Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want to make this about religion, but from a philosophical standpoint, do you think that when we die...we die, we're gone? Or do you think there's something more? For you to have consciousness after death would mean admitting that the supernatural does in fact exist, which opens up countless new worlds. I honestly have no idea.

I mean, can you imagine that when you die, you appear in a room, where everyone is like "so how'd it go?", and you have everything explained to you? Seems a bit far fetched. I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine consciousness without a physical vessel.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I really don't want to make this about religion, but from a philosophical standpoint, do you think that when we die...we die, we're gone?
i would think we would go to the same place an amoeba goes after it dies.

For you to have consciousness after death would mean admitting that the supernatural does in fact exist
for us to have consciousness after death would mean that we have consciousness after death

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I think death is without sensation.

Reactions: Narcissus

·
Registered
963 Posts
I mean, can you imagine that when you die, you appear in a room, where everyone is like "so how'd it go?", and you have everything explained to you? Seems a bit far fetched. I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine consciousness without a physical vessel.
I have not the littlest idea.
I guess no.
but if it happen I want to be explained all the stuff I don't understand and I struggle about (how the universe is, how big it is and how everything works and all the rest). If there is something similar to a paradise it has to be a infinite serie of answers to my questions.
I would be very very very angry if it was peace and love and songs and beauty as some religions describe it.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
The Emperor asked Master Gudo, "What happens to a man of enlightenment after death?"

"How should I know?" replied Gudo.

"Because you are a master," answered the Emperor.

"Yes sir," said Gudo, "but not a dead one."

·
Registered
451 Posts
Why do some things need meaning? All of your thoughts are physical and occur in the brain. Unless we were to say that there is a copy of our essence -religious pov- in the form of a soul, then there is nothing to continue that existence.

Do you ever fall asleep one minute but just a few moments before you were having thoughts running through your head? The cessation of existence would simply be never waking up and realizing you stopped having thoughts. All you need to imagine is the essence of sleep, as the saying goes, sleep is the cousin of death. The absence of experience and whats wonderful about it is once we are dead we can't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What is the meaning of everything?
its existence.

As for me personally being around:
Live life and enjoy it, for after it is nothingness in my opinion.

I consider death to be an ultimate prize which you will win eventually, leaving nothing. No more things I have to do, no more nagging, complaining, demands, stress etc etc. Litterally: rest in peace

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
For you to have consciousness after death would mean admitting that the supernatural does in fact exist, which opens up countless new worlds.
It would only mean that not everything is yet scientifically understood - something we already knew.

I think there is no "meaning" in all this. If some kind of ultimate meaning, such as the love of God or something, did exist, it would only lead to the obvious question "what is the meaning of the meaning", and so on. Meaning is a concept we humans invented.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Why would what happens after death have any connection with the 'meaning' of life?

Fwiw I don't think there is a meaning, I think we just are like every other animal, bacterium, plant and rock. I think because we look for patterns as part of our evolution we're trying to extrapolate deeper stuff that just isn't there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think there is too much meaning in life, though I'd love to be convinced otherwise. I constantly have to infuse meaning in my life or else I start to think I shouldn't even be here--but that might just be depression talking. When we die, I believe, we don't go anywhere, it just ends. I do believe in God, but the Word never says that people go to some pretty, cloudy heaven with Jeez embracing you or that people go to a fiery burning pit to get a spicy lap dance from satan when they die.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts