Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm infp myself. My ex-boyfriend, I'm fairly sure he's entp. I always felt like he was the opposite to me in many ways. I keep most of my thoughts in my head but he's very straightforward and tends to say what he's thinking. Does anyone else find that kind of honesty attractive? And do you find an entp's honesty can often be insensitive?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I have an ENTP friend, and while it can be love/hate, I really appreciate the friendship.

He can be loud and crass. Downright disturbing in his sense of humor, but tons of fun when I have the energy to keep up.

I also really appreciate the honesty. I like to think of myself as fairly honest, but he expresses opinion or thoughts without reserve. Of course that can sometimes be annoying, but at the same time, that's why I always take notice when he's serious with me about something.

It all depends ony energy levels while hanging with him, but overall as of now, I'm glad to call him a friend.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have ONE ENTP friend. Just one, which makes me appreciate her even more :D
She's actually one of the nicest people I have ever met. Probably even easier to bully than I am D: She'll argue against something if she doesn't want to do it, but eventually she'll do it just make the other party happy. And then complain to someone else about how she was forced to do it xD Still, I love that she's so considerate and nice and...and... logical.
Sometimes her honesty hurts a bit but it's okay, because I'll understand where she's coming from and I'll know that she's saying something because it's TRUE, or at least she thinks it's true, which it usually is anyways. And plus, she's like one of the only few who always seem to understand what I'm blabbing on about :D And also one of the few people whose affairs I really care about :)

My only qualm is that she talks too much ._.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I agree, they say things because they at least believe them to be true. I really do like that about them, it's unusual for people to be so direct. And they do talk a lot, but I find it's usually interesting! I feel like they can be a little arrogant though. (I'm basing this on one or two people who may not even be entp, I don't mean to offend anyone!)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I work with an ENTP, and yes he is usually quite direct, but he can be tactful when needed (he has awesome political skills). He has a very wicked sense of humor and makes me laugh a lot, and is always good for snarky yet on point and insightful comments in boring staff meetings.

I think he's pretty awesome and would hate to have him as an enemy, though; he's right up there with ENTJ and ESTJ as people you do not want to get on the wrong side of!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had an ENTP (I think) roommate for a semester - it was sort of exhilarating to have someone so direct and blunt around. And we both had weird senses of humor...so we got along.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Not many known ENTP acquaintances (much less friends-they tend to be NFs) but I usually refuse to make blanket statements about any personality type ("ESTJs are like this, thus I like/don't like them!", etc.) The individual behind the type makes all the difference (for instance, I highly doubt all ENTPs must be crass or arrogant just because they are ENTPs, much like INFPs aren't necessarily "emotional wrecks".) I am wary of immature NTs if they are not respectful of others, but any immature type can be a pain to deal with. I prefer to know an individual first, rather than just judge by the type he/she is supposed to be.

While I honestly do like NFs a lot, it's just because it's easier to relate with them in a VERY general level (again, it's about the individual). However, I am well aware that a relationship (of any kind) with a mature "any type" fares better than that with an immature "preferred" type.

(Also, this INFP is quite honest; I am just very kindly so. Won't lie to avoid hurting your feelings, but will not hurt your feelings unnecessarily-one can always convey the truth in non-hurtful ways.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an ENTP friend, and while it can be love/hate, I really appreciate the friendship.

He can be loud and crass. Downright disturbing in his sense of humor, but tons of fun when I have the energy to keep up.

I also really appreciate the honesty. I like to think of myself as fairly honest, but he expresses opinion or thoughts without reserve. Of course that can sometimes be annoying, but at the same time, that's why I always take notice when he's serious with me about something.

It all depends ony energy levels while hanging with him, but overall as of now, I'm glad to call him a friend.
I feel with you.

Well, I'm not entirely sure if he is ENTP, he may be ENTJ i don't know.

Though this is exactly true.
His honesty also helped me "become a better person".

Though indeed, its not easy and i can't always hang around with him because it can get very draining and then we have trouble understanding each other.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I'm not entirely sure if he is ENTP, he may be ENTJ i don't know.

Though indeed, its not easy and i can't always hang around with him because it can get very draining and then we have trouble understanding each other.
In my experience, ENTPs are not really draining. ENTJs, however, are very draining. ENTPs are generally cool, laid-back, have a kind of rock 'n' roll attitude/charm... they are sort of like ENFPs but with their dignity intact. ENTJs on the other hand are more like misanthropic dictators. The difference between the two types is simply huge.

Jack Sparrow: ENFP
Tyler Durden: ENTP
Donald Trump: ENTJ :tongue:

·
Registered
270 Posts
ENTPs are very funny, love to debate, and express themselves clearly.

I find them adorable to be honest. I admire the fact that they express their aggression or anger openly because that's something INFPs can't do if they're not comfortable.

I have an ENTP friend, and ENTPs are normally narcissistic and they think they're better than others. However, if they deem you as someone who is important, they hold your opinion and respect you dearly. Other than that, they're really honest and just in search for anyone honest too and interested in what they're saying. We understand each other a lot although sometimes she is very insensitive to what other people feel. She has a hard time with emotions though. She tries to bury it inside, but I can see that it's taking a lot from her to do that.

We get along though. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
From the few ENTPs I've known, I think they're very entertaining-- in a clever, sharp-witted way. Not an annoying, brainless way. The stereotypical 'narcissism' that they're usually described with just makes them more lovable to me.

Would I like to debate with one? No.

Would I like to watch one debate? With popcorn, a soda, and 3-D glasses. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I find them to be friendly and outgoing, until I speak what's really on my mind. Then I slowly get the cutest silence between affirmations and perspectives, as though analyzing me, and the conversation sort of fades. In a cute but abrupt way I suppose, until the next day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts