Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I know the "typical" ISFP usually has to take some time to be by his/her self and sort out feelings, emotions, etc.

Personally, when I'm really stressed or have alot on my mind, I do one of three things:

A) Play guitar/drums. That's my "quick fix"

B) Go for a run. Although this doesn't always work. Usually it works best if I go with a friend, or else I get bored and cut my run short :dry:

C) Go for a drive. I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love driving on the highway, even if I don't have anywhere to go. I love traveling, and seeing different/new places.
I'll just crank up my music and aimlessly drive around the city for a couple of hours, grab some food, and suddenly I'm all better. Woohoo!

Anyway, let's hear it. How do you find your mellow and chill out bros and girls? :mellow:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I pace and listen to music. And I try not to pull my hair out.

Reactions: sweetmay73

·
Registered
13 Posts
My (most likely) ISFP boyfriend usually sits outside on the balcony, by himself, and smokes a cigarette; much to my frustration because a) I hate cigarettes and b) I want to talk about stuff!. I've learned to let him sit there and wait until he comes to me though.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
My (most likely) ISFP boyfriend usually sits outside on the balcony, by himself, and smokes a cigarette; much to my frustration because a) I hate cigarettes and b) I want to talk about stuff!. I've learned to let him sit there and wait until he comes to me though.
Cigarettes are a stress reliever. Thats why people smoke when they are stressed. Lol of course some other drugs work too, but not caffeine.

·
Banned
982 Posts
Smoke a cigar, eat chocolate, listen to loud NIN.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Oh I've done a number of things to help me stop getting stressed out. Some of which are:

-Getting a snowball
-Walking somewhere / driving somewhere
-Listening to music
-Working out
-Sitting in a park or park-like place
-Drawing

There's probably more but yeah.. :happy:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm a bit surprised that sleeping hasn't cropped up yet.

I've found that being unconscious for a while does wonders for my mind and body.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm driving more when I get stressed these days. I reflect best when I can express myself in a system that functions in spite of me. Like a forum, a drive or being alone in public (it makes me feel better 50% of time, but I always reflect anyway)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Thura, I am also a female ENFJ who is really interested in an ISFP guy. Did you have to make a move on him initially? How did you know that he was attracted to you? ISFPs are difficult to read at times.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stress makes me hyperactive so I can't sleep :(.

Me too. My brains keeps cycling stuff and cant turn it off.

I usually play games that needs my full attention. I do not even like League of Legends but that will do. It needs my full attention otherwise I get my ass handed at the game, I also need to play good for the team and I cant quit because I do not want to look like a huge douche.

Sometimes I just listen to music from artist like Nick Cave

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Go to the roof and look at the sky...this calms me at night..being midst the trees and beneath the stars and it brings out strange curious feelings in me...everything else sort of fades away.
Water...a stream, a lake...or even a lazy swim in a pool completely takes my stress away. Water works unbelievably for me.
Writing. Whatever. Sometimes i sort of semi-stab my pen onto the page... :dry: it's a good stress reliever.
Walking.
NOT BEING AROUND PEOPLE.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Listen to music and hide in my nothing box.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guess there aren't any other bath relaxers. I prefer a nice steaming hot bubble bath. The scents calm me down and the boiling water relieves muscle tension. Usually I'll read or just listen to sone classical music on pandora during that time. It's very satisfying.

I find that naps usually stress me out more-- I wake up feeling groggy and grumpy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Usually when I do get stressed I tend to either play Super Smash Brothers Melee or Twisted Metal Black... Makes me feel better. Make computer generated things suffer more..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thura, I am also a female ENFJ who is really interested in an ISFP guy. Did you have to make a move on him initially? How did you know that he was attracted to you? ISFPs are difficult to read at times.
Sorry for the late reply.
My and my boyfriend have been happily together for over 5 years now, but we started with a more bumpy road. We've met 11 years ago and started out as really close friends for a year before we somehow fluently became a couple. Lasted for 4 months and broke up with heartache on both sides, basically because we got too close and scared of what was happening. After not really speaking for a year, we became friends again and started dating again after a few years, when we were both single again. I'm still thanking his ex-girlfriend for tackling some of his issues ;) She has a major in psychology and was with him for almost 3 years, so yay!
But I guess I can't really advice you what to do in your situation. I'm nor scared to flirt (hm, wait, that's not right, I lóve to flirt), and have a habit to become friends first and develop a relationship from there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts