Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1: What traits do you hate about yourself?

Question 2: What traits do you love about yourself?

Got it? Now begin!!

Reactions: NinjaSwan

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My weakness can be my strength and My strength can be my weakness so I try to balance it out.

I'm pushy when I want something and Don't take the time to look around on how i'm effecting people even though my foucs is to helping people with how things effect them[ironic much? haha] (even If its the best for people, they dont want me to guide them and I end up geting un patient and pushing them to want i think it best)

I get a wake up call and usualy back off

and feel bad afterwards.

I love that fact, I can love myself even If others not. It took me awhile to figure it out. :happy:

·
Registered
604 Posts
1. Hate

* I hate it if I am not able to follow through on something. I don't want to let people down.
* I hate it if I say something off the cuff that hurts somebody.
* If I lose my composure for any reason. I like to keep a cork on it.
* Having a bill or something be overlooked. Feels like a moral failure in addition to cursed forgetfulness.

Ok really hate:
* Self-doubt. If you hate that you have self-doubt; be prepared to run in circles for a while.

2. Love

* That I have a family that loves me. That wouldn't have happened if I had not done the right things. So I feel like I can take some credit.
* That I can love others in return.
* Creativity and artistic talent. I love painting and thank God I've been able to enjoy my talent in my life.
* Technical skill. Again - I'm very thankful that the lord gave me a practical skill or two.
* Trust. Most people trust me. You have to earn that every day. I like it that people feel like I'm someone they trust and can talk to.
* Perseverance. The day I stop breathing is the day I stop trying.
* My exceeding wisdom in choosing a spouse. (You never know, this might be in my browser history or something ;-)

·
Registered
89 Posts
1. I hate it when:
- I can't help people.
- I get angry over something stupid.
- I make girls cry.

*really hate that I'm a little above average at everything, but don't really excel in one thing.

2. I love:
- that I'm an infj
- that I can pretty much do anything
- that I'm pretty consistent (though sometimes I wish I was more spontaneous)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Some of the things I 'hate' about myself I secretly 'love', well both are perhaps too strong words for this. It's probably the e4 relishing in its defects lol, so instead of using a good/bad divide I'll just use positive/negative.

Negative:
*I don't take enough risks, especially socially, I'm shy and self-conscious. Find it hard to make friends
*Too sensitive + melancholic
*I'm not the most physically fit person
*Can be lazy and unmotivated with work, procrastinate a lot
*Don't believe in myself enough, envy, anxiety, what ifs..
*Ideals at odds with reality
*Act selfishly and irrationally when stressed

Positive:
*I'm honest with myself
*Understanding and empathetic
*Always willing to be there for a friend and consider myself trustworthy
*Ni is great for shifting perspectives to solve problems
*Don't have a limiting sense of self/ego

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I hate how what I know I should do and what I want to do are almost always to diametrical things...

I love how open-minded and laid back I am.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I hate, or better said, I disregard, the 'interferences' between my will and my actions, caused by myself or the others. Instead, I love that, against the way things go in the physical world, I can always recall who I am and never 'lose myself', to say so, although it may not always be understood as 'stable'.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Question 1: What traits do you hate about yourself? My indecisiveness, I hate how long it take me to decide on anything, I dont enjoy my impossible hard to reach dreams that i have.
I dont like that because of my indecisiveness i am not where im suppposed to be, i feel like i lagged alot and partied too much when i should have focused more on my future.
I hate that i feel like im never good enough for anyone, so i tend to push guys away. even though my friends try to slap some sense into me, telling me how retarded i am for even thinking that way,

Question 2: What traits do you love about yourself?I can be reliable, my friends see me as extended family, i like how i can get along with anyone, and i rarely get into a fight with my friends. i love how tall i am, and how i use art as a release for all the tension I carry, I love how im down to party whenever i can, and how im willing to try anything at least once, someone just has to push me in that direction
i love being dependable and crazy, i love how awesome i am in relationships that i usually get bestfriends out of my exs. :)
i love how easy it is for me to talk to a complete stranger. and to enjoy the company of anyone. i love that i love everyone on earth even if i dont know them, i wish my love could be shared with every person so they can feel how amazing i feel

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The list of "I hate" is way too long

I don't necessarily love anything about myself, I'm not worth it

·
Registered
619 Posts
The list of "I hate" is way too long

I don't necessarily love anything about myself, I'm not worth it
And what makes you think that? It's fine of disliking some of your qualities of yourself, but you shouldn't hate yourself as a whole. You have good qualities of yourself that you like and then you have some of the qualities that you consider that needs improvement. It's as simple as that.

What I dislike about myself
:

• I was a compulsive liar and I still am sometimes to this day. But when I say I'm honest, I'm honest. It's just the little things I lie about.

• I can be too reserved and that I need to open up more.
What I like about myself:

• I'm open to many perspectives and I'm always ready for insight.
  • I love that I love my surroundings! It's always great to learn from what's around by objects, people, and the intangible fragments of life that I take an interest in.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Can I go again? Why not.

I dislike it when I put myself down and don't take the opportunity to consider what I've accomplished in life.

I like it when I say to hell with it - and do what nobody expected. No - they never expect the quiet one to get up and do *that*. (Whatever it is. Pick something. hah)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Dislikes:

- I fish for comments/attention/what I want out of people
- I pretend to know what people are talking about (TV shows, popular music, etc) when they ask me things
- I'm irresponsible with money
- I'm terribly unreliable
- I lose faith in people and leave them when this happens (happened with my Mum)
- I hurt peoples' feelings without meaning to
- I get angry for stupid reasons or things completely beyond my control
- I am depressive
- I am weak in both mind and body
- I don't seem to be able to appreciate the finer details
- I get what I want, even when it means hurting someone else (But only in the most dire situations)
- I am generally not a very good person
- I'm co-dependant of people and not enough of an individual
- I get overwhelmed by responsibility and hide
- My only clear direction in life is following a pipe dream of making my own cartoon series

- My imagination (It is where I spend most of my time)

There, I tried

·
Registered
604 Posts
- My only clear direction in life is following a pipe dream of making my own cartoon series

- My imagination (It is where I spend most of my time)

There, I tried
Jesus - what is it with INFJs beating themselves up tonight? Including me - I was doing it earlier. Man.

Zomboy - the guy that helped me publish my book told me something about 5 years ago. He was looking at this picture I had drawn of a girl riding a cricket. And he said One of these days you're going to realize you are completely insane. And then you'll accept it and everything will be perfectly fine.

I think I may just now be getting to that point. Don't wait until you are as old as me. Embrace your insanity now while you are young ;-)

Talk to me about that cartoon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dislike:
don't value my accomplishments
always doubting myself and being hard on myself
procrastination, laziness and unmotivated at times
give in easily to my fears
indecisiveness

Like:
my ability to love
my sense of humour
my values
my open mind
my imagination
my creativity
compassionate and understanding

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dislike:
Doubting my abilities
Indecisiveness
Being afraid to succeed
Stubbornness
Anxiety over personal relationships
Procrastination
Difficulty forgiving two people in my life (who seriously hurt me)

Like:
Kindness
Vivid imagination
That I can laugh at myself now
Patience
Gentle honesty
That I'm never bored
Creativity
That my adult children enjoy my company
Spiritual life

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
1) I hate that it takes so much effort and energy to maintain a conversation. It feels like you whole being is telling you to have some alone time. I guess I just wish it is easier to do than it is.

2) I like my brain and what it is able to do: imagine, think, make connections, entertain me, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
what i like about myself
- i have unwavering principles that can weather the worst of situations
- that i can love unmeasurably even those who do not. its through a whole lot of questioning, faith that the eventual understanding dawned upon me that it is okay and beautiful to simply have love in your heart
- that i can be simply myself with myself and never be bored because a series of endless through of prose and ideas are constantly streaming through my head
- that i know people respect, trust and sometimes look up to me though my reservations make it difficult for them to approach and hang out with me
- that i constantly try live my life like a poem that run through seasons. every aspect of life can be crafted to refined beauty and i love that we have the power to turn to gold anything we touch.

what i dislike about myself
- that i experience so much nuances in thought and experience it that i sometimes give up trying to articulate them or struggle in the process too
- when i feel pressured to conformed to society's expectations of what an ideal sociable and lovable person is. my self esteem has really taken a brunt from it
- insecure in gestures and as we grow up, people tend to stop trying to understand and instead, read u from the few seconds of bodily language they identify in u

·
Banned
656 Posts
What I like:
The fact that a lot of the things that I perceived to be weaknesses with age and maturity have now become advantages in how I can understand and relate to people. Introversion has now become introspection and led to better decision making. Insecurity has now become understanding for those who are struggling with issues and therefore I have a better perspective on how to help people.

What I dislike: Being comfortable in one's own skin is a good thing but being over a healthy weight puts me at risk for diabetes, high blood pressure and all other types of issues in my present and future as well as having an impact on my economic status. A lot of things in my life I have had some kind of success in improving/changing but this has been a sticking point with me. Good thing I am a stubborn person and don't let issues go easily because hopefully I will eventually use these to my advantage as well :laughing:

·
Registered
85 Posts
What I like:
The fact that a lot of the things that I perceived to be weaknesses with age and maturity have now become advantages in how I can understand and relate to people. Introversion has now become introspection and led to better decision making. Insecurity has now become understanding for those who are struggling with issues and therefore I have a better perspective on how to help people.

What I dislike: Being comfortable in one's own skin is a good thing but being over a healthy weight puts me at risk for diabetes, high blood pressure and all other types of issues in my present and future as well as having an impact on my economic status. A lot of things in my life I have had some kind of success in improving/changing but this has been a sticking point with me. Good thing I am a stubborn person and don't let issues go easily because hopefully I will eventually use these to my advantage as well :laughing:
Yeah!...for putting introversion and insecurity into perspective! I'll be sending you good thoughts concerning your health!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I hate to be indecisive
I can be a bit too hypocrit and cynical sometimes
I can be very aggresive
over friendly sometimes.
I need more confidence on myself

I love that I am open minded
I love that I am very smart
I love that I am very unique
I love that I have a huge ability with people and that I earn their trust quickly
I love to be so imaginative

1 - 20 of 26 Posts