- my sense of humour
- my wit
- my analytical mind
- my quick thinking
- my social skills
- my charm/charisma
- my independence
- my ability to find a better way to do anything
- the fact that people always have an opinion about me (whether it's good or bad). I am not a nothing person or yes-man to anyone.
- my "don't-give-a-shit" attitude towards what people think of me
- how I am not submissive to anyone (even though I wouldn't call myself highly dominant). I may not always be the leader, but I'm never the follower. I prefer to lead, and if no one wants to follow me then I go on by myself.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've been thinking about this sort of thing a lot this week at my job. For a brief moment on Monday I thought my career might be over. Not that I was THAT upset . . .

I'll spare everyone the details, but the problem concerned getting a device to work in a remote location belonging to a third party who manages their own network. This thing needs to work by the end of the next week or my company loses over a million bucks. And this project has my name all over it, as I'm the manager over the technicians who were dwelling too much on facts to understand the problem. Well, my higher-ups heard it wasn't going well and suddenly I was in day-long meetings full of panicked people. I was taking phone calls from angry assholes I'd never met. Everyone wanted solutions and timelines. Escalations! Breach of contract! I just kinda said "yep . . . uh huh. . . well . . . I'm sure something will come up. . . . ok . . . . later. . . bye . . . ." People were getting pissed and I could hear my name on the wind. I just went on walking the dog, playing with the boy, eating lunch, talking with my gf, posting here.

Finally yesterday morning I woke up with a vision.

I made one phone call. "Let's open port 3802 on that router--the one everyone says couldn't be the problem. Yeah, that one."

They made the change this morning.

By noon the problem wasn't a problem any more.

So, that's what I like about being an ENTP. It's like being on vacation all the time.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, that's what I like about being an ENTP. It's like being on vacation all the time.
Loved that quote. It's so true. I don't get stressed out by such situations either, since a) I am confident I'll be able to come up with a solution when the time comes, and b) I always have an exit strategy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Finally yesterday morning I woke up with a vision.
I call this my "early morning thinking." I've had some people tell me that it's just my brain working on a problem that I went to sleep with...but sometimes it seems like it's more than that...it seems like it's more of a random idea generator.

While this is cool and all, I wish I could use it for more than just ideas/solutions...like mind control.

That shirt and bra are way to tight and restrictive...you should take them off.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Loved that quote. It's so true. I don't get stressed out by such situations either, since a) I am confident I'll be able to come up with a solution when the time comes, and b) I always have an exit strategy.
Ditto.

I always say I have a plan B at hand. Never miss a beat, always have something to fall back on. And let's not forget delegating here people! ENTP's are not lone wolfs. I delegate the shit out of everything. If something goes wrong, I have at least 3-5 people in my phone that I can call to fix a problem. If I don't, I make friends, and add them into my phone for next time.

Another trait I believe is the ability to pick your battles. Some of the other types can act too much like a bull in a china shop. Way to brazen, and picking fights with anyone and everyone. Some are way too passive, and second-guessing of themselves. I find I can easily shrug a conflict off. If someone attacks me, my first reaction is not to get defensive, nor is it to acquiesce...but rather, something along the lines of apathy. I hate burning bridges, and distancing what may later become useful contacts (see my comment on delegation above). So, I rather let things lie, than spur it on more. Only when I genuinely care about something do I fight for it.

Most of the time, I don't get angry with people, except if they are acting like retarded morons. Then, I usually start seeping in sarcasm and finally get irritated enough to lash out. Usually, I am quite good at making people think I am awesome again.

That's another thing about being ENTP: being the definition of awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts