Personality Cafe banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
You're a 6... I think it's fair to say that you can read deeper into things than most... especially being an sx/sp c:
Perhaps. I'm also in a relationship with an INTJ so I'm not afraid of delving into the land of Ni-Te every now and then, he's helped develop/bring out that side of me.

On a side note, two of my best friends are also ESFPs and I would definitely not describe them as vulnerable to manipulation. Fuck, you gotta try your damn hardest just to get them to sit down in one place let alone attempt to control them. ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
When manipulating an ESFP it doesn't look like we have control over them :p Proper wordplay will get them to perform TONS OF ACTIONS- that we put into their heads c:

This is really derailing the thread... sorry... :eek:

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,487 Posts
Usually, successful manipulation involves the offer of chocolate...

When manipulating an ESFP it doesn't look like we have control over them :p Proper wordplay will get them to perform TONS OF ACTIONS- that we put into their heads c:

This is really derailing the thread... sorry... :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, my brother is an INFJ which is an interesting mix with me. We grate each other though alot though, we can often go together in a project to create something like a song or some music, or a funny video. My biggest peve with INFJ's is that they jump from one project to the next without ever finishing anything. This includes writing a book, learning an instrument, singing ect... Although Ne might be different. I dunno. Me on the other hand, I focus on Music, and Visual Art. Though I have trouble consistently working at the two. So we process things VERY differently yet somehow agree on a lot. We both love puppies and cute things for example.

·
Banned
5,472 Posts
I like the derailing. I love a debate :)
My experience with Se-Fi is that ESFPs are not easily manipulated, because they can tell in an instant if someone is being sincere and authentic or is just trying to control them or get them to do stuff, but they can be easily influenced by the people they choose to surround themselves with, because they're so open to different ways of seeing things, that it's easy for them to take on a lot of the traits and ideas of the people around them. This is what I've seen from the outside, though. Not sure what it's like from an ESFPs experience.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like the derailing. I love a debate :)
My experience with Se-Fi is that ESFPs are not easily manipulated, because they can tell in an instant if someone is being sincere and authentic or is just trying to control them or get them to do stuff, but they can be easily influenced by the people they choose to surround themselves with, because they're so open to different ways of seeing things, that it's easy for them to take on a lot of the traits and ideas of the people around them. This is what I've seen from the outside, though. Not sure what it's like from an ESFPs experience.
Well unless I'm an ENFP instead of ESFP, this couldn't be super accurate. I usually can tell if someone isn't being genuine though I don't know about wanting to adopt other's beliefs and ideas. I usually like to throw mine around, my opinion and such rather blatantly in a thinking outloud sort of way, though I do it in a way that doesn't offend anyone, the last thing I want to do is hurt someone. However, I have found myself being influenced by people I'm around alot, but ONLY by people who I think are interesting. I'm not influenced by someone boring such as a Jock. You have to remember that as an ESFP, we might just appear to others as accepting other's beliefs when really we're just trying to create harmony by acting like we do. I know I've done this with some of my other friends. I have one who I think is an ESFP too, he constantly tries to outdo me, everything I say, he says he knows about, or he does something better. It's annoying but I put up with it in order to make him feel like I care, I guess. When he makes a big mistake like saying something that is obviously a lie, I just ignore it and talk about something else.

I also think you got one thing half-right. I am not so much open to adopting other's beliefs as I am effortlessly empathizing with people, though I rarely show it. For example, someone could be very rude to me, and I will be hurt or irritated, but I'll probably be able to just think about the fact that they might have just lost someone, or have been in stress all day. May'be this is an ENFP thing? I dunno, I'm still on the border between the two.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well unless I'm an ENFP instead of ESFP, this couldn't be super accurate. I usually can tell if someone isn't being genuine though I don't know about wanting to adopt other's beliefs and ideas. I usually like to throw mine around, my opinion and such rather blatantly in a thinking outloud sort of way, though I do it in a way that doesn't offend anyone, the last thing I want to do is hurt someone. However, I have found myself being influenced by people I'm around alot, but ONLY by people who I think are interesting. I'm not influenced by someone boring such as a Jock. You have to remember that as an ESFP, we might just appear to others as accepting other's beliefs when really we're just trying to create harmony by acting like we do. I know I've done this with some of my other friends. I have one who I think is an ESFP too, he constantly tries to outdo me, everything I say, he says he knows about, or he does something better. It's annoying but I put up with it in order to make him feel like I care, I guess. When he makes a big mistake like saying something that is obviously a lie, I just ignore it and talk about something else.

I also think you got one thing half-right. I am not so much open to adopting other's beliefs as I am effortlessly empathizing with people, though I rarely show it. For example, someone could be very rude to me, and I will be hurt or irritated, but I'll probably be able to just think about the fact that they might have just lost someone, or have been in stress all day. May'be this is an ENFP thing? I dunno, I'm still on the border between the two.
It does sound kinda more NF to me. The parts about harmony and "effortlessly empathizing." But that's just my impression based on those things. Do you tend to jump from idea to idea a lot? Or do you focus more on one thing and go hardcore on that, shutting everything else out?

·
Registered
350 Posts
It does sound kinda more NF to me. The parts about harmony and "effortlessly empathizing." But that's just my impression based on those things. Do you tend to jump from idea to idea a lot? Or do you focus more on one thing and go hardcore on that, shutting everything else out?
When I'm talking, I go from idea to idea very quickly. I tend to focus on Music and Art but I dabble in alot of things in the mean time. Effortlessly empathizing might have been a little off. I mean that if someone is sad, or upset it makes me feel the same way. Unless I see it as something stupid but even then I do a little bit. Now one thing I can't do is express my feeling verbally, it always comes off as sounding fake.

However, a big reason I don't think I'm NF is that my senses are very powerful to me and prominent. I can't ignore anything that I physically feel such as pain, hunger, cold, hot ect... Also I don't think about other's problems all the time, I'm more into being silly or talking about interesting things in a small talk way. Though dunno if this means anything but some said ENFP's are people who understand metaphors and talk in them sometimes. I have found myself putting lots of weird metaphors when I try to write a song. And by that I mean 90 percent is metaphors because I think they sound cool. Would an ESFP do this?

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,487 Posts
I just took a short, very vague test, called "How rare is your personality type," and I got enfj! LOL. But when I saw, "How rare is your personality type," I was not too thrilled because all I could think of were steaks cooking on a grill, and I didn't want to be dinner. But I digress (in a most bizarre and cannibalistic way) and am contemplating a future as a vegetarian.
Oh my. I am random. What personality type is prone to this sort of stream of consciousness type of conversation...
And I am sitting inside because it is raining and glooming and not looking like it's Christmas-ing.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Manipulate an ESFP?

Incentive.

Then again, what kind of beneficiary actions do not involve incentive? It just seems moreso with ESFPs. Protip: make it about them, if they know you are benefitting from it, make sure they know that the both of you are benefiting, and act normal, like it's all good.

Of course I've never done this, nor will I ever manipulate any of my ESFP friends.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am an ENFJ in a new relationship with an ESFP. Could someone please tell me why all the warning sings??
I can't find anything on the internet explaining the dynamics of this relationship. From what I can tell, we naturally communicate very differently but I can't place my finger on how- we just have had a multitude of misunderstandings. The thing is though is that we are both very focused on resolving these issues and try extra hard to communicate.

On the surface we look similar, we are extroverts with similar interests and friends. But does anyone have any advice on how to get along with an ESFP as an ENFJ? What do you esfp's generally think of us? Why should I watch out?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
But does anyone have any advice on how to get along with an ESFP as an ENFJ?
In theory, since you both share Extraverted Sensing and you have hopefully developed it quite well, I suggest that you focus on what is immediately tangible. Action-oriented activities such as sports or working out should provoke a stronger bond and the same goes with eating delicious food. If you are looking for something deeper, then you are going to need to find out how to connect with the personal values (Fi) and goals (Ni) of your ESFP. Logically speaking, it would be best to converse until you reach that point in your discussion in which you "know" that you can go further into his mind, if your Fe and Ni hasn't already picked up on plenty of it. Knowing the theoretical talents ENFJs are supposed to possess and when you "know" the time is right, perhaps you can even help him further his talents towards a larger cause (developing his inferior Ni) and focus on how he can practically apply them (Te).

·
Registered
6,075 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am an ENFJ in a new relationship with an ESFP. Could someone please tell me why all the warning sings??
I can't find anything on the internet explaining the dynamics of this relationship. From what I can tell, we naturally communicate very differently but I can't place my finger on how- we just have had a multitude of misunderstandings. The thing is though is that we are both very focused on resolving these issues and try extra hard to communicate.

On the surface we look similar, we are extroverts with similar interests and friends. But does anyone have any advice on how to get along with an ESFP as an ENFJ? What do you esfp's generally think of us? Why should I watch out?
Thanks!!
The best real life love story i ever know was of ENFJ - ESFP!!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts