Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I figured that I'd post this to try and figure out what we see in each other and what others see in us as flaws. I personally love being an ENTP and love talking with other ENTPs whenever I get the chance :crazy: The only thing that really bugs me is when you have an IRRATIONAL ENTP. They drive me crazy. I just don't get how they can exist, but they do. I love to argue and debate (as most of us do) but I don't get how an ENTP without a lick of sense can try and win in an argument they are obviously loosing and think they win. this only bugs me in other ENTPs because they should really know better. anyway, lets make this brutal and see what comes up shall we :proud:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Our narcissism. Although it's not always very extreme, we are preoccupied with ourselves and then I know I, at least, feel guilty about it. But I can't help it - I'm so damned fascinating..... LOL.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'm pretty sure one of my better friend's is an ENTP. He's a guy, like me, and I hate the tenacity and spirit of competition he has, because I can't bring girl friends around him, without him trying to turn winning their affections into a game. Unfortunately, generally, even where I have no romantic interest in the girl, I can't help but being sucked into the little game, because of my own tenacity and desire to win. He makes me a jackass, at least, I'm going to blame him for it. lol

Also, for the past couple of months, I have been trying to transform myself into the world's "cuddliest" ENTP, very much because of that "Impossible? Not for me!" mentality. It's pissing me off, that I can see no measurable progress. Also, I had the chance to observe him with an ex-girlfriend of his, that he's still in love with, and his reaction to the situation, just made me feel like a complete tool, because it was exactly how I would have reacted. Within a five minute span, he went from feeling sorry for himself, to being passive aggressive, to trying to sleep with her, to trying to analyze his feelings for her and push them away, to chasing her out of the door in anger. Never, not once, did he just say, "I still love you." Try convincing anyone with a decent mastery of their own feelings and emotions that a little display like that is our way of saying just that.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
I hate how the common perception for ENTPs is that we're arrogant arsholes. Oh, and the misunderstandings. I'm not arrogant! I just love a hearty laugh, preferably not anyone's expense. And yes I'm pretty smart, but I'm also glib!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I hate how the common perception for ENTPs is that we're arrogant arsholes. Oh, and the misunderstandings. I'm not arrogant! I just love a hearty laugh, preferably not anyone's expense. And yes I'm pretty smart, but I'm also glib!
People say gullible I say open minded.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I don't like it when ENTPs state their opinions without any support. Some tend to be all, "This is my point and I'm right." I can be like that out of laziness, but still.

Also, some ENTPs seem to use their type as an excuse to be jackasses. :dry:

But overall, I love you guys :tongue: (and when I say you guys, I include myself :wink:)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I don't like it when ENTPs state their opinions without any support. Some tend to be all, "This is my point and I'm right." I can be like that out of laziness, but still.

Also, some ENTPs seem to use their type as an excuse to be jackasses. :dry:

But overall, I love you guys :tongue: (and when I say you guys, I include myself :wink:)
You changed your name? I have been saving up to change mines.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
You changed your name? I have been saving up to change mines.
Yeah, I've had it for a long time, and I needed a change. I was getting antsy :laughing: And a tip if you want to earn gold: start threads. Meaningful ones, of course. But starting popular threads earns more gold than simple posting. Plus, you know, being here a while does that too.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Yeah, I've had it for a long time, and I needed a change. I was getting antsy :laughing: And a tip if you want to earn gold: start threads. Meaningful ones, of course. But starting popular threads earns more gold than simple posting. Plus, you know, being here a while does that too.
Just 5000 more to go.:mellow:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know one and the thing that annoys me about him is his excessive need to one up you. Our usually dialogue is something like

me: I just ran 5 miles
him: I just swam 3 miles. Swimming is harder then running.
me: Thats nice
him: I can take you in a fight
me: No shit half my body is paralyzed and your taller then me
him: *excessive gloating*
me: :dry: I'm leaving

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
THANK YOU for the money!!!! I should be able to afford it in less then 3 days. :crazy:

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Hm, where to start :wink:

ENTPs can....
- seem arrogant, know-it-ally, condescending, pedantic
- have trouble apologizing and admitting when they are wrong - lack of humility
- lack "common sense" and may be overconfident in their own perceptions & logic
- underestimate other people because they overestimate themselves
- have huge blind spots in their logic - will be total hypocrites & not see it
- state their opinions as if they are fact
- make shaky arguments sound good because they seem confident about it (you don't fool me though! :p)
- have pliable morals, and will make some shaky argument to justify what they want to do morally
- have a poor sense of loyalty, responsibility, respect, &/or kindness
- seem to have trouble expressing affection & giving verbal praise to others
- come across as very indifferent & dismissive to other people's feelings & emotions
- take nothing seriously - everything is dismissed as a joke so the ENTP can invalidate it
- be awfully self-absorbed for extroverts
- make selfish parents, and can make poor decisions concerning their children's welfare (see lacking common sense)
- Get schmaltzy without warning and then quickly revert to being indifferent about emotion - unevenness basically

I know that's not all ENTPs, but those are some common flaws I've noted.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Hm, where to start :wink:

ENTPs can....
- seem arrogant, know-it-ally, condescending, pedantic
- lack "common sense" and may be overconfident in their own perceptions & logic
- underestimate other people because they overestimate themselves
- have huge blind spots in their logic - will be total hypocrites & not see it
- state their opinions as if they are fact
- make shaky arguments sound good because they seem confident about it (you don't fool me though! :p)
- have pliable morals, and will make some shaky argument to justify what they want to do morally
- have a poor sense of loyalty, responsibility, respect, &/or kindness
- seem to have trouble expressing affection & giving verbal praise to others
- come across as very indifferent & dismissive to other people's feelings & emotions
- take nothing seriously - everything is dismissed as a joke so the ENTP can invalidate it
- be awfully self-absorbed for extroverts
- make selfish parents, and can make poor decisions concerning their children's welfare (see lacking common sense)
- Get schmaltzy without warning and then quickly revert to being indifferent about emotion - unevenness basically

I know that's not all ENTPs, but those are some common flaws I've noted.

My brother is an entp and has all of those things. Im an entp and has none of those things.:laughing:

Except the common sense part. I lack that.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I'm horrible at apologizing, especially when I know I'm wrong and someone catches me on it. I'll do anything I can to skirt the apology, laugh it off and make a joke, that kind of thing. But the thing is: most of the time I'm not sorry for doing it. I made a mistake that hurt someone, and now I know not to do it. I like to think that my apology to a person is never making the same mistake twice.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I'm horrible at apologizing, especially when I know I'm wrong and someone catches me on it. I'll do anything I can to skirt the apology, laugh it off and make a joke, that kind of thing. But the thing is: most of the time I'm not sorry for doing it. I made a mistake that hurt someone, and now I know not to do it. I like to think that my apology to a person is never making the same mistake twice.
I don't think i ever needed to apologize. From my prospective. Maybe thats a bad thing.

1 - 20 of 2420 Posts