Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading another thread and they were saying that the ISTP they talk to tends to lose interest in their conversation. So heres the big question: what topics keep your attention?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Essentially: anything that interests me. And I think what interests ISTPs varies with the individual.

Personality typing, linguistics, history, TV shows, movies, books (to name a few) will keep me talking non-stop once I get going.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nothing if you're incapable of following me, which most people unfortunately are.
"you're just repeating what i've thought about the last 2 hours (without saying a word about it of course). boooring."

types of relationships, personality types, human brains/behavior, travel, privacy, camping, ...

·
Registered
376 Posts
My interest goes out to new inventions and political issues. Even though I know that I'm a bit aggressive in a polite manner when it comes to responding to people who either don't know what I'm talking about or just disregard my opinion.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Gunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsgunsbombsgunsgunsmusicgunsmoviesgunsgunsguns

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I like to talk about:

- Geeky shit. I'm a rare breed of ISTP geek. I like discussing video game strategy, new gadgets, debate on computer hardware preferences, etc.
- People and why they do what they do. I like to pick apart motives and actions.
- Beauty, especially in nature.
- The downfalls of politics, social issues and religion. How they can be improved. (I guess this goes with the "fixing" part...)
- Fixing and building. I like to troubleshoot out loud and get feedback as a way to engage my Se and bring in more information for archive.
- Food, because I love it.
- Sex, because I love it.

But, mostly, I like to talk about anything funny. And I often infuse humor into all of the above topics to make the subject matter more interesting. If you want to teach an ISTP something new, deliver it in a funny way. It'll stick like glue.

However, more than talking, I like to listen to interesting subject matter. It feeds my varacious appetite for learning and information, sensory or otherwise.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like to talk about:

- Geeky shit. I'm a rare breed of ISTP geek. I like discussing video game strategy, new gadgets, debate on computer hardware preferences, etc.
- People and why they do what they do. I like to pick apart motives and actions.
- Beauty, especially in nature.
- The downfalls of politics, social issues and religion. How they can be improved. (I guess this goes with the "fixing" part...)
- Fixing and building. I like to troubleshoot out loud and get feedback as a way to engage my Se and bring in more information for archive.
- Food, because I love it.
- Sex, because I love it.

But, mostly, I like to talk about anything funny. And I often infuse humor into all of the above topics to make the subject matter more interesting. If you want to teach an ISTP something new, deliver it in a funny way. It'll stick like glue.

However, more than talking, I like to listen to interesting subject matter. It feeds my varacious appetite for learning and information, sensory or otherwise.
Target aquired. - Imgur <- Click it.

Reactions: DustyDrill

·
Registered
828 Posts
Social & psychological issues + movies, music, books I love. On the other hand,I get bord by detailed conversations about daily issues or what random people do, wear, look,... .

·
Registered
235 Posts
@DustyDrill - +1 for the ISTP geek - I'm really into computer gaming, computers, mobile phones/technology and pretty much anything geeky! And I suck at sport as well!

As for other interests, I like a good debate about politics or religion. I also find the MBTI very interesting and useful (hence why I am on here!). I'm also a percussionist, which brings with it a certain level of geekiness, about drums, cymbals, sticks etc. I could go on for ages. Jazz, and music in general will keep me going for ages.

Does anyone else have this habit of walking off when you lose interest in a conversation?

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Ethics: conversation wont last long. That's purely an Fi thing. How you can derive in depth conversation about how character is different from integrity is beyond me.

How to: yes.

Does something make sense: yes.

Random one liner conversations that make no sense but are funny none the less: yes.

Exotic fantasies: possibly.

Sexy results of these conversations: you bet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It all depends on my mood and who I'm with. It can range from wrestling, philosophy, love and relationships, family, how much the world sucks.....

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Girls, movies, games, girls, people, family life, girls, mixing alcoholic drinks (delicious)
what is your go-to or favorite mixed drink?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
-Sex/Relationships (of the non-normative variety)
-Food
-Work/project related topics

Short list, but I hate talking.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts