Personality Cafe banner

What do you admire about other personality types?

[INTJ] 
2K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Sela 
#1 ·
Just to make a counterweight for other the other thread, but I got a feeling it will not do! :rapture:

Reactions: Squirt
#3 ·
an infp is the best to have around when you're feeling like misery loves company.

an intj because quite a few find being challenged a turn on. . . a bit of lust and hate makes for fun times indeed. . . and it doesn't hurt when their dirty talk looks more like the debate forum instead of fifty shades of tubby

#5 · (Edited)
IP: Boldness or creativity, can be great advisors
EP: Will power or creativity, can be great actor or enactors
EJ: Motivation, can be great managers

INTJs can be great charter/builders but the type is a hit-and-miss ie. Nicolas Tesla hit it by standing for the Freethinker by excellence.

The type I would admire most is ENTJ. I'm amazed at what some ENTJs have accomplished.

#7 ·
i respect people who are just inherently more diffuse and more general in their niceness than me. i 'm nice, but i tend to be very specific and focused about it and leave the rest of the community to a sort of mutual non-interference contract. the ability to sustain a more wide-angle, warmer sort of approach is a thing i notice in other people. don't have the patience to operate in that mode, but i know it's a good thing they're there.

i admire conscientiousness too. i 'm pretty hit-and-miss on that one.

#9 ·
Extroversion. I could get so much more accomplished if I were outgoing and personable and liked people. Fucking bastards.

#11 ·
A list of the idiosyncrasies I adore
  • I like the high Ti's ability to really dig down into the details and have the patience/motivation to do it thoroughly.
  • Ti as a high capacity information sponge is highly admirable
  • High Ne limitless imagination/creativity
  • Dominant Te's ability to give absolutely zero fucks when it comes to getting things done that people won't like. I have 85% of their potential but gawtdamn there really are times when being a little more eyes on the prize and a little less Fi would really benefit me and make executing tasks easier.
  • Conversely, Si sense of duty because there are also times when I feel like maybe I'm being a little too 'looking out for #1' and I probably come off as psychopathic to some (in fact, I know I do)
  • Oddly, most high Si people I know have an amazing motivation to clean and are impressive with a vacuum
  • xSFPs are so much fun and I wish I knew more of them but between my hermit tendencies and their comparable hermiting (Is) or going out (Es) I don't seem to come across many :laughing: they're the perfect intersection of entertaining and fun as well as respecting my person

#13 ·
[INDENT said:
  • Dominant Te's ability to give absolutely zero fucks when it comes to getting things done that people won't like. I have 85% of their potential but gawtdamn there really are times when being a little more eyes on the prize and a little less Fi would really benefit me and make executing tasks easier.
  • Conversely, Si sense of duty because there are also times when I feel like maybe I'm being a little too 'looking out for #1' and I probably come off as psychopathic to some (in fact, I know I do)
  • Oddly, most high Si people I know have an amazing motivation to clean and are impressive with a vacuum
[/INDENT]
Organizing? Yes. Cleaning? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

My office is pretty much chaos, although I know where most things are at within about a minute of being asked. Good luck to the "bull in china shop" types, though... because they will (and have) stumbled over my shit. I can't help it that they are 9'20" and I'm 5'3" and I maintain my office accordingly (actually the two that come in here and basically fall over shit are about 6'1" and 6'4"), which leads to my next thing...

I constantly/internally debate whether I actually lead with Si- or Te-; this ^ ^ ^ is just one of many examples. If you stumble around, it's not my problem unless you mess up my shit, and then it becomes YOUR problem because I do expect you to fix whatever it is that you knocked over or otherwise messed up, and will give them the stink eye if they don't.

My car isn't "immaculate/white glove" like I see a lot of people have, but there isn't any trash in it (plastic bag for that). Rocks, leaves, etc., from outside? I'll get them out whenever I get around to going to the car wash, and I usually give the inside a good wipedown about twice a year.

#21 ·
I think there's a big difference between organized and clean. I'm very bad at organizing and I don't enjoy cleaning, but my spaces are very clean and very badly organized. Anyone going through my system of organization has laughed at me. But I make it work. I don't live in cluttered spaces. I throw out a lot of things, mostly because I don't know where I would put them.

#18 ·
i admire people who can just look at things with a wide-angle lens without intrinsically wanting to categorise and identify them. i don't say either is 'better', but it's so different from my own tendency to engage with everything and sort of mentally personalize it, it fascinates me sometimes that there's this different way.

#19 ·
i admire people who can just look at things with a wide-angle lens without intrinsically wanting to categorise and identify them.
... and organize them (and in a certain way that is "right", because other ways are "wrong")
... and by "wrong", I mean in my own mind and I consistently impress and vex people simultaneously over this because of "how do you expect to find it if you don't (fill in the blank with method)?" that just automatically pops out when people just put stuff away wherever... lbvs

#22 · (Edited)
IJs

ISFJs can make some of the best support persons, also about Kim Kardashian both her mix of kindness and naughtiness makes her highly attractive.

INFJ can sometime write like a Nobel prize winner. Also Elisabeth Moss stands as my favourite INFJ actress ie. in the The Invisible Man. She kind of stands for her type as an actress.

ISTJ is one of the rare type I can sometime trust fully with data.
For instance I really admire Cal Newport who is ISTJ for his advice about career and success. He really goes a long way to get the facts right.

Reactions: Sela
#24 ·
I like to observe and even sometimes become enmeshed in the passion of types with more Fi than me.
I like to observe and learn thing from all S types

But ... anyone who is different from me is going to teach me something. I can't really limit it to one or two types.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.