Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. i'm really weird but I hold that back a lot. do you think this is good or should I just go for it. I have some ideas like changing my name legally to something very abstract that might alienate a lot of people but I like the idea because it's coming from a good place and the name reflects my values. and for example I'm looking for a flatmate online so I put some funny pictures of the flat on the advert. but then I deleted them 'cus I thought it was too weird. I want to find someone who would like my humor and I wouldn't have to keep it all in but maybe it's too much too soon.

anyway just some random thoughts. Are you visibly eccentric in real life? What are your experiences of being weird. Thanks :)

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
I've always been weird. I'm also visibly eccentric, both in the kinds of things I wear, to my hair colour.

Nothing wrong with expressing your weirdness. It sounds like you know the consequences and who you will alienate with your actions--Only you can answer for yourself whether that is worth enduring or not. If it is important to you, then the people who are worth your time will understand.

·
Banned
659 Posts
Most people will tell you to just unapologetically be yourself and it all works out however life experience tells me those people are way wrong.

As with everything in life, there's opportunity cost and you have to decide what is more important to you.

Humans are social group animals - we're generally (this is not a statement on politics btw) conservative and conformist - it's why we have peer pressure and why society has these silently agreed upon standards. Some paint these as a bad thing and perhaps for osme of us they are but having some simple rules that everyone just knows allows a functional society.

For example, if I stretch my hand out toward you - you know to take it and shake it. That's a simple example but it's still based in a more natural level of understanding.. my hand is open, I have no weapon. it's a symbol of trust.

It's how fashion works and the cultural zeitgeist. We do prize individuality but within an acceptable spectrum

Is it wrong to go outside this spectrum? In my opinion, no - however the point Im making is that it comes with a cost.

You need to decide if its more important to embrace your inner self fully and probably live quite a difficult life of awkward encounters, misunderstandings and general different treatment. Or if you want to live an easier life with greater opportunity.

I know that soudns like a harsh choice, but thats because it is and I take no joy from communicating the rules as they are.

That said, even the truly weird among us don't walk through life alone. You'll inevitably meet like minded souls and form deep and genuine friendships. But my point is, outside of that small enclave your life would not be as easy as it could be and doors that might be open to you otherwise may close. There is a price for every choice.

Yours is the garage band dilemma. Do you follow your dream and get left behind by your peers in the hope of finding a golden path through life? Or do you cut your hair and get a job and live a quiet, dull but comfortable life?

As someone who took option B - there are grey days but it's really not all bad. I just keep my weirdness confined to close friends and the privacy of my home - I'm afraid fitting in is just the way the world works.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
hey. i'm really weird but I hold that back a lot. do you think this is good or should I just go for it. I have some ideas like changing my name legally to something very abstract that might alienate a lot of people but I like the idea because it's coming from a good place and the name reflects my values. and for example I'm looking for a flatmate online so I put some funny pictures of the flat on the advert. but then I deleted them 'cus I thought it was too weird. I want to find someone who would like my humor and I wouldn't have to keep it all in but maybe it's too much too soon.

anyway just some random thoughts. Are you visibly eccentric in real life? What are your experiences of being weird. Thanks :)
People say I am weird, but I ain't going the change my name! Boyyyyy stop trying to be weird. If you are weird, then you should not being trying to be weird, because you are already there!

Also, if you are still planning on changing your name, then I would suggest to changing it to "Sexy Vegan". You know? Like that delusional gay guy featured on Dr. Phil.

·
Registered
Peter Petrelli
6,170 Posts

Weird is a word boring normies made up to make creative people feel bad about being creative, because people can't handle different, and probably also because they're jealous. Be weird. I mean, seriously, some people make a career out of their weirdness. It's a beautiful thing.

Addendum: I see you've found the spam world, otherwise, I'd have linked it and said "welcome to your new home away from home :D"

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm quite eccentric myself, and I embrace my weirdness. I usually surround myself with other eccentric people, lol.

This is how I view eccentric people: The more eccentric you are, the more you will end up becoming my favorite person. :D

187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Put down your distractions and love yourself, really love yourself for 20 minutes. Have you ever done that in your life? I'm not talking about masturbation or even meditation. Say I love me with tears in your eyes and give your ass a huge hug. I'm not saying you have a huge ass but anyways. Be your own best friend. If you're doubting yourself, turn to yourself and say, "what do you think?" and then say "you can do anything dude. you're awesome" and then say "thanks man, I love you" then say "is this incest? whatever i love you xxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!x" then you may masturbate, but only then

It's not about being weird, eccentric, non-conformity..... ANY of that. Talk about missing the point!!!!! That is merely the result of focusing on the very highest values... bringing joy, compassion, LIGHT into the world. Fight FOR the world instead of AGAINST it. If you have the purest intentions, you will project innocence and no matter how goofy you are you will invite warmth.

"The way to war is a well-paved highway and the way to peace is still a wilderness." Keep experimenting, keep trying for those new paths to peace. You can never go wrong then my Sun-Dried friend! LOVE YA!

P.S. please don't use my username and avatar. I'm confused if it's me or you posting

·
Registered
Peter Petrelli
6,170 Posts
P.S. please don't use my username and avatar. I'm confused if it's me or you posting
To do list:
Ask mods to change name to sundriedtomorrows...(since it's not capitalized it might be ok)
Get Sundriedtomorrows profile pic and...
Whoops wrong thread :wink:

·
Spam-I-am
13,657 Posts
I'm quite eccentric myself, and I embrace my weirdness. I usually surround myself with other eccentric people, lol.

you too:shocked:
back at the institution where I'm being held there be a lot of strange mudda fockers here
what room are you in?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

you too:shocked:
back at the institution where I'm being held there be a lot of strange mudda fockers here
what room are you in?
I am stationed in the room where there are a bunch of fellow aliens like myself, who also got abducted and held hostage by a bunch of humans because those humans are just too afraid of people who are different from them, ya know.

Reactions: VinnieBob
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To do list:
Ask mods to change name to sundriedtomorrows...(since it's not capitalized it might be ok)
Get Sundriedtomorrows profile pic and...
Whoops wrong thread :wink:
?!!?!! Don't tell the impostor SunDriedTomorrows that, tell ME that!!!

Anyways thanks for the tips SunDriedGetYourOwnUsername. I did what you said, saying I love me for 20 minutes, I did it for an hour actually! It felt really good. Things progressed and I even took me to be my loving husband AND wife, said I did, and kissed myself. It was a sexy threesome because my mistress, me, was there too

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

you owe it to yourself to be as weird as you fuckin wanna be man. fuck anybody that doesnt dig it. we need more weirdos, especially positive and confident weirdos.

DO IT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts