Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I only know two Esfjs but my personal experience with them has been terrible. Their extremely high levels of Fe are already hard to deal with but unlike the ENFJ, they have no idea when they're starting to get obnoxious. This ESFJ girl ( that I've unfortunately grown up with ) drives even a calm INFP like me crazy. She is literally the girl who goes to the party and cries about her Ex boyfriend. She has no problem ruining everyone's time. And since she's so damn likeable she's allowed to take charge with her crappy ideas as I disappear into the background. She also likes to shove opinions down peoples' throats. She tends to judge people when you're not one of the crowd too.

. . . I only pretend to be her friend because I'm scared of social consequence. I'd hate to look like the villain.

I dont mean to offend anyone but this is just my experience. :angry:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ehh, they have control freak tendencies, can be the 'social acceptability' police, and can overly-moralistic. But they can also be incredibly kind-hearted and supportive if you're suppose they're suppose to care about.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are basically great people. I can't relate to the OP, the ESFJs I've known in my life have never behaved that way. They have been modest, flexible, mentally stable, and fairly shy girls with simple desires and great social skills. They also have very big hearts. Maybe ESFJ cheerleader types are different. Or maybe my ESFJs adapted to my INFPness... :shocked:

ESFJs are a lot more fun than ISFJs in my opinion.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not a type I connect much with for the most part. I also think it's pretty common; pretty sure there were several ESFJs in my high school class.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Because there are so many of them, of course there are some bad ones and some good ones. (Ones I can think off the top of my head are mostly people that my mom knows. In the housewife circle. Some of them really want to stick out in activities just for the heck of feeling important. But some are wise and loyal as friends. I'm pretty sure I've met those who are my age too, but I think I'm a bit to annoyed at them sometimes to give them a fair observation.)

But still, I don't think I can relate to ESFJs. Don't get the whole Fe and conformist thing.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Well, I know one really lovely one who is healthy and one really really awful one who I would say is the only person in the world who I can't get along with. I suppose, like all types, you get healthy lovely examples and unhealthy, unbearable ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts