything falls into place, right?
Yes, agreed. Happiness is most definitely what i want most in life... for me and everyone else. =D

·
Registered
959 Posts
Reactions: spg565
1 - 20 of 37 Posts