Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As simple, personal or complex as you like :)
We all know a lot of infjs tend to have problems revolving around going out and reaching for what they want for themselves so I figure it'd be a nice question to place here for everyone to express that part of themselves they tend to bury.

Write about anything really, as shallow or deep and meaningful as you wish!
You can even write what might be stopping you if you like.

As for me, right in this moment, I'm craving an intimate connection with myself, through movement, dance and self-expression, and to a lesser extent to express that through and with someone.

What's stopping me?
Usually my sensitivity to other people in social situations and my natural empathy towards others. Been working on these for a while and have made a lot of progress, even though I can't tell if things have changed in the last month or two when I have made more dramatic choices.
The last few years dictate that things do change, having come from me being a complete social recluse without friends (with black-out/panic attack level social anxiety) to being one of the most playful/expressive people in a group of strangers at times, and ever more often as time passes.

What do you crave? Or have craved for a long time?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm craving right now and for a long time to cuddle with a special someone.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I often crave for chips. That was the theme of yesterevening.

What's stopping me? Common sense. :laughing: Not another bag, not yet.

I'm also wondering why is it that my number one way to escape stress is to seek out females to obsess over. It must be a craving since it's so systematic.

What's stopping me from, uh, not seeking? I'm not sure. Rational thinking turns off when emotion takes over. Wish I knew.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Definitely a certain someone at the moment. (stopped by difficult circumstances. darn you feelings, you really know how to pick challenges!!)

Dark chocolate. (stopped by the fact that I don't have any with me right here right now)

To really play my violin again. (stopped by this craziness that is the time/life consuming architecture major)

A nice drive out on some windy roads. (same as above)

A better design solution. (maybe what I have now isn't all that bad, other people like it. I've just been feeling down about a lot of things lately, and that goes for my designs too)

Sleep. (stopped by studio and research and feelings and etc. etc.)

Reactions: zKyuu

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also wondering why is it that my number one way to escape stress is to seek out females to obsess over. It must be a craving since it's so systematic.

What's stopping me from, uh, not seeking? I'm not sure. Rational thinking turns off when emotion takes over. Wish I knew.
Oh that does relieve a huge amount of stress haha xD
Even if I'm obsessing over them in a friendly way :3 I think it balances out my more stoic tendencies and allows me to express more positive emotions. I do tend to be more proactive and productive while in an obsession in other areas of life as if I have more energy for some reason, but it took about a year of practice before I could 'rational' with any obsession at all, still learning to do it better :)
I wonder why I don't obsess over other things anymore though?

I think I crave females to obsess over because I partly don't like focusing on myself and I look for deep and meaningful connections with others, which is easier with women than men because men are generally too guarded with a tendency to intellectualise everything.

@Snowflake Minuet
The difficulties of a modern world for sensitive souls. I hope you get some time to yourself over the holidays if you can :) (Or make time either way)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Love and physical affection.
Right now as much as deep down.

It was all I ever wanted in my life, but life decided to withhold it from me for some reason.
Perhaps so that I can appreciate it more if I experience later on. I hope.

Or maybe reality is just a cruel joke, or just purely random, implementing desires in individuals that those individuals are unable to reach.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am craving at least a full week of perfect solitude.... but life is such that I can barely have a few hours to myself. I am exhausted from a bunch of well meaning people thinking they are helping me but end up being a bigger burden, even if I've told them I need time to myself....
and also raw cookie dough, weed and sheperd's pie..... also seeing Thor Ragnarok for my superhero fix :tongue:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Right now: Money and a sexual relationship ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deep down: A lot but I'll just say to get rid of my social anxiety

·
Banned
20,076 Posts
a sexual relationship ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What do you mean by that?

Most 'relationships' are sexual, so I assume that you mean a relationship purely for sex and nothing else, although the same could be said for most relationships in that sense too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most 'relationships' are sexual, so I assume that you mean a relationship purely for sex and nothing else, although the same could be said for most relationships in that sense too.
When I use the word relationship people I talk to know I'm not talking about only the romantic or sexual ones (I'm not sure if I hint at it in some way or they just know because of context), it encompasses any social connection you have, with more emphasis on the closer ones.

..And I have a lot of close, meaningful relationships with people. The word friend with my feelings behind it really means that I believe we get along well and I have allowed myself to pour a significant amount of myself into it. Which generally means I love and care about them- as well as get along naturally in their company without having to put up a facade or hide too many facets of myself.

I think infjs tend to be explicit in public and implicit with people they're close to, to minimise misunderstandings.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Companionship. I miss just being able to hang out with someone and relax with them that can also move into an intimate level as the day progresses.

·
Banned
3,318 Posts
Someone I can actually respect/admire to a degree. Some kind of mentor figure, I suppose.

It seems like all the people who are supposed to be "above" me are idiots, and I'm pretty tired of it. What I'd give to be able to work for someone who I can look up to, if only a little.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Understanding.
Acceptance.
Unconditional love.
To protect and be protected.
All of the things I would give willingly to 'her' if she came into my life.

Evidently the impossible.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Fame, power, and companionship/fellowship. Not asking for much, am I?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts