Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure threads like this have appeared before but I didn't see any on the stickies and contrary to what my account says I'm a very old PersonalityCafe user. I lost my old account (trying to get it back) due to my email being hacked but my point is most of you I talk to were not the crew in 2008 and I don't know what you do in life.

So some questions and then I'll answer:

Line of work/school/vocation:
Highest level of school finished?:
Are you working in your desired career?:
What previous jobs have you held?:
What could you be if ANYTHING?:

Line of work/school/vocation: Marketing & Corporate Trainer (my title is the most ENFP: "Development Manager")
Highest level of school finished?: Bachelors in Psychology, Certificate of Marketing and Sales
Are you working in your desired career?: Definitely, I literally wrote my own job.
What previous jobs have you held?: Assistant Nursery Manager (at a garden center), English teacher.
What could you be if ANYTHING?: Actor

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Line of work/school/vocation: IT sector / software engineering & leading projects
Highest level of school finished?: Bachelors in Maths
Are you working in your desired career?: Yep, pretty much. Can't think of much better alternatives as it gives my brain enough stimuli and allows to work both independently and as teams
What previous jobs have you held?: Different roles and projects but so far always on the same area of job
What could you be if ANYTHING?: Maybe a philosopher or psychologist if I could make enough living with that :)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Currently I'm a lazy ass. Might have a job on the horizon though.

I'm a 3D character artist who has worked within games only so far.

My degree? Computer Games Art BA.

What would I do? I don't know. Ideally I'd have a job where I can be artistic, moderately famous (enough that people are interested enough to hear what I have to say) and travel the world a lot and meet new interesting people for the job and work on my own schedule. I'm sure there's a perfect career out there for me but I might never find it.

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,981 Posts
Currently I'm a lazy ass. Might have a job on the horizon though.

I'm a 3D character artist who has worked within games only so far.

My degree? Computer Games Art BA.

What would I do? I don't know. Ideally I'd have a job where I can be artistic, moderately famous (enough that people are interested enough to hear what I have to say) and travel the world a lot and meet new interesting people for the job and work on my own schedule. I'm sure there's a perfect career out there for me but I might never find it.
Book illustrator? Movie scene drafter?

I'm in the middle of getting my degree in architecture and the built environment. Would probably concentrate my efforts later on on sustainable (landscape)architecture.

What could you be if ANYTHING?
A peaceful revolutionary, working towards changing people's relations with each other and with nature.

·
Registered
15,703 Posts
Line of work/school/vocation: I run a family child practice/play base preschool

Highest level of school finished?: first year law school - bachelor in political science at Santa Clara University
Are you working in your desired career?: yes
What previous jobs have you held?: preschool teacher, paralegal secretary for a public defending office, freelance columnist, server during my college years-
What could you be if ANYTHING?: my current job is something that I put a lot of value and effort in - I'm barely starting though -
However to answer your question- film critic or playwright

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Line of work/school/vocation: Native English Teacher.

Highest level of school finished?: Master of Divinity in Church in the City.

Are you working in your desired career?: It'll do for now. Overall, I enjoy it. Some days are just nuts.

What previous jobs have you held?: Radio Announcer, Library Page, Cashier, Barista, Magician's Assistant, Pastor.

What could you be if ANYTHING?: Missional Church Planter.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Line of work/school/vocation: I run a family child practice/play base preschool

Highest level of school finished?: first year law school - bachelor in political science at Santa Clara University
Are you working in your desired career?: yes
What previous jobs have you held?: preschool teacher, paralegal secretary for a public defending office, freelance columnist, server during my college years-
What could you be if ANYTHING?: my current job is something that I put a lot of value and effort in - I'm barely starting though -
However to answer your question- film critic or playwright

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's really cool! I would have liked to read your writing.
@Ttalkkugjil Awesome set of jobs!

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
1. MBA with a Marketing/Advertising Major
2. Yes.
3. News Reporter/Writer, Associate Producer, Marketing Manager, Associate Project Manager, Business Development Manager. On the side I've done photography, political blogging, managed a sex blog.
4. A Father. It's something I look forward to quite a lot. I enjoy my current "job" as a housewife. I spent 12 years in various unfulfilling positions to the point of burnout and mental breakdown. This is the most fulfilled I've ever felt in my life.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. MBA with a Marketing/Advertising Major
2. Yes.
3. News Reporter/Writer, Associate Producer, Marketing Manager, Associate Project Manager, Business Development Manager. On the side I've done photography, political blogging, managed a sex blog.
4. A Father. It's something I look forward to quite a lot. I enjoy my current "job" as a housewife. I spent 12 years in various unfulfilling positions to the point of burnout and mental breakdown. This is the most fulfilled I've ever felt in my life.
That's sweet. Who's the girl in the photo? I miss the Dua Lipa gif ;)

9,999 Posts
Line of work?
Freelance translator.

Highest level of school finished?
College dropout.

Are you working in your desired career?
No.

What previous jobs have you held?
Farm hand on a strawberry farm, timber salesman, cave guide, export manager for industrial ventilation solutions, museum guard, interpreter, pensions officer, language teacher, assistant lecturer.

What could you be if ANYTHING?
Omnipotent. Oh, you mean career-wise? A moderately successful writer - enough to not have to worry about money, not famous enough to get recognised on the street or invited to talk shows.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I mean it I'll probably change but.
I have finished high school
Not yet actually working in my desired career
Training in dance every day, have been dancing a lot in my life have gotten a job offer but it might stay something I like doing and not a job.
For now I've been interested lately in getting into contemporary circus arts, especially trampoline acrobatics, being already a dancer
Jobs I have worked: babysitting, tutoring, bringing tourists around my city with an app
For the distant future I can see myself being an elementary school teacher. I don't know though if I feel that motivated to do it. I did enjoy pretending to be one when I was a kid

·
Registered
245 Posts
I mean it I'll probably change but.
I have finished high school
Not yet actually working in my desired career
Training in dance every day, have been dancing a lot in my life have gotten a job offer but it might stay something I like doing and not a job.
For now I've been interested lately in getting into contemporary circus arts, especially trampoline acrobatics, being already a dancer
Jobs I have worked: babysitting, tutoring, bringing tourists around my city with an app
For the distant future I can see myself being an elementary school teacher. I don't know though if I feel that motivated to do it. I did enjoy pretending to be one when I was a kid
oh, I forgot. Right now if I could be anything... Maybe I'd be a boxing champion cause I'm pissed for personal reasons and I need to vent some anger out) jk. Idk I mean, I think I would be an artist that colors the world and I would make beautiful creations, or I would fight against things that I feel are not right, I would punch the bad guys... honestly at times I feel that if I were free I would just run around to physically fight bad people, I don't wanna kill anyone but get the bad guys off the streets... all the guys that bother women, or just bad people, maybe I would go and be a lawyer Idk

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh, I forgot. Right now if I could be anything... Maybe I'd be a boxing champion cause I'm pissed for personal reasons and I need to vent some anger out) jk. Idk I mean, I think I would be an artist that colors the world and I would make beautiful creations, or I would fight against things that I feel are not right, I would punch the bad guys... honestly at times I feel that if I were free I would just run around to physically fight bad people, I don't wanna kill anyone but get the bad guys off the streets... all the guys that bother women, or just bad people, maybe I would go and be a lawyer Idk
From what you've written I think you're pretty young, perhaps ~20 and I want you to know as a fellow ENFP that you likely will change jobs and entire careers several times. And that's OK - do not let others tell you it's wrong, inefficient, etc. Such changes are part of our adaptive nature.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I'm torn with the whole jumping from one career to the next. I want to explore many different facets of life and I don't want to get stuck in a job that I'm just bearing with because it's not bad but it's not inspiring. And yet I have a bucket list of things I want to active within a specific career that I never will if I jump ship. How do we know what to do or when to settle?

Reactions: Moby

·
Registered
15,703 Posts
I'm torn with the whole jumping from one career to the next. I want to explore many different facets of life and I don't want to get stuck in a job that I'm just bearing with because it's not bad but it's not inspiring. And yet I have a bucket list of things I want to active within a specific career that I never will if I jump ship. How do we know what to do or when to settle?
I didn't know until 29 - for me it's more along the line of passion and values- after having my son I became invested in early childhood education and through that I've learned about the attachment stage and how child abuse/neglect can effect a child when they grow up to be adults. So I decided that I wanted to open up a family child practice/school that focuses on the whole child .
I also have a passion for acting /arts crafts/literature and science project- hence I made my school play base - I strongly believe that children learn through play - so instead of memorizing numbers for math - we learn it through action - each month i create a different theme- whether it be invention month - learn about great artist - construction etc etc and it keeps my Ne running - it's also beneficial for me to be closer to my kids ( I run it in my own home ) my estp son loves that he gets to play leadership role and my introverted daughter is able to socialize more :)
I think it takes a while and nothing is wrong with that - I mean i jumped career non stop before then

Have you seen this https://www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wa...n_t_have_one_true_calling/up-next?language=en

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,506 Posts
Line of work/school/vocation: Linguistics & languages [incoming masters' student + language tutor]
Highest level of school finished?: Going back for an MA in Linguistics, have a BA in [linguistics lol!]
Are you working in your desired career?: I mean, yeah? -ish. I do enjoy language education a lot, not sure if the academic side won't eclipse that enthusiasm once I hit the books again.
What previous jobs have you held?: nothing off-campus; ambassador positions, tutoring positions, managerial positions.
What could you be if ANYTHING?: What I wouldn't give to be a quiet academic changing the world under everyone's radar but with no rush and hurry and raising a few children in a lovely secluded cottage in the Scottish Highlands.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Line of work/school/vocation:
Full Stack Software Engineer, currently in a team leadership role and working remotely.

Highest level of school finished?:
High School dropout, then 2 years associates. I've been working professionally since I was 19.

Are you working in your desired career?:
It's not a bad place to be, it's financially rewarding and I find a lot of the challenges engaging. But, no, I don't think it's my desired career.

What previous jobs have you held?:
I've been doing this for a very long time, while doing schooling I had jobs like being an assistant at a library institution (loved that), grocery store checker, fast food. There was a weird stint during a technical specialty and location change where I was a janitor at a glassblowing shop.

What could you be if ANYTHING?:
Something more creative. If I could start all over again, like from being young, I'd probably like to have been a writer. But now, I'm thinking of pivoting to being involved somehow in the Maker community as well as being a software developer.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I didn't know until 29 - for me it's more along the line of passion and values- after having my son I became invested in early childhood education and through that I've learned about the attachment stage and how child abuse/neglect can effect a child when they grow up to be adults. So I decided that I wanted to open up a family child practice/school that focuses on the whole child .
I also have a passion for acting /arts crafts/literature and science project- hence I made my school play base - I strongly believe that children learn through play - so instead of memorizing numbers for math - we learn it through action - each month i create a different theme- whether it be invention month - learn about great artist - construction etc etc and it keeps my Ne running - it's also beneficial for me to be closer to my kids ( I run it in my own home ) my estp son loves that he gets to play leadership role and my introverted daughter is able to socialize more :)
I think it takes a while and nothing is wrong with that - I mean i jumped career non stop before then

Have you seen this https://www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wa...n_t_have_one_true_calling/up-next?language=en
Ooh, yes I have! But it's nice to be reminded of it! Sometimes I watch TED talks and feel really inspired... and then I forget about it next week and go back to the same old comforts and beliefs... I should go back to listening to TED talks whilst working.

I know what my passions are but I need a job that can satisfy so many contradictions in my dreams... like stability and freedom and travel and home and private yet social... bleh.

Reactions: Moby and ai.tran.75

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You'll know when:

-You're happy to go to work on a Monday
-Every day is inspirational or a challenge
-The position is dynamic
-You feel you have a great work/life balance
-You feel what you do has meaning and an impact on others

1 - 20 of 36 Posts