Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Music. Alcohol. Napping. Masturbating. Sunbathing. Showering.

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
Exercise!
Running is relatively cheap and easy and can pretty much be done anywhere.
Weight lifting will get you really pumped up and leave you with a nice endorphin buzz afterwards too - much better than alcohol!
Classes are great if you enjoy being among people - spinning is excellent if you want to sweat & burn a lot, step-up is great if you want to make class fun and go fast (cuz you have to concentrate on not falling off your board, lol).
Note that you will have to do it for a few weeks before you truly start to relax, so try not to exercise directly before bed. At least for me, in the beginning I get slapped by the adrenaline highs, but they mellow after a while. Driving back home from the gym is incredibly relaxing.

Books & crafts are good relaxing tools for me too - both helps me turn off my brain when I think too much. :happy:

·
Registered
260 Posts
What sort of music and alcohol? How much do you drink?
Either something calm or something upbeat but not too energetic. Soft/classic rock and piano, mostly. Pink Floyd, Seal, Wolfsheim, Phil Collins, Savage Garden, Ludovico Einaudi...

One to two servings of whatever kind of alcohol I'm in the mood for.

And assuming there isn't much of a time constraint, I'll second the reading/watching something.

·
Banned
1,469 Posts
I really like messing with rocks and runes these days. Meditations visioning them cleansing my chakras with the positive energies they were meant to endow one's spirit with.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i think. i just think about everything i know, i learn, learn and learn, until i think i know everything. this can easily take months, but when i finally think i know everything, i relax for 5 minutes feeling like this all knowing being, until a new pop thoughts up and i repeat the same process, again and again. sounds fun, no? =)

·
Banned
44 Posts
I need to relax. I'd appreciate your suggestions, thanks in advance.
You don't know how to relax? :shocked:
Just do the things that make you feel good, normal and okay?
Most of the times it involves not doing anything at all. I suppose it depends on what you want to relax from work, school, etc.
Stop doing what is making you feel so unrelaxed. Take a break, do the things you enjoy. (Thit requires enjoying something)
All this is coming from a person who people say is "too relaxed" most of the time.
Take some time off and just appreciate the things that you have or don't have. (I mean this in the most sincere and non-offensive way)
Just.. relax. :tongue:

Edit: Oh, you wanted suggestions. . Um.
Listen to music! Classical music is nice and relaxing.

·
Sludgefeast
12,866 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I curl up into a ball and squeeze every muscle in my body for ten seconds, then release.

Or I take thirty to fifty very deep breaths.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Yoga, swimming, pole dance, gymnastics, martial arts.. tea with cream and sugar and some good cheese. Something funny. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts