Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. What do you do that most people would assume have nothing to do with what your type is "supposed to do"?

I'll start. I'm quite the car nerd. I don't enjoy the working on it part, I'll do it since its way cheaper than paying a mechanic but the part I enjoy is the competiveness side of things. If the coronavirus hadn't ruined things i was looking forward to my first seasons of autocross. I think this is quite "Anti INTP"

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
I did not even grow up around team sports as like a fricken thing in my upbringing

I did many independent activities

But yeah I was way more of someone who mocked the hardcore jocks, was not one of them

Again doesn’t mean I wasn’t active or into sport but none were team and contact stuff

Another thing is while yeah sure I can be an asshole, I also can have a conscience and feel remourse and feel icky if I think I accidentally hurt someone Unintentionally. Not talking bout some prick who instigated. But I can feel really bad if I unintentionally offend someone and hurt them in a way I did not know I was doing. At heart I don’t like hurting people who do nothing to me.

Let’s see oh yeah not really cheater like many think STP is
A non commitment fucker sure, but not cheater

I’m not a drug addict/dealer, and have not been to Prison

I have never been on the Jersey Shore or in a fraternity

And I hate heights and there is no way in fuck I would do many of the adrenaline things that are listed ESTP want to do.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not even grow up around team sports as like a fricken thing in my upbringing

I did many independent activities

But yeah I was way more of someone who mocked the hardcore jocks, was not one of them

Again doesn’t mean I wasn’t active or into sport but none were team and contact stuff

Another thing is while yeah sure I can be an asshole, I also can have a conscience and feel remourse and feel icky if I think I accidentally hurt someone Unintentionally. Not talking bout some prick who instigated. But I can feel really bad if I unintentionally offend someone and hurt them in a way I did not know I was doing. At heart I don’t like hurting people who do nothing to me.

Let’s see oh yeah not really cheater like many think STP is
A non commitment fucker sure, but not cheater

I’m not a drug addict/dealer, and have not been to Prison

I have never been on the Jersey Shore or in a fraternity

And I hate heights and there is no way in fuck I would do many of the adrenaline things that are listed ESTP want to do.
So sky diving isn't on the bucket list?

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
Cry.

I'll start. I'm quite the car nerd. I don't enjoy the working on it part, I'll do it since its way cheaper than paying a mechanic but the part I enjoy is the competiveness side of things. If the coronavirus hadn't ruined things i was looking forward to my first seasons of autocross. I think this is quite "Anti INTP"
This is part of my type's stereotype, and I have almost no interest in cars.
Maybe we should switch.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have never been in a fight. I've never raised my hand to another person. I don't know if it's not in my personality or from a sheltered upbringing, but I can't picture getting into a fight with someone. I also don't yell at people. I can be a intimidating when I want to be for someone my size. Won't lie. I absolutely love seeing people shrink back when I shoot them a look. It takes effort to hold the expression and not grin like a pint size idiot. But if looks could kill, I would have a trail of bodies behind me.

·
Registered
15,175 Posts
I don’t enjoy having my partner around me at all time and prefer to have a separate social life and freedom to explore my hobbies /interests alone

I don’t get anxious nor do I have social anxiety

I’m extremely calm and laid back

I excel at time management

I’m not loud

I listen more than I talk

I’m stoic

I never understood the significance of unicorns

I have a good memory and can retrace events and facts easily

According to social definitions- I lean more towards introversion than extroversion

I’m an enfp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti

·
Registered
14 Posts
INFJ here, I used to be rather competitive growing up which may seem odd for an Se inferior type, let alone looking at the INFJ as a whole. Although, I think the primary reason for this is because of my upbringing and the cultural influence of where I live. The danger of MBTI or any typology system is that we often box in certain personalities to certain traits.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hmm, a lot of me does actually fit into the stereotype - but I guess perhaps I'm more socially adept than a lot of ENTP descriptions will have you believe. That being said, some ENTP descriptions do lean toward the "manipulative bastard" side which does seem more socially skilled so it depends on which description you read.

·
Premium Member
ENFP, 4w5, so/s_ Cosmic
3,421 Posts
I'm unhealthily scared of germs.
I don't believe in things like astrology or chakras (though I love learning about them).
I prefer being single.
I like mythology, but I'm not a huge fan of unicorns (don't dislike them though).
I'm not obsessed with INxJs lol.

·
Registered
ESFP
60 Posts
I have a low as piss sex drive, and I'm fairly clumsy. I'm more interested in personality theory than sports & I'm awkward af at parties unless I got my friends to back me up, and even then I'm not always capturing the center of attention

Reactions: Alice Alipheese

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,356 Posts
We've had this thread before but I guess it's always fun...

I'm in a heavy metal band

I'm politically left and feel like we are in a dire need for a political shakeup and find people who recoil from this idiots.

I do not care at all about the classic family model, I think it's a drain on society if anything. If you like it, no problem, but I don't like this notion of enforcing it and implying that's how responsible, selfless people should live.

I do follow authority (because I feel they ultimately have the upper hand) but I absolutely hate it. I think anyone in a position of power will end up corrupt in one way or another.

I always drive above the speed limit.

I'm kinda lazy, I like to go bed late and absolutely despise getting up early.

I love witty, satirical and dark humor.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts