Personality Cafe banner

What do you enjoy most?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm curious to see what people enjoy most with PerC. Also, for which you all use the forum. For me, I joined 2 years ago, have met some great people. I also enjoyed being able to discuss psychology and typology with a lot of other enthusiasts. I am an interpersonal learner, so I've learned more these past 2 years than the 2 1/2 years before I got involved. I suppose people join for a variety of reasons, so I've added multiple choices.

·
Plague Doctor
5,927 Posts
I just enjoy connecting with people who are somewhat like me to compare and contrast life experiences. I learn a lot on here because most people here are interested in self improvement.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
What @brightflashes said.
PerC attracts people who are into self-improvement and sharing their unique life experiences. Like a support group but with less negativity because not everything is about problems, only differences and quirks.

It's a haven for introverts too, if they want that quiet place. I wouldn't call it simply avoiding boredom. Maybe avoiding overload?

My own personal reason? This will sound funny, but the template of the website is similar to a forum I was a proud member of. :kitteh:

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,501 Posts
I've made friends here also. I really enjoy learning more about my personality type and about all of the others, so that I can understand them better. The game forum is fun and it makes me laugh. Sometimes, I really need that sort of entertainment. And, as odd as it sounds, the subforum that struck the most fear in me (Mafia) has become one of my favorite places in PerC. I would encourage everyone to give Mafia a try.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I would say the first three. I love learning about personality theory and having something to do in my free time. The only negative is that the sensor forums aren't active at all....I would love to talk about my typing more, but there aren't enough sensors here and aren't enough people interested in us. So because of that, I usually end up going to all the sub forums that aren't even type related. Ah well.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Basically everything on the poll.

MBTI, Socionics, and Enneagrams are all fascinating subjects, and learning more about ones self is always interesting. But I would say it's the members and the topics that keep me here after all these years. PerC members are really interesting and it's easy to talk with them. And finally, I probably will never retire my account mainly because I can use this forum to vent my thoughts and remain anonymous.

Reactions: Tipo

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
Educating you swine with kindness and love
How many levels of irony are we operating on here? Or is there some greater self-sabotaging involved? this shit is going off the charts maayyn

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
I joined to ask some questions about MBTI back when I didn't know much about it.

Now I just enjoy discussing various topics that interest me, which is a brain-sharpening way of wasting my time when I could be doing far more important things.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I joined hoping to find interesting people to talk to. Now I'm just here out of boredom and for spamming, although people here seem smarter than people from the last forum I hung out on. Much less nice, though.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I enjoy getting notifications the most. Just dinking around on the computer and getting to express myself and chat a bit.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Didn't vote for spamming, debating, or IDK. Everything else applies.

While I do post occasionally in the debate forum, it's usually on threads like 'Can You Cook' where there's no actual debate going on. I stay away from most of the nonsense there.

·
Meh.
8,046 Posts
I like having an internet 'home'. When I became homeless many years ago now, I found PerC and moved in. I like having a place to dump things I don't necessarily wish to share with people IRL. There is always something interesting to read around here.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts