Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Read Only
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often research things I'm interested in or don't know about. I also draw and read psychology books. And then there's that set aside time of the day that is dedicated to Oreos. Mmmmmm. What do other INTPs do?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hullo. I have a fuckload of spare time, most of it is spent wiki-hopping or documentary watching. I prefer to passively absorb random information as opposed to actively researching a specific subject. If i'm feeling communal i'll hit the bong with my flatmates, now that takes the tastiness of oreos and milk to the next level man. I'm starting to feel a bit inactive though, i think i need a sport, something testosterone-y.

Reactions: Strelok

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Reading/talking about what interests me at the moment.
Following and discussing the NFL.
Playing the guitar and a few other instruments.
Working out.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I often research things I'm interested in or don't know about. I also draw and read psychology books. And then there's that set aside time of the day that is dedicated to Oreos. Mmmmmm. What do other INTPs do?
Can I come around during Oreo time? O_O That would be a dream come true ... especially if they're double stuf[f]s!! (They only have one "f" .... annoys me)

In any case... I spend most of my day either doing homework, being in class, thinking about homework, or watching videos online. And then, of course, there's my procrastination period where all I do is play my DS in my bed in the dark .... or in the lounge, but in the dark is more fun. No annoying people asking me "so what are you playing?" -_________-"

·
Read Only
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's my Double Stuf(f) time actually. You and I can have some tea at any given time though. And you actually remind me of myself. I watch anime online a lot and love playing Pokemon under the covers (both of these things I forgot to mention.)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I've tried to fill up my spare time with activities that would be deemed enjoyable. This included playing the piano, trying to learn how to play guitar, reading online comics, trying to create a keepsake box, making jewelry, etc. Each activity has ended with frustration of not having the required skills, me just being plain lazy to continue, or my level of interest taking a kamikaze dive bomb. In the end, I always turn back to my beloved internet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Someone call me? I heard Oreo time!

I spend most of my free time watching TV shows and procrastinating. There is so many things I SHOULD be doing but I just download and watch tv shows.

I have a blog that I sometimes write in, but I certainly don't update daily. Basically I update when something bugs me enough or I really want to share something with all the imaginary people that read it.

I also have a few stories in my mind that I'd like to write down but then I never do. I start getting too into details rather than just write.

Finally I spend a lot of time wondering what exactly am I doing? I work and make enough money to live where I live, which is very close to work, but all my family is in another city, I don't have a significant other and I'm starting to think that will never happen because I'm too much work, I don't have kids, so . . . why do I even try to become successful when all I want in life is to get away from all this?

Anyway that's what I do in my free time.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I read. A lot. Lots of different things.
I garden. I also learn about whatever I am growing.
I write sporadically. I collect bits to sew together later.
Speaking of sewing... I enjoy hand stitching and embroidery. Time to think? I don't know. Maybe I'm just massively boring.
I play the guitar and violin on and off.
I paint pictures of dogs. I am actually getting decent at that.
I drink beer! Not like binge drinking beers, like tasting and sampling beers. This gets expensive unless I do it with my father who loves the same.
I used to do like feminist blogging or whatever, but I realized that I hate everyone in the entire world, so the whole social justice thing doesn't work very well for me. I just want to slap everyone. I could start a non-profit called "slaps for everyone."
I have an awesome partner who I spend as much time with as I can. Even the crappiest things can be fun with him. Once we even made watching a movie called "breaking wind" fun.
Oh and I play fetch with my dog.

·
Read Only
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"I just want to slap everyone."
I'm glad I'm not the only one in the world. And by the way, you don't seem like a boring person. It actually seems like a very relaxing lifestyle.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
I used to do like feminist blogging or whatever, but I realized that I hate everyone in the entire world, so the whole social justice thing doesn't work very well for me. I just want to slap everyone. I could start a non-profit called "slaps for everyone."
That world gets reeeal incestuous and melodramatic.

Plus, at some point you realize that it's mostly just relatively rich white girls complaining because Barbie makes them feel fat and it's just... ugh...

I'm a feminist and I think feminism matters. I just can't do feminist blogs.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I read up on things that interest me on the internet an awful lot.
I watch anime sometimes.
I draw.

In public if I have nothing to do, I people watch. Sometimes just for the heck of it I'll mess with them a little by seeing how they react to me staring intensely at them. It can be pretty funny.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Reactions: Playful Proxy

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
That world gets reeeal incestuous and melodramatic.

Plus, at some point you realize that it's mostly just relatively rich white girls complaining because Barbie makes them feel fat and it's just... ugh...

I'm a feminist and I think feminism matters. I just can't do feminist blogs.
Haha. Yep. I took a women's studies class in college. I was the only male. Many of the discussions turned into complaints like the one you described. It was interesting, though, because I simply had no idea how some women experienced or viewed the world. I think they enjoyed having me there as I was always asked for my reaction to their views.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
If middle American white people don't get outraged on behalf of the minorities they've never met, who will?
Many people who get worked up over social justice causes have no frame of reference. I've actually worked/work with indigent clients who were/are mostly minorities. I think I have a decent grasp of how the justice system works in regards to minorities. I've also clerked for a non-profit that provided legal aid to victims of domestic violence. The cases I was involved with included rape, stalking, and all other types of domestic violence issues. Some people who get worked up and have a conversation with me have this false sense of thinking they actually know what it's like to be discriminated against or battered. And these people are usually upper-middle class people who have no real idea of what it's like and their outrage comes off as more than disingenuous. It's also a little patronizing to the people who actually are discriminated against.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts