Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked a mil. times before in this forum. Here it is again. Tell us what you drive (and why, perhaps).

Me: Daily driver, 2012 VW Gol sedan 5 speed. I drive this because I live in an area with rare opportunities to drive over 45mph and even rarer opportunities to find parking spots. Small, quick, nimble, great on gas. Fill it up once a month. (If you live in the US, you don't know this car. Just imagine a Chevy Aveo with cleaner styling, or click below).

Ship Anchor/school bus: 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. Loaded, comfortable, seats 7, great for hauling ESL students to the zoo (or garbage to the dump). 12 mpg, ugly-ish, rebuilt transmission x2 + tons of other issues over the 3 years we've owned it. Drove it here from the US jammed full of stuff...would have been cheaper to just fly and ship the stuff. We keep it for school bus/hauling duty and those "I'm feeling fat and lazy." days.

SU

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Volkswagen

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Home: 2002 VW Golf, 5 speed, bright red. So much fun to drive and in such immaculate shape it hardly feels 12 years old.

Work: 2004 Freightliner Columbia, 10 speed, bright red. Also fun to drive and capable of hauling 60,000 lbs. For some reason this one was excellent on fuel efficiency, and since I know how to max that out, and since I usually hauled light freight, I totally rocked my company's fuel bonus every month.

Driving the VW would feel like a driving a go-kart after being in the truck all week. Also, they looked fun together in the driveway, with their matching color and distinctly unmatching size.

·
Registered
198 Posts
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Good cargo space and passenger space, gas mileage sucks (but what else is new), and it's a tank in the snow.

·
Registered
816 Posts
2002 Honda Accord. Nice car. It was free.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
i own a 2003 ford exporer sport trac

<3

but its currently in another state so i'm sharing someone's nissan altima

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mazda MX5 (Miata). The wind in my hair when I drive with the top down! The amazing sound system! And the speed, ahh!!
I didn't even drive until I was 29, I had no idea how much fun having a fun car could be!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Family car: Early 2000 BMW 530d - manual gearbox, of course.
I'm in the market for a beater to drive to and from work. I guess I'll probably get something golf-like, only the older models aren't the least bit fuel efficient.

·
Registered
79 Posts

1995 Range Rover
231k miles on the clock

Definitely has its quirks, isn't the most reliable thing, and barely gets double digits mpg.
But it sure does plow off-road, and great for hauling people and things to outdoor activities- camping, airsofting, going shooting, etc.

Eventually would like to get a better daily driver. Would love to get back into a manual and brush up on my double-clutching.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.