Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I work harder than other employees and need less help getting things done. Younger people need to be part of a team because they can't do it themselves.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Before I was grouped-in with the "Generation X", I was part of a group known as the "Baby-Busters"; the ones born in the middle to late sixties right after the Boomers. Population wise, there weren't a lot of people born at that time. I was often the youngest guy wherever I worked; but as I grew older, I just found myself in-between. Sometimes that's nice: I'm old enough to hang out with the older baby-boomers (where I'm the young guy), but still young enough to hang out with the generation x-ers (where I'm the old guy). Isn't that funny? Moving between "worlds". I believe these experiences helped shape me, and why I often take the roll of communicator, or go-between: trying to understand what one group is saying and then explaining it to another group in a paired-down, no nonsense way. I try to communicate the intent without the innuendo; the view without the visceral. It just seems like a natural thing for me to do, although I admit that sometimes the message being sent is the innuendo or the visceral response; and that's when I just get out of the way!

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
*Most mums were at home with their kids and if they worked part time they were home by the time their kids returned from school. I liked that.
*Play time for kids was 99% outside! We moved our asses and there didn't appear to be any obese kids in my neighbourhood. We were far too busy running around and biking around to put on excess weight.
*The music and the TV shows rocked!!!
*My parents felt that it was safe enough to leave the back door unlocked at night.... well it was!
*Most parents were chilled out and didn't fret about our safety to the point that there was no adventure in our lives.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Reality TV didn't exist!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just wait until they blend Gilligan's Island with Survivor (yikes!).

Reactions: GiGi and cosmos

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
*Most parents were chilled out and didn't fret about our safety to the point that there was no adventure in our lives.
Oooh how I wish, it was quite the opposite for me! Safety this, safety that, don't do this, or you could (ask!) get hurt, lose a limb, get burned, electrocuted, drown, get kidnapped, make you do drugs, listening to certain music makes you demonic, be promiscuous and will make you do drugs, etc...you get the idea. Wish I was exaggerating, but I blame this for my problems with anxiety over building fires because of the loud scary alarm sounds and drills. The imagery of everything that could go wrong still haunts me to this day. Now that I think of it, none of that worked as I did get quite into doing stupid things for the sake of the thrill and got hurt and guess what...I SURVIVED! Sprained my knee once but that's all (hey, I got out of square dancing in gym class, totally worth it!) lol

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
So had I until yesterday. :crying: lol God that sucked!...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I like being a gen x-er because it was ok to be a dreamer. A teenager could leave home at 16, catch a bus to Hollywood and end up in a Metal Band making millions. Now they don't even have to leave the comfort of their room, they just put it on You Tube and they are a hit.

....(grumpy old person voice) Why in my day you had to leave home to follow your dreams and find yourself.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I like being a gen x-er because it was ok to be a dreamer. A teenager could leave home at 16, catch a bus to Hollywood and end up in a Metal Band making millions. Now they don't even have to leave the comfort of their room, they just put it on You Tube and they are a hit.

....(grumpy old person voice) Why in my day you had to leave home to follow your dreams and find yourself.
Not if you were in my home :sad: I'd have killed for that pov and opportunity honestly. But yeah, it's pretty sad that you can get famous through YouTube and use Auto-tune to do it/keep it up and gullible people with no sense of aesthetics or musical ability apparently eat that shit up lol. But then again we did have New Kids...*shiver*

Reactions: GiGi

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
....Hangin' Tough!.............We're Tough!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts