Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often read that it's the best combination... But I have some doubts. ESTJ, you are all the opposite of us.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I mean, I don't think ISTP's are the opposite of ESTJ's.
I've never seen them get along in real life, but I suppose both of their love or pragmatism (even if in a different sense) could create a good friendship. Both the types seem pretty no-nonsense too.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I would imagine the two types have similar priorities having T-S-N-F order of functions, but the priorities just have different emphasis, you understanding standing logical systems, them understanding logical routes to get results, etc. So you two might think you are a match because you guys view life from a similar yet interestingly different angle. I'm sure there are quite a few ESTJ/ISTP marriages actually.

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I want an ESTJ answer....

Edit: This forum is deserted. This is the proof of the MBTI validity.

The ESTJ is incredibly cold and self-centered.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
This girl is really young, stereotyping and some people question her typing even. She has some MBTI knowledge but her descriptions are based on her own experiences and she is like 22 only, not a reliable source. I watched her when I was complete noob to MBTI.

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
897 Posts
My husband is Istp and I'm not sure an estj would work for him. Istps value privacy and independence- and estjs can be very directive and bossy. I think they would bond over the 'T' though...

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
934 Posts
I don't know if this guy is reliable, if his understanding of cognitive functions is at all good, but he goes against the idea that ISTP and ESTJ can't really get along and it makes a lot of sense to me.
He actually argues that for an ISTP an ESTJ is the best person for them to be around.

Skip to 17:54 if the video doesn't automatically start there.

Also, this guy types himself as an ENTP, but he is typed by others as an ESTJ, so you could think of this as a potential ESTJ responding to your question.

·
Registered
246 Posts
An ESTJ has yet to reply lol

When I was first into MBTI, I didn't think that I would like ESTJs and from their perspectives, I didn't think they'd like me.

But when I listed out the characteristics of what I like in people, it all spelled out E-S-T-J in my mind.

And when I typed my favorite teachers and crushes, I was floored to find they were all similar to the ESTJ description. But I don't really like how many descriptions describe them though. Yes, they're bossy and direct, but they have a soft spot for quiet people and can sometimes act like a dork towards people they are close to (based on my observations). These guys talk a lot, so they like people who are good listeners and laugh a lot. They want to be considered funny, but most people don't consider their jokes to be funny (but the fact no one considers them funny makes me laugh).

They don't mince their words and beat around the bush, I don't do that too, so we tend to pair up nicely.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
This is an adverserial or functional relationship.

I find it unlikely that these two types will really care much about each other unless it's some sort of transaction or business dealing.

I'd imagine even close relationships would tend to work like that.

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if this guy is reliable, if his understanding of cognitive functions is at all good, but he goes against the idea that ISTP and ESTJ can't really get along and it makes a lot of sense to me.
He actually argues that for an ISTP an ESTJ is the best person for them to be around.
Did you experiment by yourself? To sum up, the ESTJ makes you feel like a child which must be supported, guided constantly in his choices and the management of his life. It can be nice, or terribly humiliating. But the fact is, they are difficult to satisfy.

Think to Lois in Malcom...

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
934 Posts
Did you experiment by yourself? To sum up, the ESTJ makes you feel like a child which must be supported, guided constantly in his choices and the management of his life. It can be nice, or terribly humiliating. But the fact is, they are difficult to satisfy.

Think to Lois in Malcom...
Oh no, I haven't typed anyone in my real life yet. I don't have a good enough understanding of the cognitive functions yet.

When I said, "... he goes against the idea that ISTP and ESTJ can't really get along and it makes a lot of sense to me."
What I should have said was, "If his understanding of the cognitive functions is correct ... then it makes a lot of sense to me."

Given your summing up, my boss might be an ESTJ. I get along with him, but there are people who I do get along with more easily.
Our relationship is a bit stand-offish and very work focused, but I've never been annoyed with him and he hasn't been annoyed with me as far as I know.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
An ESTJ has yet to reply lol

When I was first into MBTI, I didn't think that I would like ESTJs and from their perspectives, I didn't think they'd like me.

But when I listed out the characteristics of what I like in people, it all spelled out E-S-T-J in my mind.

And when I typed my favorite teachers and crushes, I was floored to find they were all similar to the ESTJ description. But I don't really like how many descriptions describe them though. Yes, they're bossy and direct, but they have a soft spot for quiet people and can sometimes act like a dork towards people they are close to (based on my observations). These guys talk a lot, so they like people who are good listeners and laugh a lot. They want to be considered funny, but most people don't consider their jokes to be funny (but the fact no one considers them funny makes me laugh).

They don't mince their words and beat around the bush, I don't do that too, so we tend to pair up nicely.
I agree this is ESTJ in a nut shell.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My dad is an open-minded ESTJ and my husband is an ISTP. They like each other just fine, but my ISTP definitely gets worn out occasionally because of all of the ESTJ details. As long as he can get my dad on a topic that interests him, it seems to work out and there is definitely a mutual respect.

I could see this working out as a complementary pair.

Reactions: Retsu

·
Registered
55 Posts
Based from what I heard about ISTP is a good combination but unfortunately I didn't manage to get a ISTP for my partner life. Since I m ESTJ I know it all.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've known couple of ESTJs. Almost always became best friends in few days. Then separated in few months and never talked again.

I usually helped them with their problems or they helped me with mine. But when there were no more problems, we didn't have much to do together. So short but intense relationships. I'd probably be dead without some of them.

I think they saw me just as a cool dude who can help or needs help. Like really, I don't remember spending time with ESTJ and not dealing with some fucked up situation. There were no hard feelings. Got some good memories and that's it. "I don't need you anymore so fuck off" sort of thing.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I want an ESTJ answer....

Edit: This forum is deserted. This is the proof of the MBTI validity.

The ESTJ is incredibly cold and self-centered.
what does that have to do with the forum being deserted

are you joking

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
No. According to the theory, you are the least interested in psychology, empathy and what is abstract.
That's nice, but I'm not personally devoid of any of those things and nor does the ESTJ label define my capabilities for empathy. I'm on a psychology with psychotherapy and counselling course to become a psychotherapist because I want to help people with their mental health and I'm very fascinated by the human mind.

Where did you even get that information from? Empathy is nothing to do with either the theory OR the fact that the ESTJ forum is abandoned. How did you reach the conclusion that not many people typing as ESTJ on here proves that they're cold and self centred?

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's nice, but I'm not personally devoid of any of those things and nor does the ESTJ label define my capabilities for empathy. I'm on a psychology with psychotherapy and counselling course to become a psychotherapist because I want to help people with their mental health and I'm very fascinated by the human mind.

Where did you even get that information from? Empathy is nothing to do with either the theory OR the fact that the ESTJ forum is abandoned. How did you reach the conclusion that not many people typing as ESTJ on here proves that they're cold and self centred?
You do not have the intuitive ability to understand others. You are focused on your values but rigid, domineering and impatient. It makes you very hard. ESTJs can work in general medicine, and to some extent in the social working like Probation Officer for example... In psychology, I would be surprised if you are good. That said, I have known some INTP frankly average in psychology, and yet it is an area of interest for them.... I use Ti. So I'm referring to MBTI models and my experience.

Do you intend to do this face expression when you will welcoming your patients? (Do you wear a hood?)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.