Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm brand new here. After reading though a lot of threads on here, I decided to join and say hi. Seems like a friendly community. So my question is this: What do women see/value in INFJ men? I'd love to hear what you all think about this.

On another note, I was raised to believe that being sensitive was a female attribute and not something a male should have. I ended up feeling bad that I'm a sensitive person. Needless to say I was delighted to know there are others like me, regardless of how rare INFJ males are haha

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
What do women see/value in INFJ men? I'd love to hear what you all think about this.
Whatsup dude, welcome to the rarest and one of the most romantically frustrating types... the mantle of the INFJ male. :laughing:

What women love about us depends on the woman.

Favored INFJ male traits as I see them-

-The *grounded* INFJ male. (INFJs try to find their place in life. Those who come to peace with their place in life can attract women who aren't grounded... such as your more scatter-brained P types.)
- As INFJ men... we can keep up with the T types intellectually, but still remain F dominant. (My INTJ friend is amazed that despite the fact that I'm NiFe, that I can mince words with him on any number of philosophical subjects)
-The Passion of an INFJ man (We are very emotional... and in love, we are very passionate and romantic. Your proverbial, knight in shining armor.)

And of course... the last reason... but still very important

-The Exotic Factor... (We're an incredibly small percentage... we're rare and we're hard to find. This makes us mysterious... and some women just love mysterious... or "cracking us open".)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Browse around and look at threads, you will find it in there, this place is a wealth of information about INFJs but all of the answers are already inside of you, this place just helps expose them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
-The Exotic Factor... (We're an incredibly small percentage... we're rare and we're hard to find. This makes us mysterious... and some women just love mysterious... or "cracking us open".)
In some ways this is probably the most important point to remember... I try to remember it myself when I get all depressive and angsty.

Not everyone understands you. Actually, I would say most people don't understand you... But to a small group of people out there you are more special than anyone they've ever met. And gosh darnit, there's something pretty cool about that, isn't there?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Rock hard abs.

With metaphorical rock hard intellectual abs to match.

Yup.
Agreed. I would imagine (but have no supporting evidence) that a rugged and buff looking male that has a sensitive side would be a turn on for a woman. I do work out a lot but my romantic life is almost non-existent so I really can't say much about that.

Unfortunately, I have encountered a lot of flack coming from people of both sexes when it comes to being "sensitive" as well as being a male. Empathy is a wonderful trait, but sometimes I have to just simply ignore it and be a hardliner on certain issues. However, that's is something I've really had to work towards and haven't fully gotten used to yet.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Have you read the many faces of INFJ article? The Many Faces of INFJ - INTP Forum
It's like having a professor, an actor, a revolutionary, and a snake charmer all rolled into one person with a sensitive loving heart to add to the top. What girl wouldn't go for that?? :tongue:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
They make my heart go flip flop. Except the womanizers and I could care less about them. And then I met an INFJ man that was totally nuts and I did not care for him. But normal INFJ's make me go WOW!

To me they are as cute a spotted kitten.

·
Banned
588 Posts
What do women see/value in INFJ men? I'd love to hear what you all think about this.

Ooh! *raises hand* I dated an INFJ guy, so I have really nice things to say about you all.

I think the hardest thing about the relationships was that he never believed that I really liked him. The biggest trouble about the two of us was that I always had to be the one taking all the risks.

Also, unlike the ENFJ guy who I was involved with, he wasn't comfortable using his Fe. Maybe he felt that, coupled with the kind of airy nature of Ni, it was too effeminate. Uh. My ENFJ friend, on the other hand, had no problem behaving flamboyantly, but was afraid of appearing too thoughtful.

It was really nice and comfortable though, we really just clicked. We could talk really easily and understand each other without having to go into any detailed, labyrinthine explanations.

There's this guy I work with now who I also thinks is INFJ. It's cute, he thinks he has to be all tough and all, but not so deep down, he's in fact really sensitive.

I get a lot of shit for being a "masculine" or supposedly independent women -- and I'm not, I just like to step back from the nurturing role from time to time. But I hear that it's even more ostracizing to be considered an effeminate man.

*shrugs* When I'm with someone I like being able to shift the traditionally specified gender roles around a little. I get tired of being viewed a certain way all the time, it's nice to be able to leave that behind.

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
I'll be downvoted or ignored, but women typically wont find much of anything attractive about an INFJ. The lack of confidence and esteem damns us from the start.
I have to disagree on that one. I've had at least a few girls show signs of being attracted to me. I've just been too scared to take action. Hopefully that will change with time. :mellow:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
My boyfriend is also an INFJ. I like his sensitivity, philosophical thinking, desire to help other people and the environment, and ability to come up with interesting ideas.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Stable.. Know it alls, who know when her birthday is and like to cuddle and talk. What more can a woman ask for. Depending on the woman.. now days INFJs can be a real prize. Think: Effeminate type who is quiet yet strong like that one dude in Twilight..

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Stable.. Know it alls, who know when her birthday is and like to cuddle and talk. What more can a woman ask for. Depending on the woman.. now days INFJs can be a real prize. Think: Effeminate type who is quiet yet strong like that one dude in Twilight..
Ah God, what have you done! Don't compare us to him >_>

Aside from the end there, though, I agree. INFJ men are soulful... spiritual... yet at the same time very hardened individuals. It's an odd mix of sensitive and strong. (Wow... I better stop writing before my ego gets out of hand)

·
Registered
544 Posts
lol... I do not mean to step on toes yall..
I am NOT saying Edward is INFJ. I am saying some extroverted females may compare you to him.

This had nothing to do with the topic.. I am shamed into the corner.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
lol... I do not mean to step on toes yall..
I am NOT saying Edward is INFJ. I am saying some extroverted females may compare you to him.

This had nothing to do with the topic.. I am shamed into the corner.
It's cool man :tongue:

Maybe that'd be a good sell for some of our single INFJs... so they'd get mobbed by Twihards... maybe it'd work for them.. but not for me >_>

1 - 20 of 37 Posts